Video Games

Comments

• Erasariel said:
    Nim said:

100% Orange Juice

I kinda want it but I kinda don't but it's adorable but I already ran out of funds buying Endless Space ughhh

It's adorable and surprisingly it can be very, very fun if you play with friends, in spite of its simplistic gameplay.

• DA: Awakening - not as good as the first chapter, but very enjoyable indeed. 

Steam is a bitch. Mr. PAX does not upgrade his OS on purpose, so he can claim that the game will not run on his mac. He is like " I am so happy that I cannot buy this game…" Very funny. I mean, I dare anyone to beat Angband on the first run. He should rehab.

Light prevails, always
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

TERRARIA! A nice thing to play when 7 Days to Die has buggy servers that don't allow you to connect.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Jurixe said:
    This steam sale is making my bank account cry. I already have Democracy 3, Papers Please, Payday 2, Dragon Age Awakening, and waiting for Age of Wonders 3 D:

Give in to the Steam sale!

Bwahaha!

I've got way too many games in my Steam library. I swear one day I'll play through them all. Maybe record em on the toob or something.

• edited July 2014
    Let us all have a moment of silence over our dearly departed wallets, who we have brutally maimed and mugged for our games.

RIP in peace.

/worth

(a copy of EUIV for @Iseria, the Going East expansion for ETS2, and a bunch of some good stuff I didn't even put on my wishlist. wheee)

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Vaetra said:
    Erasariel said:

Played Warlock 1. Similar to Civ 5, with some major differences - it doesn't have happiness and mostly shows like a 4x actually. Age of Wonders is vastly different, maybe consider waiting for AoW 2 which IIRC is coming soon.

Age of Wonders 3 has been out for some time.

http://ageofwonders.com/about-age-of-wonders-iii/

wow.. this is amazing, thanks!! 

• Managed to avoid an empty wallet this Steam sale! Only grabbed Wolfenstein and the State of Decay DLC! Of course, that was mostly because I spent way to much in previous sales so there wasn't much left to buy...but still! I resisted!

• wow @Vaetra, I went ahead and ran to steam to buy AoW3... and so far is amazing.. exactly  like the game i used to play like 15 years ago, but with amazing graphics and a lot more complex, can't tank you enough! ^^

• Debated making a new thread for this, I might in a few days... But for now: CS:GO / Borderlands 2. Emphasis on CS:GO. If anyone plays hit me up. 

steamurl/id/Ditsypop

-
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • edited July 2014

HALP

Edit: Nevermind! I managed to successfully take out 3 enemy ships on the way to two different shops until I found this awesome little Engi dude who fixed my ship up real good.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    What game is that?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Faster Than Light

• @shirszae One of the best game indy game ever. It's a space rogue like. Permadeath. Kind of hard to beat. Very cool also on iPad. Previous in this thread I posted some pictures about achievements form Mr. PAX (friend of mine, very good at video gaming).

Light prevails, always
  • I had to sell my Pike Beam to afford the Engi and survive. Also replaced an ion gun with a small bomb.

I annihilated every ship I came across, it was awesome. Then I got to the final stage. And I couldn't get through the flagship's shields. And I ran out of missiles for use with my bomb.

Then I died. :( Second best high score though, IIRC.

• @jukillian It is an amazing game. My friend and I, got obsessed. I think he did 100% achievement in the end.

Light prevails, always
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2014

I just finished this game. It is probably the most enchanting little game I have played in several years. I absolutely wish it was longer than it was, or that they make sequels to it. I am entirely in love with it. <3

Edit: The video says it's for ps4/xbox, but there is also a PC version you can get on steam or the website mentioned at the end!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @melodie It is. A friend of mine works in the VG industry and localized the game in Italy. The moment he saw COL he fell in love and did not want anyone else involved in the project.

Light prevails, always
  • @melodie Anyway, as I have some knowledge in VG, google Aquaria. It is on steam at 9$. I used to play it years ago. I believe it inspired COL. Please tell me what you think.

Light prevails, always
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2014
    I'll download it tonight and give it a whirl tomorrow! Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: A glance at a tailor video on youtube definitely gives me the vibe it could very well have inspired at least some of the mechanics of COL, although it looks like it might have far more going on. Also it looks like it isn't turn-based, which is great, since I'm not a huge turn-based fan generally anyway (COL is the exception that proves the rule).

Hope the story is half as enchanting, though! We'll see.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

Steam sale makes poor people more sad than people who has money and spends it. I'll continue playing CSGO, and weep into Terraria.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Daslin said:

Steam sale makes poor people more sad than people who has money and spends it. I'll continue playing CSGO, and weep into Terraria.

PLAY TERRARIA WITH ME! @Daslin

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

@Tharvis set up a server and add me on steam dude.

• Just bought CIV5 and am downloading it - can't wait to try it out. I remember when my dad first downloaded the original CIV game (which I wish I could get my hands on). It was ridiculously hard, but so much fun.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Mount and Blade Warband. So damn fun.

• I've been following this thread for a while and tried some of the games here. So far I'm liking Terraria and Starbound both of which I found out from this thread. haha. (I suck at both)

• I BEAT THAT STUPID TRIO OF RUIN SENTINELS IN DARK SOULS 2.

YES.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    abe's oddysee HD coming out soon, so I pulled out my original

version and jesus christ this game is hard. I feel multiple aneurysms coming on but i can't stop playing

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited July 2014

AND I BEAT THE NEXT ONE.

MORE YES.

Edit: This doesn't happen often with Dark Souls 2, but I'm going to sleep well tonight! I feel like I've truly made an accomplishment.

• Totally up for a game of Brave New World with people sometime, for the record :O