What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• I mean, yeah, they could've avoided this stuff by just trying to negotiate IC
  • edited May 2017
    Proficy said:
    Id rather not have to justify why or when we do things. It happens when it does, and to be honest whether S said too or not, we are on our war path regardless. If you want to say something about it. Take it ic, notice no one.... not a single member of your leadership has done or said anything in game yet...

Btw... there were A LOT more present when we started... most qq'd before we even went in.

@mhaldorians.  Dont be tellin everybody who is sayin to do what on here.. none of there buisness!
    Who exactly informed you there were more present? Because the ENTIRE time you all were doing it there were 6-9 people logged in. Most we had at one time was 11 (8 of which being newbies). Calling MAJOR HOLY FABULOUS DONKEY BALLS BULLSHIT on this one.

Sounds like you guys got a fitting person to play the divine. Who cares about fun afterall?

Also TIL that a cities logged-in population BEFORE a raid counts as the population during the raid. :lol:

"Bro, I checked QW like 8 hours ago, you guys had like 40 people logged in."
  • Lol. Ballsy
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Kiet said:
    I mean, yeah, they could've avoided this stuff by just trying to negotiate IC
    qft come on loosis
  • Senoske said:
     Sartan says, "Lord Marshal, gather My forces and make the might of My 
    following known to the heathens."

That ones for you Big S, sorry Eleusis didn't have more. You just happened to have more than Targ which is completely barren, we did destroy their shrines afterwards though.
    Still doesn't make sense a Divine would seriously tell you guys to do that when a huge chunk of people are offline. Nothing against you guys, really, just really low of a Divine to do that. As I said before, it's fun for no one.
    It makes perfect sense. What the fuck does the Malevolent One care that you can't mount a proper defense?

• Yeah dude like sorry we raided when you weren't entirely ready for it but talking shit about a volunteer like that is pretty uncalled for. Sartan's been pretty amazing so far and to say he's somehow griefing you for playing his IC role is pretty ridiculous.

Beyond that, as I said, it's Eleusis's own fault it's in this mess, we've been pretty clear about being open to negotation IC I'm pretty sure.
  • edited May 2017
    Trey said:
    Senoske said:

That ones for you Big S, sorry Eleusis didn't have more. You just happened to have more than Targ which is completely barren, we did destroy their shrines afterwards though.
    Still doesn't make sense a Divine would seriously tell you guys to do that when a huge chunk of people are offline. Nothing against you guys, really, just really low of a Divine to do that. As I said before, it's fun for no one.
    It makes perfect sense. What the fuck does the Malevolent One care that you can't mount a proper defense?
    Generally speaking, most Divines, and admins alike want players to enjoy the game. When people enjoy a game, they stick around. Not to mention, killing 3 people, well, 1 repeatedly (and the occasional newbie), isn't fun. Fun is when both sides are pretty close to even and the battle is actually good. Both sides profit from that and enjoy the game with that.

While an RP reason I understand your point sort of? Why would you want to start a reputation of "yep, they only raid when there's a significant advantage on their side" when you want to have a huge badass scary army?
  • Attitudes like @Senoske has is why they don't have a Gaia or Artemis. But hey, whatever floats their boat!
  • 1) Reputation only matters when you care about what other people think, and general fighters don't care what non-coms think.

2) It's fun to stomp newbs.
  • edited May 2017
    Aegoth said:
    Attitudes like @Senoske has is why they don't have a Gaia or Artemis. But hey, whatever floats their boat!
    The fact that I give a shit about everyone's fun is why? Wait, I'm expecting logic from an @Aegoth post. :lol:
  • More refering to your blatant harrassment of our volunteer divine. Keep those rose-coloured glasses on though!
  • I don't know what instance you have dealt with me where I have had to lie or embellish. Fact is, your not important enough for me to ever have to lie or exaggerate too.

Besides, your embarrassing yourself by making it sound like anyone is taking advantage of opportune times of no citizens being around. I am 100% certain I was out there alone by myself dealing with 7 of your eleusians like an hour earlier, (props @Eliana @coamenel for leaving when they saw it was just one). No one cried about that part of this event surprisingly when you all won.

Can we get back to what happened today, instead of what I didn't want to happen today.

• edited May 2017
    What's there to be held accountable for? I didn't post our reasoning for you to point fingers, I posted it so you knew that we had an IC reason to do it and that we weren't just randomly trying to grief you.

It's entirely within the god of evil's right to tell us to go raid people, that's part of what makes Mhaldor cool. You can be sitting around doing whatever and then he shows up and tells us to do something, and all of Mhaldor goes and does it and it's a bonding experience.

Like yeah sorry it sucked for you but it's not Sartan's fault you've escalated a half-war ICly that you can't keep up with. Eleusis literally less than a month ago was doing similar or worse shit to Mhaldor and y'all didn't have a divine mandate to excuse it in the first place.

We chose to make it Eleusis, not him, and we chose to make it Eleusis because you guys have been provoking it as Cooper has gone over like 20 times now.

I regret even mentioning it now because now you're taking it as an opportunity to do the same shit we mentioned in another thread was why we had few volunteers.
  • edited May 2017
    Kiet said:
    What's there to be held accountable for? I didn't post our reasoning for you to point fingers, I posted it so you knew that we had an IC reason to do it and that we weren't just randomly trying to grief you.

It's entirely within the god of evil's right to tell us to go raid people, that's part of what makes Mhaldor cool. You can be sitting around doing whatever and then he shows up and tells us to do something, and all of Mhaldor goes and does it and it's a bonding experience.

Like yeah sorry it sucked for you but it's not Sartan's fault you've escalated a half-war ICly that you can't keep up with. Eleusis literally less than a month ago was doing similar or worse shit to Mhaldor and y'all didn't have a divine mandate to excuse it in the first place.

We chose to make it Eleusis, not him, and we chose to make it Eleusis because you guys have been provoking it as Cooper has gone over like 20 times now.
    Never claimed Eleusis is innocent, anywhere. However, wouldn't you want to be better than things you disagree with? Or do you just decide to go down the same path?
  • The issue is that people are unwilling to accept loss, they keep seeing themselves losing to mhaldor(There was a time when Mhaldor had to face being beat down too) and equate repeated loss = greifing.

If you live with the mindset my city cant ever lose then youre going to struggle to finding a lot of fun.

Focus on the fights not the outcome, you wont lose anything too valuable even with repeated death. In my time I've seen Mhaldor go on the offense to Raid Targ even though we're likely to lose to who is Online multiple times.  (And Targ has done the same to us). 

If it was only win/Lose no raid team would ever re-enter a city after their tank gets  disassembled.
  • Taryius said:
    The issue is that people are unwilling to accept loss, they keep seeing themselves losing to mhaldor(There was a time when Mhaldor had to face being beat down too) and equate repeated loss = greifing.

If you live with the mindset my city cant ever lose then youre going to struggle to finding a lot of fun.

Focus on the fights not the outcome, you wont lose anything too valuable even with repeated death. In my time I've seen Mhaldor go on the offense to Raid Targ even though we're likely to lose to who is Online multiple times.  (And Targ has done the same to us). 

If it was only win/Lose no raid team would ever re-enter a city after their tank gets  disassembled.
    Yeah, I agree. I just don't see there being any fun or any "win/lose" or learning experience from being beat down 13 v 1. Back when I was duelling people and working on my system I didn't care about dying. Still don't care about dying. It's just annoying to see a full group of 13 people raiding somewhere with very very low defenders. It's dumb and pointless.

That's my point. It doesn't teach anything other than wellp, may as well ship return and afk!
  • edited May 2017
    My first execution was for the mistakes others made in a combat. Funny thing is I didn't mind so much. Was great that the leaders were the first to to jump into the vats.  I really thought it would bother me more but oocly I am glad it happened. It has opened up a new aspect of Rp that I didn't see coming.

So thank you @aegoth for your fanaticism. Also, one of my biggest goals is to no longer be considered a lycopod  by @herenicus. If you don't know why, you don't need to know.

EDIT: I didn't actually edit. I am on my phone. It hates me. I can grammar gooder than this.
  • edited May 2017
    In a competitive game not everyone can have fun all the time. It's that simple, really
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited May 2017
    Proficy said:
    Id rather not have to justify why or when we do things. It happens when it does, and to be honest whether S said too or not, we are on our war path regardless. If you want to say something about it. Take it ic, notice no one.... not a single member of your leadership has done or said anything in game yet...

Btw... there were A LOT more present when we started... most qq'd before we even went in.

@mhaldorians.  Dont be tellin everybody who is sayin to do what on here.. none of there buisness!
    Not sure which post that is in reply to, but if it's me, do note that I wasn't complaining.  I actually gave kudos for not being dickheads about it.

Sounds like you guys got a fitting person to play the divine. Who cares about fun afterall?
    Yup... OK dude, pump your brakes.  OOC it sucks balls, but don't be a dick to someone giving up their own time to further a storyline, phase of the game, etc for the enjoyment of the masses (Eleusis does not represent a majority of the populace) .  IC the whole thing makes perfect sense and insanely drives home the "Mhaldor is Evil and makes you Suffer".  

