What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• who cares about numbers
  • edited May 2017
    Taryius said:
    If using reclamation isn't aggressive, than extermination shouldn't be either. You can monitor our movements with reclamation, what we speak, damage us and so on.. You can't tell me you thought nothing would come from covering Mhaldor in vines??
    Ah yes, but I didn't cover Mhaldor in vines. I didn't vine anything past defendable as far as I know. I'll admit I'm not that familiar with y'all's territory apart from planting Logosmas trees and hanging a stocking at defendable. Thanks for the coal by the way, that was brilliantly done.

The ability to see someone is not an aggressive act (farsee, dragonsense, scent, veilglance). The ability to damage someone, as yet unused, is not an aggressive act (we all have abilities to damage someone, it isn't aggressive until you use it). The ability to hear what you say isn't aggressive (there are so many forms of hiding that fall under this category).

Also, reclamation doesn't do any *harm* to the land or remove your ability to use it, whereas extermination clearly takes away from our ability to use the forests (prevents most grove skills other than rejuv/naturalism), let alone the damage to the plants that grow therein.
  • Know what's obnoxious?

"YOU USED GUARDS.  SO LETS HIT YOU AT YOUR OFF-PEAK HOUR FOR A 3 HOUR LONG RAID WHERE WE BASH 40+ GUARDS!"

Yeah.  Real fucking mature guys who bitch when bad shit is done to them (and then we stop)
  • Shirszae said:
    You are being obnoxious. You are covering the island of Mhaldor (AKA the faction that burn trees because they don't like them) in vines. How can you seriously and honestly believe that such is not going to bring repercussions? It might not be a mechanically aggressive action, but it is definitely aggressive from a RP point of view.
    Repercussions? Mhaldor has been exterminating entire forests for the last two years, and I'm the one being obnoxious?

Hush, puppy, and find a place on the sidelines.
  • @Makarios said that a city-state could become bankrupt if we bashed enough guards. We're testing that theory, FOR SCIENCE!
  • edited May 2017
    Held a seamonster hunt with a fair number of participants for a couple days. 
  • Faedwyn said:
    Shirszae said:
    You are being obnoxious. You are covering the island of Mhaldor (AKA the faction that burn trees because they don't like them) in vines. How can you seriously and honestly believe that such is not going to bring repercussions? It might not be a mechanically aggressive action, but it is definitely aggressive from a RP point of view.
    Repercussions? Mhaldor has been exterminating entire forests for the last two years, and I'm the one being obnoxious?

You're being obnoxious in thinking your actions weren't aggressive and weren't worth retaliation. If you want to protest Mhaldor's extermination, go ahead and vine our Isle. But we'll kill you for it.
  • edited May 2017
    Occasional exterminations by Mhaldor are fair. Occasional placing of vines by Eleusis is fair. Smudging and pulling up of totems by Eleusis is fair. Raids by Mhaldor on Eleusis are fair.

All's fair in love and war.

• "Find a place on the sidelines" isn't a phrase which really has much merit, when you yourself, are a literal nobody.
  • So much anger and vitriol. Let's take a deep breath and remember what this thread is for. What happened to you today? Today, Ehene did nothing, but I went to a party and had a great time.

• edited May 2017
    Rangor said:
    Faedwyn said:
    Shirszae said:

Your posts are silly. You reclaimed Mhaldor Isle. Good job! Take pride in that and rub it in their noses. Do it again tomorrow and bring a gank squad to wreck them when they come to firelash the vines. Pretending they aren't going to react to it is silly.
    You misunderstood or misread. The point is the response was inappropriate, not that I especially care.

Attempting to or actually killing someone 5X times when they aren't even on your turf at the time (vs the appropriate response of just firelashing the vines).
  • edited May 2017
    That's like saying you should just uproot/implant totems if someone pulls them up in your City. That's the way to get rid of what they did. The person who did it? Absolutely deserves to get murdered, because it's annoying, has an actual implication, and is basically telling your team they're open to fighting, if only because they're going out of their way to annoy you.

