What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• (You can still be the bad guys for fonting and moving guards when you've got a +50% numbers advantage though :p)
    Regi > Raid by Targossas --- Defense leader: Regi --- Defenders: Tyamat, Tydas, Keneanung, Nymaane, Regi, Asani, Krizal, Ehene, Levon, Ireth (10) --- Raiders: Mazirak, Torinn, Brean, Talamond, Halos, Baenor, Finkle, Laniara, Xaden, Antonius, Etheros, Daemo, Atalkez (13)

@Xaden Cool 50% numbers advantage. 

I hate font and (mobile) guards generally, but raids like this one you guys tried are exactly why they exist. Offensive raiders are way better combatants pound for pound than defense, in 95%+ of cases. Outnumbering the defense is like this scene. I'm always quite happy to get beaten by skill and strategy in a close fight. Community just needs to try to leave the numbers advantage tactics in Nish where they belong.

Obviously defenders shouldn't try to omit people from joining, so it's on the raiding team to balance things if you want good, fun, competitive PK - sometimes it doesn't work out, you just don't end up having enough, that's OK when you're on offense, happens to me all the time. Generally everyone is pretty good about this though, including (or even especially) you guys... but yeah. I don't know if you were counting QWC Hashan as active defenders or something, but this one was silly and a heavy-handed attempt at easy victory.
  • edited February 2017
    I doubt it was intended as an attempt at an easy victory, but Targ has had tons of people lately, so needs to work on not letting everyone on CWHO join every offensive raid tbh.

(Or raid Eleusis cause their group is always bigger than ours)
  • @Regi, you know I like you, and you know I respect you. But don't try act the bollocks here. We came in with 6 people and got sanction against 9/10.

You switched on the font and moved guards and in response I portaled in every Targ available.

Let's call a spade a spade here.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Would love to argue that with you @Xaden but really not worth the effort
  • @Xaden No. I didn't want to move guards, I hate doing it (well aware I don't speak for all of Hashan there), and I only caved after your group got up to the full 13. Not once in that raid did we have more people than the attackers, certainly not in the fight that got you guys sanction (after a few radiance-kills, by the by). It's a point of pride that I am careful about trying to balance and not abusing cheesy bullshit. I obviously don't consider any defense involving guards or even EMPOWER FONT WEAKEN a real victory, and I really only want them to be there to discourage raid attempts that are too heavy-handed, which was exactly what we did, because you outnumbered the defense by a significant margin.

Anyway it's really not that big of a deal to me, just one raid, but I really don't appreciate having those choices called out by little comments. I'm a big advocate for good, close, competitive PK, and all my decisions when leading are about encouraging that, not about Hashan "winning". Because it's a game.

@Farrah Yeah, Targ and Mhaldor have both had really g1reat numbers lately I've noticed. It's awesome to see honestly, though my own numbers are at a low point over the past year and a bit that I've been playing, so it's bittersweet.
  • Tyamat said:
    Would love to argue that with you @Xaden but really not worth the effort
    That's alright sweetheart. We can wait til I figure out who you are.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Tyamat said:
    Would love to argue that with you @Xaden but really not worth the effort
    That's alright sweetheart. We can wait til I figure out who you are.
    Thanks for the love doll. I know it's hard for you to admit your feelings so I'll forgive you.
  • edited February 2017
    TIL If someone tries to tumble away in the direction of a door...

Just shut the door in their face.  Then proceed to maim em for it.

@Ysela

• Attested my marque, learned some seafaring, received a hands-on course, borrowed a wind cutter for a small trip and didn't sink a single time. Thanks to @Artanis @Colgano and @Aethele for their patience with Achaea's most confused sailor. 
  • Coamenel said:
    Attested my marque, learned some seafaring, received a hands-on course, borrowed a wind cutter for a small trip and didn't sink a single time. Thanks to @Artanis @Colgano and @Aethele for their patience with Achaea's most confused sailor. 
    Happy to help. Plus teaching keeps me on my toes. Heh.  B)
  • finally, I'd achieved the greater dragon status... I can go to sleep now. ZZZzzzzzzz

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • This convo got quite interesting ^^

I do love our community. Keeps me interested <3
  • Sunk a pirate. Found a bad reflex that was messing with my aiming. Planned things for the formal. 
  • Aodfionn said:

You slash into a mountain grizzly with a sooty, steel scimitar.

You swing a sooty, steel scimitar at a mountain grizzly with all your might.

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!

You have slain a mountain grizzly, retrieving the corpse.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 80.

You have reached the illustrious level of Logosian.

Goddamn finally.
    now YOU don't have to eat and sleep anymore.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Dochitha said:
    So I was teaching Mindshell, his 4th class, bard.

You strike a dashing pose and begin to move your rapier with amazing facility, saying, 
    "Swashbuckling is all in the fundamentals: speed, variety, style!"

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You strike up a march, inserting strong discordant undertones aimed at the mounts nearby.

My screen froze for a bit, then I scrolled up...wth

A formidable sea-spray albatross rolls its eyes up in its head, froth flecking its mouth.
    A flurry of sea-tinged plumage carries a formidable albatross to the east.
    A formidable sea-spray albatross rolls its eyes up in its head, froth flecking its mouth.
    A monstrous hermit crab rolls its eyes up in its head, froth flecking its mouth.
    Lifting his shell up high, a monstrous hermit crab scuttles quickly to the east.
    A monstrous hermit crab rolls its eyes up in its head, froth flecking its mouth.
    Lifting his shell up high, a monstrous hermit crab scuttles quickly to the east.