Senoske said:
    Trey said:
    Senoske said:

Generally speaking, most Divines, and admins alike want players to enjoy the game. When people enjoy a game, they stick around. 

While an RP reason I understand your point sort of? Why would you want to start a reputation of "yep, they only raid when there's a significant advantage on their side" when you want to have a huge badass scary army?

Point A) Pretty sure lots more Mhaldorians are "sticking around" than ever before.   
    Point B ) We would be the first to say "Don't judge Eleusis on a one-off raid..  Overall we try to make sure it's balanced and <insert verbal masturbation>"

Seriously, I get it.. but just cool down a bit.  No reason this should have you THAT worked up to start trying to 'check' Divine and shit.

• edited May 2017
    And just for some levity... 

*You're...  Fucking YOU'RE.  As in, "You're killin' me, Smalls"  (And to YOUR credit [swidt?] I did see you standing there alone in the village for a couple minutes when everyone left - almost egging us on)

Proficy said:

Fact is, your not 

Besides, your embarrassing 

• edited May 2017
    There is literally nothing about this that can't be done IG.  

Mhaldor -  EVERYTHING... everything about this wreaks of every one of the 7 Truths
    Eleusis - Instead of going on CT and saying "OMG newbies should hire"  should have said something like "That was Mhaldor, one of many sworn enemies of Eleusis.  They are not just from a city, but from the city of red fog.  You must become stronger mentally and physically if you are to be a Villager of Eleusis, as this will not be their last raiding party. In the meantime, you may hire an assassin to slay the one who killed you."   --   You know, or some shit like that.

Honestly I wish I was there for more of it and knew all the facts, because I would have said something like that first (but not all purrrty like that cuz I'm a blunt motherfucker)

edit:  and yeah, I don't talk like that on CT.  But when there are more newbies around than actual citizens, I try and keep it more.. RP-ish

• edited May 2017
    Caelan said:
    There is literally nothing about this that can't be done IG.  

Mhaldor -  EVERYTHING... everything about this wreaks of every one of the 7 Truths
    Eleusis - Instead of going on CT and saying "OMG newbies should hire"  should have said something like "That was Mhaldor, one of many sworn enemies of Eleusis.  They are not just from a city, but from the city of red fog.  You must become stronger mentally and physically if you are to be a Villager of Eleusis, as this will not be their last raiding party. In the meantime, you may hire an assassin to slay the one who killed you."   --   You know, or some shit like that.

Honestly I wish I was there for more of it and knew all the facts, because I would have said something like that first (but not all purrrty like that cuz I'm a blunt motherfucker)

edit:  and yeah, I don't talk like that on CT.  But when there are more newbies around than actual citizens, I try and keep it more.. RP-ish
    Basically, the noncoms of Eleusis are too stubborn, stupid, and prideful (for what reason? Who knows) to just try and negotiate terms with us. Are the terms going to suck for them? Absolutely. But guess what? Not everyone's a winner all the time. If they just bit the bullet and surrendered, it'd all be over. *shrug*

Instead we have idiots like Faedwyn continuing to ESCALATE by reclaiming the isle. So what do we do?

2017/05/26 08:19:19 - Alrena, Kiet, Medi, Melodie, Reyson, Seortiae, and Yinthatous have destroyed 
    The ruins of the Eleusian Inn.

2017/05/26 18:16:10 - Aegoth, Durian, Elly, Khel, Kiet, Kitiara, Mariya, Medi, Nyderrasethi, Proficy,
     Seortiae, Suzuno, and Thyranki have destroyed The ruins of Lazy path through the Draoi Quarter.

If you don't want this anymore, then have your brave and fearless leaders come to the negotiation table. Show some HUMILITY, and ACCEPT DEFEAT
  • I'm all for making Eleusis eat shit.  Then when they get pissed off, train up a shit ton of fighters, and shove your shit in, I'll just link back to this page when it's Mhaldor's turn to bitch and moan, lol. 

• Yea, my post wasn't to out Sartan at all for saying it. It's my first personal interaction with him and it was awesome! 

Sartan is the Malevolent one for a reason people, he's not here to tell us to stop beating up Eleusis because were big bullies. He's here to remind us to speak the Truths to you while we crush your windpipes.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    e v e r y   f a c t i o n   d o e s   i t 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    e v e r y   f a c t i o n   d o e s   i t 
    Consistency baby. Consistency.

It's either whine or grief. Get on the M-train, no middle ground. You got this.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.