Video Games

Comments

• Anyone playing Total War: Attila? 

I just started on Total War games, but so far this looks amazing

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Goggo said:
    Anyone playing Total War: Attila? 

I just started on Total War games, but so far this looks amazing
    I really enjoyed Empire: Total War and Napoleon: Total War, but I never tried multiplayer.
  • Destiny on 360

Tag: Uncle Sam 1075

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Does Atilla offer something that R:TW2 didn't?

• So... This is amazing and I'm on the e-mail list for the beta XD

http://father.io/

"Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• Santar said:
    Does Atilla offer something that R:TW2 didn't?
    well other than the Multiplayer in the Campaign mode, they brought back the families from Medieval and the graphics are a lot better than Rome2, I heard naval battles are a lot better ( i got rome 2 one week before the launch of attila so I can't really tell) but I think is amazing

• I got Xbox 360 Totherchart45 

Keep in mind that if it's between 330 pm and 8 pm est, my son is probably playing. 

• Cites: Skyline is pretty awesome.

I'm at 32k population now and having a trafficopalypse.

• Darkest dungeon is actually a lot of fun.  Is like demons soul just turned based fighting. 

gdi tie bombers are just like piloting a wet sponge and dont get me started on tie advanced
  • Herenicus said:

gdi tie bombers are just like piloting a wet sponge and dont get me started on tie advanced
    A-wing for life, because who needs armor when you just NYOOOOM all over the place?

If I have to jink one more concussion missile on this mission, I swear.
  • Kitiara said:
    Darkest dungeon is actually a lot of fun.  Is like demons soul just turned based fighting. 
    Darkest Dungeon was done by a team co-founded by Chris Bourassa, who did much of our racial art!
  • @herenicus one of my favourite game ever!
    Light prevails, always
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Bought Story of Seasons (basically Harvest Moon) and absolutely loving it. There's a few little quirks, but by far one of my favorite in the series. Putting 5+ hours into a handheld a day again is weird.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TELL ME A COMPARISON OF STORY OF THE SEASONS ANS HARVEST MOON. MOST IMPORTANTLY. WHICH HARVEST MOON? ELLIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    edited April 2015
    Okay um um.

So the basic story is that after the last Harvest Moon (A New Beginning for 3DS), something happened where Natsume (who owns the actual name Harvest Moon in everywhere except Japan, where the series is known as the Bokujou Monogatari) decided they wanted to do things a bit differently (the newest Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley from a few months ago is much more akin to minecraft... and more or less flopped. I didn't even bother buying the game.) Story of Seasons has the majority of the actual team who works on the content from Harvest Moon (XSeed) to localize this version for the US.

Edit! This is more informative. Taken from Ushi No Tane's website:

Is This a "Harvest Moon" Game?

Yes and no. Back in 1996, a company named Victor Interactive Software (VIS) published a farming simulation game called Bokujou Monogatari. The company then teamed up with a North American video game publisher, Natsume Inc., to release the game in English. Natsume localized the game in 1997 as Harvest Moon.

Since that time, the Bokumono game would be released in Japan, localized by Natsume, and then released in North America as Harvest Moon. During this time, the original VIS merged with another company, Marvelous Interactive, who then merged with another company to become Marvelous Entertainment, then Marvelous AQL, and is currently known as simply Marvelous. Through the multitude of company mergers, Marvelous eventually acquired a company named XSeed Games, which it began to use to localize Marvelous' Japan-published games.

When its latest Bokumono game was published, Marvelous opted to use its existing localization subsidiary to manage the English release of its game instead of working with its long-term partner, Natsume Inc. Because the title Harvest Moon was created by, marketed, and owned by Natsume, Marvelous could not simply name their game "Harvest Moon" as it had been the case in the past. The company selected "Story of Seasons" as the title for its now self-published series. This allows Natsume to continue to use its "Harvest Moon" property to create a parallel series, which it did with Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley.

Now we have two farming lifestyle games: the older Bokujou Monogatari series now called Story of Seasons, and the newer farming series now called Harvest Moon.

So there you have it. If you want real actual Harvest Moon deliciousness you're grown to know and love, go for Story of Seasons. If you want a kind of strange, quirky minecraft, go for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Kitiara said:
    So... This is amazing and I'm on the e-mail list for the beta XD

This... seems like a slew of broken phones, noses, and traffic accidents waiting to happen...
  • Multon said:
    Kitiara said:
    So... This is amazing and I'm on the e-mail list for the beta XD

This... seems like a slew of broken phones, noses, and traffic accidents waiting to happen...
    Very true, however playing at work in a vast arena of cubicles can be fun...

• YES. THANK YOU MELODIE.
  • PS4 Tag: kygoalriaz :D 

Add me
  • Anyone played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?
  • Melodie said:
    Bought Story of Seasons (basically Harvest Moon) and absolutely loving it. There's a few little quirks, but by far one of my favorite in the series. Putting 5+ hours into a handheld a day again is weird.
    Ahh, the bygone days spent playing Harvest Moon on the 64, plotting out the greenhouse to exacting specifications. Games like this (and Fire Emblem) make me want to throw money at Nintendo.

Also did anyone else go for the Librarian in Harvest Moon (64) and end up never getting mail again afterward? Vindictive mailman... 
  • Inuad said:
    Melodie said:
    Ahh, the bygone days spent playing Harvest Moon on the 64, plotting out the greenhouse to exacting specifications. Games like this (and Fire Emblem) make me want to throw money at Nintendo.

Also did anyone else go for the Librarian in Harvest Moon (64) and end up never getting mail again afterward? Vindictive mailman... 
    Super Nintendo or bust.

• Trey said:
    Inuad said:
    Melodie said:

Super Nintendo or bust.
    As an adult I went back and played the Super Nintendo to be able to fully appreciate Chorno Trigger, however my early days were consumed by Zelda OOC on the N64.

Inuad said:
    Melodie said:

I THINK (this is going off old memory) I married the little redhead Ann. Which, considering I wasn't into Achaea at the time, is pretty funny to think back about now. I always still got my mail. I think. But yeah man, that was my first HM and remains a solid favorite no matter what.
  • Trey said:
    Inuad said:
    Melodie said:

Super Nintendo or bust.
    Wii + Wii Store + GC Controller. I guess you could use the "classic" controller, too.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Jovolo said:
    Anyone played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?
    I have it. Haven't got the time to play yet tho
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Anyone here play FFXIX on PS4?

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I'm necro'ing this thread because I don't want to make a new one, but Don't Starve Together (yeah, yeah, I'm late to the party) has been taking up a lot of my time lately. I keep dying but I love it - it's like Terraria meets Minecraft meets some horror element.

Anyone else play (around azn timezones, or at all) or any interest in making a dedicated server? (I have no idea what that would entail, I tried to read the forum posts but found them to be gibberish.) Or feel free to complain about how annoying summer is without the proper protections (that's been me lately).
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs