What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Good friend (who plays Achaea) tells me he misses me over discord, I tell him I've been a little active in forums.

I know I seriously need to adapt to new offline-life schedule so I can play more. As it stands, my desire to play anything except one-player games is dead like a newbie trying to sass a combatant. This is not going to happen quickly, and I wish it were because of people who keep telling me in various ways, not to mention things I have to do in-game.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π

• Argent Hand Itkovian Otanthalian, Blood Born has just replaced Guardian Xaden Ashture, Song of the Lightbringer as Leader of Dawnblade.

Hey, Muricans, what am I supposed to do with all this freedom?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:

Argent Hand Itkovian Otanthalian, Blood Born has just replaced Guardian Xaden Ashture, Song of the Lightbringer as Leader of Dawnblade.

You could try hunting...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Almost got Xaden's wife to dragon, next up is Xaden's son. The hunt never stops.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• What's a dragon?

• Xaden said:
    Almost got Xaden's wife to dragon, next up is Xaden's son. The hunt never stops.
    Hi!  B)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2017
    Xaden said:

Argent Hand Itkovian Otanthalian, Blood Born has just replaced Guardian Xaden Ashture, Song of the Lightbringer as Leader of Dawnblade.

I heard that Ashtan is sitting on a rich deposit of oil credits and are developing weapons of mass destruction chaos.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Took part in the archery competition that really rocked. Came in 4th. Story of my life.
  • After almost a half year break, finally found the time to come back to Achaea. Now I'm just trying to work out what has changed heh.
  • Thought I was going to miss the archery contest because was about four hours from the time of this post and I won't be home. Instead missed it because suddenly I cannot do maths.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I knew I was going to miss the Archery contest because I have a job. It seemed primarily aimed at Asian players based on the time chosen (not great for US or EU)? They often get really unfavourable timing on events.
  • So far there's been 0 events my timezone has allowed me to participate in.
  • There's been things early morning, mid day, early afternoon, and early evening for me. If you haven't been able to participate, it's probably not because of your timezone. Do you want IRE to get the work and school schedule for every player and make an event in a perfect time period for each person?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cooper said:
    There's been things early morning, mid day, early afternoon, and early evening for me. If you haven't been able to participate, it's probably not because of your timezone. Do you want IRE to get the work and school schedule for every player and make an event in a perfect time period for each person?
    Yes. In Nicola we trust.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Cooper Nah, I know they're trying, but it's all happened during early morning hours (1am - 4am) or while I was at work. Unless something happens at 4pm - 10pm GMT+2, I'll miss it.
  • Went hunting for fire wyrms today after finding someone who was willing to help me with butchering stuff! Promptly died to one of the big wyrms as I belatedly realised that I did not have chainmail armour.

Went for a short sail with Eliana and Evandur to Clockwork Isle after shipreturning and finding out it was set on the Scions ship, not another. Oops. Went hunting and got back the experience I lost to the painful wyrm.

Evandur also got me a bull elephant and a hyena. I named my pet elephant Trumpetsella. We can go trumpeting together the next time I come around!

• Cooper said:
    There's been things early morning, mid day, early afternoon, and early evening for me. If you haven't been able to participate, it's probably not because of your timezone. Do you want IRE to get the work and school schedule for every player and make an event in a perfect time period for each person?
    Midnight for the treasure hunt and 8am on a work day for the archery. Not really helpful for those in the UK.

The Foozle of course was fine, it was just personal commitments that stopped me attending that. 

I still think the events are skewed around the US time zone because that's where most of the player base are, so makes more sense commercially. Admins have an impossible job to keep everyone included, I don't envy them. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Was sad to miss the archery (4am my time when I have my biggest load of classes the next day is no bueno), but I understand. I just hope there's more in the future, I'm very intrigued by the concept!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    I missed it too, Mel, but a friend of mine had the clarity to sketch a representative moment.

• edited August 2017
    Sobriquet said:
    Cooper said:
    Midnight for the treasure hunt and 8am on a work day for the archery. Not really helpful for those in the UK.

The Foozle of course was fine, it was just personal commitments that stopped me attending that. 

I still think the events are skewed around the US time zone because that's where most of the player base are, so makes more sense commercially. Admins have an impossible job to keep everyone included, I don't envy them. 
    Midnight on a saturday/sunday crossover is a perfectly reasonable time to be awake for most people, I'm not sure where the complaint is there.
  • By most people, you mean those without 3 kids and family commitments?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    By most people, you mean those without 3 kids and family commitments?
    I think folks should start with the Level 1 Kid, and then see if they need to upgrade to Levels 2 or 3.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Prythe said:
    Sobriquet said:
    I think folks should start with the Level 1 Kid, and then see if they need to upgrade to Levels 2 or 3.
    I feel like this is generally the way things go...I mean, I'm not claiming to know the exact procedure or anything.. but yeah. 
  • Sobriquet said:
    Idk man, growing up all the parents I knew stayed up till midnight pretty regularly. It might be a cultural thing, though, and 3 kids is definitely exponentially more draining. I just don't believe it's somehow a rarity to stay up that late once you have children.
  • - 2017/08/23 05:30:47 - Nemesian Imperator Seragorn Rousseau has battered Armali to death.
    - 2017/08/23 05:49:47 - Nemesian Imperator Seragorn Rousseau has battered Armali to death.
    - 2017/08/23 06:01:01 - Nemesian Imperator Seragorn Rousseau has battered Armali to death.
    - 2017/08/23 06:10:59 - Aureate light spills from the mouth and nose of Seragorn as 
    Wellspring Initiate Armali transmutes his flesh into gleaming gold.
    - 2017/08/23 06:17:03 - Seragorn falls before Wellspring Initiate Armali as his organs 

Stikmonk stronk.
  • Sayenna said:
    Certimene says, "Congratulations, Sayenna! You are now a fledgling in the Depthswalker class. HELP CLASS DEPTHSWALKER will get you started. It will also show you a list of Cities that accept this class."
    [15:04:52.263] (4668|3812|52%) () (xe|bdck_)

Time to embrace the edgelord life. Shaman was great and fun while it lasted!

Welcome to being a walking artifact cart!
  • Solnir said:

Welcome to being a walking artifact cart!
    Time to steal kills from @Torinn, since he had a penchant for using me and my OP bleed skills to steal kills. >:(
  • Right?! Fucking Priests stealing my inflame's with their absolves.