What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Atalkez said:

Portend claps of thunder snarl across the firmament as the Skylord intones, "To see one of Mine go
    to the West despite all they have learned is no greater evidence of the folly mortals possess. Enjoy
    yourself, Wretch, for I ensure to see the Bastion enjoy ripping away the life you no longer care to
    claim as your own."

A deafening thunderclap explodes in your eardrums moments before an Azatlani atlatl streaks through
    the room and pierces your heart, killing you instantly.
    You have been slain by the Skylord.

That atlatl tho

Isn't portend a verb? Is that Vastar's usual shout intro?
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Atalkez said:

Portend claps of thunder snarl across the firmament as the Skylord intones, "To see one of Mine go
    to the West despite all they have learned is no greater evidence of the folly mortals possess. Enjoy
    yourself, Wretch, for I ensure to see the Bastion enjoy ripping away the life you no longer care to
    claim as your own."

A deafening thunderclap explodes in your eardrums moments before an Azatlani atlatl streaks through

That atlatl tho

It is a verb, should probably be replaced with portent. And yeah, that is His usual shout.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Unless it's not real thunder - it's just portend.
  • Skirmished with a couple people in Moghedu, with Eleison, and then they brought like seven and we had to stop :(
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Logged in and forgot what I was supposed to do :<
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• EldEld
    edited September 2014
    Kayeil said:
    Atalkez said:

claim as your own."

That atlatl tho

It is a verb, should probably be replaced with portent. And yeah, that is His usual shout.
    Portent is a noun, not an adjective, so that wouldn't work, either. Portentous would work, though it's uncommon enough (in my experience) that I had to check whether it was actually a word. I would probably go with ominous, but that might not be obscure enough for Achaean god-shout standards.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Almost submitted a post detailing every strategy Runies have and the counters for all of them. Getting tired of people telling me it's not that bad or it's fine or whatever who don't actually know what they're talking about.
    And to all the people who say change class or buy arties,
    A: I can't afford either and
    B: Kenway would never be anything but a knight.

This should go in a rants thread but we don't have one anymore and it's also what I did today so fuck it.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Meletus told me to pour one out for the homies
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Kenway said:
    Almost submitted a post detailing every strategy Runies have and the counters for all of them. Getting tired of people telling me it's not that bad or it's fine or whatever who don't actually know what they're talking about.

This should go in a rants thread but we don't have one anymore and it's also what I did today so fuck it.
    There's peace in remembering that knight changes are on the way and that the entire class is getting reworked.

------
    As for me. I finally started treating Achaea like Call of duty (Or destiny because it's better)

And achaea is instantly more fun (also because Serpents come equipped with sniper rifles.)

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Hunted a bit, removed Jacen's head after finding his corpse laying around in Eleusis(Go Briar Knight!), thought about a gilded pike, remembered my Elite dished credits a few days ago, got the pike, and used @Jacen as the first. Literally in a short time, Mhaldorians attack and Jacenhead has four new friends(d'awww) totemed on him.

• I died a lot and lost at least 20%. Funfun tho.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• 5048h(100%), 4791m(97%), 22766e, 20180w  | cbkex v | (19:38:34.767) | 74% | 0/9|0/0|0/0|10 | 
    If you quit your class as a full member, you will lose all class skills and receive about half of 
    the lessons back. If you wish to go ahead with quitting your class and losing half of the lessons 
    you spent in those skills, then enter AGREE.
    5048h(100%), 4791m(97%), 22776e, 20180w  | cbkex v | (19:38:36.727) | 74% | 0/9|0/0|0/0|10 | 
    You have gained 2573 lessons (about half of what you had spent in class skills) as a result of 
    quitting your class.
    You leave your class, ready to take a new path in life.

this is probably the most painful thing I've done. :(
  • Holy carp, @Lilian. Can I ask why?

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I haven't been having fun with combat, or achaea at all really lately. That's the tl;dr version of it. 
  • edited September 2014
    Caladbolg said:
    Kenway said:

There's peace in remembering that knight changes are on the way and that the entire class is getting reworked.

------
    As for me. I finally started treating Achaea like Call of duty (Or destiny because it's better)

And achaea is instantly more fun (also because Serpents come equipped with sniper rifles.)
    I hope 'rework' is going to end up being 'built upon'. The biggest, most boring thing about knights is that there was only one really effective way to do things. I'd rather have more options, including what we've got now for the people who are happy with rapiers (I'm not, going fast two-hander as soon as I'm able to), than to just switch to another boring standard.

EDIT: Failing that, WTB Musketeer class (Swashbuckling, reflavored Striking, Marksmanship)

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Halberd/Bastard all day.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Trey said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Kenway said:

------

I hope 'rework' is going to end up being 'built upon'. The biggest, most boring thing about knights is that there was only one really effective way to do things. I'd rather have more options, including what we've got now for the people who are happy with rapiers (I'm not, going fast two-hander as soon as I'm able to), than to just switch to another boring standard.

EDIT: Failing that, WTB Musketeer class (Swashbuckling, reflavored Striking, Marksmanship)

Personally I think the problem with knights is the race changes, Before you had damage knights, speed knights ect ect all went for different things.

Now we have DAMAGE SPEED knights and seems like it's just gotten worse from there.

Although I don't think Knight was the only class to have this problem.

Would be nice to see a few other classes have some different options for setup as well, and one of the main reasons I loved bm, (so many different options to here).

Also for the record dex scaling with knight speed would be pretty cool. (Not atm of course hell I was dsling at 1.575 as a runie)

• Tested Venoms, which lead to a visit from an old comrade. While the meeting was brief, and to the point, it honestly made my night. The following back and forth brought a smile to my lips. Thank you gentlemen, you know who you are. 
  • Kayeil said:
    Atalkez said:

claim as your own."

That atlatl tho

Too many sit-ups, not enough grammar lessons.  Tut tut @Vastar.
  • Slowly getting back into being... Productive? (Image below at least resulted in a newer player getting from 43-55)
    G Earned was nearly 40k before I gave him part of it.

• ... Not gonna lie, I kind of want that tracker you have.
    meh

• A tonic of vitality went to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of 
    vitality went to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of vitality went 
    to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns 
    to dust in your hands.
    You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.
    A tonic of hovering went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of 
    hovering went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of hovering went to 
    waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of vitality went to waste when a 
    cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of vitality went to waste when a cedarwood vial 
    turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of mentality went to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust 
    in your hands.A tonic of haste went to waste when a pinewood vial turned to dust in your hands.A 
    tonic of mentality went to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.A tonic of 
    mentality went to waste when a cedarwood vial turned to dust in your hands.You are dismayed as a 
    cedarwood vial turns to dust in your hands.
    You are dismayed as a cedarwood vial turns to dust in your hands.
    You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

^ COME ON?????

• The pithy little "(svo): We died." message still makes me blink disorientedly every time I see it. (I saw it a fair few times lately.)

• edited September 2014
    Trilliana said:
    ... Not gonna lie, I kind of want that tracker you have.
    s'only 30 credits for the whole GUI! *waggle*

edit: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/198896/#Comment_198896 If you've not seen it >_>

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Went sailing earlier today, did a bit of paperwork, wrote a few posts, started preparations for a new activity in Mhaldor, and submitted a few cooking designs.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    Sat in the orchard shaking my coconuts.
  • @Madelyne you have a lovely bunch of coconuts.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    Considering what they cost? I should hope so!
    Hanley said:
    @Madelyne you have a lovely bunch of coconuts.