You feel overwhelmed by it all and faint.
    You say in an all-consuming, frosty voice, "DUDE."
    You say in an all-consuming, frosty voice, "Your mounts."
    7737h, 5621m, 100% cexkb- V - 14:36:26.95 [0] E 
    You say in an all-consuming, frosty voice, "MAD."

Forestwalker Mindshell Azon says, "Huh."
    Forestwalker Mindshell Azon says, "You scared them off."
    Forestwalker Mindshell Azon says, "Whhyyyyy!"

You say in an all-consuming, frosty voice, "I just sang March."

You say in an all-consuming, frosty voice, "The hell you go so many pets."
    Forestwalker Mindshell Azon says, "They're mounts!"

You see Forestwalker Mindshell Azon yell, "Dochitha! What have you done!"

(Shield): Kandra says, "Dochitha... what have you done."

(Cyrene): Liliana says, "I swear, someone has scared around fifty beasts, and they are running 
    around and through the news like a hungry pack of dragons was after them."
    (Cyrene): Janna says, "Maybe there is a dragon after them."

(The Midnight Crew): Skye says, "Forestwalker Mindshell Azon yells, "Dochitha! What have you done!""
    (The Midnight Crew): You say, "Damn Mindshell has 50+ crab, I sang March, the crabs run around 
    Cyrene now!"
    (The Midnight Crew): You say, "I just sing march and wtf,,my screen froze for a bit, then I scrolled 
    up..."
    (The Midnight Crew): Skye says, "Lmao."
    (The Midnight Crew): Kiet says, "Rofl doch."

(Cyrene): Liliana says, "Please try and fix it. Total madhouse, but I can fly above it. Not everyone 
    can."

Mindshell raises a platinum whistle to his lips and blows a stream of air through the narrow end. 
    Three resonant notes linger briefly on the air before dispersing in all directions.
    <cut out the spam>

(Cyrene): You say, "Fixed. No more cure crabs.."

<3 ROFL moment.

This is so funny, I recalled it today, still laughed off my chair. Gotta quote again, please.
  • Aodfionn said:

You slash into a mountain grizzly with a sooty, steel scimitar.

You swing a sooty, steel scimitar at a mountain grizzly with all your might.

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!

You have slain a mountain grizzly, retrieving the corpse.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 80.

You have reached the illustrious level of Logosian.

Goddamn finally.
    For the umpteenth time? :D
  • Aziik said:
    Raided by Mhaldor, wasn't that good of a showing on our part. I managed to snag two kills but in the end it showed me I have a lot to work on individually and that Aerek leaving left a spot in defense leadership that has to be filled, not that I am the one to do it but I'll certainly try.

Never realized how chaotic group combat was in a raid with so many people, I didn't know what was happening most of the time was just monitoring my own health and the target calls. It'll be fun to work and train to become better suited for such situations.

I had fun, in the end though. Opening up some development for Aziik and a goal for myself as a player.
    I learned I have a lot to gag and to finish setting up my offensive stuff. Sucks that SVOF and a lot of my keybinds keep wandering off randomly.
  • Melodie said:
    Minifie said:
    I learned I have a lot to gag and to finish setting up my offensive stuff. Sucks that SVOF and a lot of my keybinds keep wandering off randomly.
    You might want to look into AB TUNNELVISION! It might not be perfect but it's a great stopgap, and a lot of people find it fits their needs.

As for what happened to me today, after eleven years of playing Achaea...

Adventurer Kills           Your Deaths                 
       Slain    : 841          To Adventurers : 841      

I finally, finally hit 1:1 in kill/death ratio. While it really doesn't matter essential in the big scheme of things, it's been a long time personal goal of growth and improvement in general combat, and I'm stoked I'm finally there, especially with eight of those eleven years were spent barely fighting in Cyrene.

Next goal: 1000 kills!
    I thought you were making a joke about me tunnelvisioning only to find the skill exists, the gift that keeps on giving :D.
  • Aziik said:
    Raided by Mhaldor, wasn't that good of a showing on our part. I managed to snag two kills but in the end it showed me I have a lot to work on individually and that Aerek leaving left a spot in defense leadership that has to be filled, not that I am the one to do it but I'll certainly try.

Never realized how chaotic group combat was in a raid with so many people, I didn't know what was happening most of the time was just monitoring my own health and the target calls. It'll be fun to work and train to become better suited for such situations.

I had fun, in the end though. Opening up some development for Aziik and a goal for myself as a player.
    I only do group combat and each time I find a few more things to gag. Eventually I'll be able to see my battlefury perceive lines... eventually...
  • One tip I have is to highlight or even replace your "important lines" with big, big highlights. Make the colours of the text and its background unique.

For example, my dragoncurse line I've replaced with a three-line-high echo, with the background changing colour depending on what affliction was used: blue is impatience, green is asthma, red is paralysis, etc.

The idea is even if text whizzes past you, you react to the colour combination that you see rather than the actual text. I think some players even use bytes of sound, and then react according to what kind of buzz or ding they hear.
     <3 
  • Yeah. I've color coded my perceives to go from Blue for 0 stacks of fractures through Green, Yellow, and into Red for 6+ stacks as well as color coding for each of the different parry spots (ie RED -> Right; Teal -> Torso) but it's still a challenge. I have been stubborn about trying to make Nexus work for me and not switch to Mudlet though.
  • Ditto here. Bone tired and bleary-eyed I can still pump out north of 14,000 keystrokes per hour with 100% accuracy, provided the test allows you to backspace to correct errors.

• Trey said:
    Ditto here. Bone tired and bleary-eyed I can still pump out north of 14,000 keystrokes per hour with 100% accuracy, provided the test allows you to backspace to correct errors.

Test for me was words per minute. They said I need to get at least above 50 words per minute. I got 90 words per minute with 91% accuracy ^^