What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Personally I had fun.  It was interesting to try and use hit and run tactics.  It's something we don't do very often. (As seen by the guard deaths)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Farrah said:
     you can defile instead if you don't want to deal with guards.

Worldburn
  • -shrug-
    I had fun trying new things.

Couple of breathrain kills in the meantime and gaining sanction ON a guardstack. Was pretty nifty.

I mean, I did piss and moan about if afterwards, but that's 12 hours ago now so meh :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2017
    nvm. Not gonna start a flame war.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    I do kind of feel like guard mechanics could use a look. When players are deliberately using them or not using them out of a sense of "fairness", that feels broken. You shouldn't have to artificially cripple yourself, or steamroll a raid group just to make things even. I'm just a noob though, so maybe I'm missing the point.

Just spitballing here, but I would like to see guards severely weakened in terms of raw damage, but allow for more complex orders a la an RTS.
  • edited August 2017
    That'd be cool! Archers can attack at range or something?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Talamond said:
    I do kind of feel like guard mechanics could use a look. When players are deliberately using them or not using them out of a sense of "fairness", that feels broken. You shouldn't have to artificially cripple yourself, or steamroll a raid group just to make things even. I'm just a noob though, so maybe I'm missing the point.

Just spitballing here, but I would like to see guards severely weakened in terms of raw damage, but allow for more complex orders a la an RTS.

That wouldn't change the balance of it, though, unless you're suggesting the guards provide no real advantage at all, in which case, why use them?

I think you have to look at the context of the complaints about guards. Guards are meant to provide a defensive advantage, so in order to overcome that advantage, your group needs to be solidly better than the defense group. The circumstances being discussed presently are ones where Targ raided with a weaker group than Eleusis had, and Eleusis used its defensive advantages, combined with its already stronger group to stomp the raiders. The current solution for raiders is to take that into account and not raid with a weaker group, but because people like raiding with weaker groups, there's a cultural expectation among a lot of  people to "only use guards if you need them." This goes for font, as well, as both provide advantages that would upset an equal match or turn an already unequal match into a stomp.

The only change that would end that, though, is to not have any defensive advantages at all. Any advantage is inherently going to imbalance a fight. I'm fine with raiding being "harder" than just fighting the people out of city, though. It makes sense. A lot of people disagree and want it to just be "the best team wins" though, and don't like any defensive advantage that swings the tide.
  • @Mathilda technically the final numbers were:

Raiders were: Achilles, Bokwus, Frederich, Karren, Mathilda, Torinn, Xaden.

Defenders were: Hakaido, Gavriil, Naoma, Senoske, Miriew, Ziahra, Wicella, Djenn, Lomion, Corulan, Marlo, Bail, Zenii, Aelyn, Mycen.+ font + guards lol.

Which I'll admit wasn't fun at all, but no one was listening when I said we should just fight them normally because we more than doubled you guys. :(
  • What I'm hearing is people are scared of Targ raid groups, regardless of who's in them. :D
  • If you're raiding vs Mycen and Gavriil and don't expect guards and worldburn to be used, you're in for a bad time.

• Bokwus ditched our asses to go murder the shit out of Nehmrah in the arena about 1 death in (after I had joined).

We tried to defile a shrine later, but they just kept sitting on their defendable with auto-beckon from Cyro eventually and we didn't have any beckoners. :(
  • If they world born, hope you have a DW with trointeth

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I forgot @Karren! Recent converts are hard to track :D
     <3 
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Better give him a warm welcome, @Mathilda. He's number two. Working on three and four.  ;)
  • Your fellow citizen, Seczi, has just escaped imprisonment in the foul pygmy dungeon. Welcome her to Cyrene!

Telendrieth gives a deep sigh and pulls out the special pipe.
    Your draw is accompanied by a deep gurgling sound before a series of shining bubbles erupt from the bowl of your pipe.
    You take a long drag of weed off your pipe.
    Your lungs have recovered enough to smoke another mineral or plant.
    The bubbles spewn from an enamel bubble pipe burst. *POP* *POP* *POP*
    -Roll smileys-
  • edited August 2017
    I see Cyrene is finally starting to try and cleanse its fungal infections.
  • I won the practice riddle and sucked it up on the actual riddles. Also I found the Door(tm) and it took me to the Angry Ocean of Death. Sad times for Ehene.

• Ehene, if you spam TOUCH SHIELD, you'll actually live a decent amount of time!

Also, if you can tank a hit, time your shield touches, call for a friend, and prism prism away from the pain. (I've done this exactly once.)
  • I am happy Eleusians know how guards work now.
  • Rangor said:
    I am happy Eleusians know how guards work now.
    I didn't think it was possible to move more than one at a time...

• It shouldn't be, actually. Eleusis was doing that at one point and it got classed as a bug and fixed. But, also, they might've just moved them slowly and you didn't notice.
  • edited August 2017
    I found a friend to start playing Achaea with, which is great because barely anyone in-game talks to me.  Accept Hataru, who keeps me focused on my tasks. 

Woot!
  • Kiet said:
    It shouldn't be, actually. Eleusis was doing that at one point and it got classed as a bug and fixed. But, also, they might've just moved them slowly and you didn't notice.
    You're able to call five at once, but only the last one not in room will come. Confused me but looks legit

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Frederich said:
    we didn't have any beckoners. :(
    There's something inherently wrong about this statement, coming from Targossas.

• Skye said:
    Frederich said:
    Doubly wrong, considering Torinn was there.
  • Sayenna said:
    Skye said:
    Frederich said:
    Doubly wrong, considering Torinn was there.
    Different fights entirely.

• Xaden said:
    Kiet said:
    It shouldn't be, actually. Eleusis was doing that at one point and it got classed as a bug and fixed. But, also, they might've just moved them slowly and you didn't notice.
    You're able to call five at once, but only the last one not in room will come. Confused me but looks legit
    They were abusing that bug during our war, except at that time all 5 would actually come.

• @Cooper

That wasn't the bug that was fixed, at all.

Hell, that bug didn't even exist (as i've seen farrah do the same thing, except she didn't get 5 to come).  If you have multiple security/war aides re-position guards, then multiple guards will come.  Simple as that.  (This was prior to the Eleusis Mhaldor War, and I tested her way of positioning guards during our war as well).

The bug that was fixed was that you could call for a guard.  Then, in the thirty second window move somewhere else, call a guard.. and you'd use the old timer, meaning that the new guard could come, instantly, in about 1-3 seconds to the new room.