Don't want to die? Don't bait other people into hitting you.
  • edited May 2017
    Faedwyn said:
    Shirszae said:

A - that last sentence makes you sound like a total tool.

B - if covering the isle with vines isn't being a dick then burning the forest isn't being a dick. Because it's not -in- Eleusis. Bad logic. 

• Titonus said:
    Faedwyn said:
    Rangor said:
    Faedwyn said:
    Shirszae said:
    words
    words
    words
    You misunderstood or misread. The point is the response was inappropriate, not that I especially care.

Attempting to or actually killing someone 5X times when they aren't even on your turf at the time (vs the appropriate response of just firelashing the vines).
    I'm sorry, but, how is attacking you for putting vines on Mhaldor Island inappropriate exactly? We don't have forest rooms, and we are actively burning yours. By putting those vines there, you're placing yourself into the conflict. When I exterminate rooms, I am expecting physical repercussions, like Rangor did earlier when he afk hoisted me while I had my dog outside and the three of you killed me. I didn't get mad, because I'm involved in the conflict. I mean, you can't have it both ways here.
    When you put it that way, it makes complete sense. Perhaps I was just thinking about this incorrectly, having previously pursued folks just slightly beyond defendable and then had them use that as cause to hunt me down days later while I was hunting.

I'm still getting used to being an active combatant and the rules and lines are a bit blurry for me still.
  • The old PK rules went into great detail about what is "defendable" and what actions give "cause" and how many times you can be killed in retribution for an action that gives cause.

The new HELP PK rules have been in place for some years now, and they place the emphasis on justifiable roleplay reasons instead. Someone might have a justifiable roleplay reason to attack you even if you haven't physically attacked them. Also, chasing a raider slightly beyond "defendable" doesn't necessarily give them a justifiable roleplay reason to attack you days later.

The circuit breaker in all this is layed out in HELP GRIEFING, which essentially says that thou shalt not be a dick and make someone's game time a misery.

• Frederich said:
    Know what's obnoxious?

"YOU USED GUARDS.  SO LETS HIT YOU AT YOUR OFF-PEAK HOUR FOR A 3 HOUR LONG RAID WHERE WE BASH 40+ GUARDS!"

Yeah.  Real fucking mature guys who bitch when bad shit is done to them (and then we stop)
    Dude. Don't be so angry. They're just guards.

It's nice to have visitors. It gets lonely sometimes.
  • visitors that overstay their 2 hour welcome are gross tho. 

you also left me alone with them.  Of course I want to keel them.
  • Mhaldor Isle is Mhaldor turf. Putting down vines essentially means we're taking active steps to reclaim their territory and return it to the influence of Nature. It's seen as an act of provocation and therefore gives Mhaldorians justifiable reason to come after the reclaimer and/or Eleusis.
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Faedwyn said:
    Titonus said:
    Faedwyn said:
    Rangor said:
    Faedwyn said:
    Shirszae said:
    words
    words
    words

I'm sorry, but, how is attacking you for putting vines on Mhaldor Island inappropriate exactly? We don't have forest rooms, and we are actively burning yours. By putting those vines there, you're placing yourself into the conflict. When I exterminate rooms, I am expecting physical repercussions, like Rangor did earlier when he afk hoisted me while I had my dog outside and the three of you killed me. I didn't get mad, because I'm involved in the conflict. I mean, you can't have it both ways here.
    When you put it that way, it makes complete sense. Perhaps I was just thinking about this incorrectly, having previously pursued folks just slightly beyond defendable and then had them use that as cause to hunt me down days later while I was hunting.

I'm still getting used to being an active combatant and the rules and lines are a bit blurry for me still.
    We'll halp you learn! Just try not to take things personally OOC, because that's when things stop being fun.

• Seriously man you shouldn't be getting so mad about guards, just retaliate in game.