Video Games

Comments

• Eiredhel said:

Did anyone get into the Archage closed beta test? I want someone to go tanking with. Same for Tera or Aion, if any of you want a pk, pvp, or arena partner just let me know. 

I'm currently on the waiting list. Didn't buy the Founder's pack. Really wanna try it out.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)

• League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited August 2014

Considering purchasing Five Nights at Freddy's... anyone have it? It looks pretty fun and scary (though it seems to also be reliant on jump-scare tactics). It's on Steam Greenlight atm so it'll eventually be added but on this site it's currently being sold at half off!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270684111

• Anyone here play Clash of Clans? I've just started about a week ago and have been playing it since. :P

• edited August 2014
    Pistol round. Team got owned. But one man rose above..

Player: Santar - Damage Given
    -------------------------
    Damage Given to "RemoteControler" - 172 in 5 hits
    Damage Given to "GuHRL" - 107 in 4 hits
    Damage Given to "Fluffsock" - 145 in 4 hits
    Damage Given to "MUSTARD ON THE BEAT" - 56 in 3 hits
    Damage Given to "Chaos" - 100 in 4 hits
    Player: Santar - Damage Taken
    -------------------------
    Damage Taken from "RemoteControler" - 42 in 2 hits

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Starbound in a nutshell

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Recently, have been toggling between Fallout: New Vegas and Hearthstone.

Also Mario Kart 8. People have weird Wii Miis.

Especially our house:

(white shirt)
    GOT A PROPANE KART WITH A GOOD,CLEAN BURRRRNNNN
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Anyone play Elder Scrolls online? Not sure if it's any good.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    And is anyone else playing Destiny on PS4? Trying to get some names added later.

• I got Destiny for the Xbone yesterday. Utterly bored by it though.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Sarapis said:
    I got Destiny for the Xbone yesterday. Utterly bored by it though.
    I can probably see why. 

Amanu said:
    And is anyone else playing Destiny on PS4? Trying to get some names added later.
    Datyriam

• Amanu said:
    Played it for the first month. It has some potential and there were several things I enjoyed, but most of the reviews out there felt the same for the negative aspects as I did.

They have had several patches though and I have thought about trying it again. Not sure what has been improved.
  • edited September 2014
    Amanu said:
    Most awaited mmo for ps4 for me personally. I bought it but my laptop could not quite push it as good as I had hoped. If you have played other mmorpg's than you already know what time it is, but with a more realistic art style i.e. the only reason I like it that much. What it does I thought it did well and I am definitely looking out for more.
    Highly debating buying diablo 3 for the ps4. I'd only be buying it for local coop, the debate being finding the time to play it. I already have a mountain of console games resting beneath thin sheets of dust.
  • Amanu said:
    ChetheFey

I'm adding you when I get home, @Tharvis‌, whether you like it or not. My Friends List is so empty and...friendless...

• Has anyone played The Book of Unwritten Tales 1? It's on sale on Steam right now for less than $4 and so far, it looks pretty good. I'll probably buy it anyways but I thought I should ask around in case any of you have played it before.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I have, but I haven't finished it because I have the attention span of a goldfish. It was pretty okay, no Monkey Island but mildly entertaining.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• GaiaGaia The Garden of the Gods
    Destiny, anyone?  <3

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • My PS3 just toasted on me. I get sound, but no video, and it isn't the HDMI cable because we tried replacing that. So now hubby and I face a decision: get another PS3 so that we can play the games we already have (which we're leaning toward) or invest in a PS4 and maybe pick up a game or two. I have no idea if repair is an option, as it's an old PS3.

Anyone got any opinions on the PS4 and if it's worth giving up the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age games, among others, for? 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

@Jhaeli for the moment there's not that many PS4 exclusives just yet, so I'd suggest giving a good look at the ones currently available and those planned for release. If there's less than two, three, don't bother with the PS4 just yet.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Jacen said:
    Jhaeli said:
    My PS3 just toasted on me. I get sound, but no video, and it isn't the HDMI cable because we tried replacing that. So now hubby and I face a decision: get another PS3 so that we can play the games we already have (which we're leaning toward) or invest in a PS4 and maybe pick up a game or two. I have no idea if repair is an option, as it's an old PS3.

Anyone got any opinions on the PS4 and if it's worth giving up the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age games, among others, for? 
    Nothing is worth giving up the Mass Effect Trilogy for.

• Almost forgot how crazy fun Pac Man Championship Edition is.
  • Metro 2033 is actually very good! Especially for its time, the graphics are amazing. It has the best atmosphere in any game I've played, so far. Anyone know of any games with a great story/quite immersive/intense atmosphere? Recently been playing RDR, Metro, Fallout, Skyrim.

Big fan of Halo Reach too. Gamertag is Mr Barrettt is anyone wants to fite me irl on Halo: Reach or Top Spin 4 @Mishgul
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    will rek u

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Jovolo said:
    Metro 2033 is actually very good! Especially for its time, the graphics are amazing. It has the best atmosphere in any game I've played, so far. Anyone know of any games with a great story/quite immersive/intense atmosphere? Recently been playing RDR, Metro, Fallout, Skyrim.

Big fan of Halo Reach too. Gamertag is Mr Barrettt is anyone wants to fite me irl on Halo: Reach or Top Spin 4 @Mishgul
    I'm quite fond of Dishonored. I'm doing a few separate playthroughs in different styles to challenge myself.

• Jovolo said:
    Metro 2033 is actually very good! Especially for its time, the graphics are amazing. It has the best atmosphere in any game I've played, so far. Anyone know of any games with a great story/quite immersive/intense atmosphere? Recently been playing RDR, Metro, Fallout, Skyrim.

Well, have you played Metro: Last Light yet?
    I just started Destiny. Gameplay is so far fairly standard for a shooter, but the design is exquisitely beautiful and I recommend it if you like stylishly melancholy space-opera atmosphere (or headshots).