Video Games

Comments

• Get an xbox controller for your PC. You get to play it like it's a console and get to enjoy the far superior graphics of a PC. (specifically in the case for Dark Souls 2. I regret buying it early on xbox 360 because the graphics are horrid)
  • Getting the 360 controller for Windows would be the obvious choice, but MS has said the driver to allow players to use Xbox One controllers on Windows will be available sometime this year. There is already an unofficial implementation.

I prefer the look of the X1 controller, so I'll probably get that even if it is $20 more.
  • Depends on how long you're willing to wait, I suppose.
  • edited April 2014
    Primrose said:
    Dark Souls 2 is a horrid experience with a keyboard and mouse. I fear I must purchase a PC controller to truly enjoy it.

Perhaps I should pick up an X1 controller instead of a 360 controller and wait for the drivers.
    One of my BFFs is using a KB+M because he's never played a console before. It's playable but it's not as good of an experience as an xbox controller.

Also, yeah, controls should never be a good reason to not get a PC game. Just buy a wired xbox360 controller. Works like a dream. You literally just stick in your USB port and then play the game same as you would a console. No setup required for the vast majority.

• Unless you don't want to fork out more money for yet another controller but wired, so instead decide to just get a wireless receiver for your wireless controllers.

Then you need to install drivers. And part of installing drivers is finding drivers...
  • I picked up an X1 controller and followed YouTube guides on getting it to work for Dark Souls 2. Such a huge difference from KB+M, with much less deaths from misadventure. Still, it's a shame wireless doesn't work yet. Hopefully, the official MS drivers will allow that to work.
  • I got the weekly humble bundle... and was playing VVVVVV... and then this...

... obviously, my first thought is: Challenge accepted.

Then I tried it, and ... let's just say, I am generally horrible at precision... I found a youtube video that does the run, just so you can witness the hell that is the trek...

But in the end.... I managed to succeed.

When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • @Datrius you are superior. BTW, is Titanfall so addictive?
    Light prevails, always
  • Only if you find call of duty addictive. I'm a huge SnK fan even, but I played titan fall for an hour and got bored. Just feels like a bigger CoD to me. Each to their own though
  • edited April 2014
    I haven't been a big Call of Duty fan except for the original Modern Warfare, because the matches are far too slow paced. I am however a big fan of mech based games, since I grew up with things like Gundam Wing, Zoids, Armored Core. Combine having that that with how fast and heavy the action is, bullets always flying, people running up walls, flying through the air, jumping on the back of a titan to try and blow it up, and you make a game I could play all day.

To be fair though, I also play a ton of Rpg's (Reworking my way through the original Fallout right now, as well as Legend of Dragoon), sports games, racing games, fighting games, and just anything that stays interesting.
  • @Daklore‌ doesn't look too bad. Try playing iwbtg and then go back to that, it will feel easy.

• Cooper said:
    @Daklore‌ doesn't look too bad. Try playing iwbtg and then go back to that, it will feel easy.
    That game.... ugh. It's a useful tool to determine if you're a masochist or not.

• I enjoyed IWBTG :(
  • Iwbtg is good

• The day I beat iwbtg was the best day of my life.

• I enjoyed IWBTG :(
    Found the masochist.

• EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    lost dmg due to first a blind teammate who didn't see a non-ninja defuser he was looking directly at with an awp while all of us were saying to just shoot him (it forced us to eco the next), and just now, a guy who abandoned because he had above 50 ping.  70.

And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • edited May 2014

http://tagpro.koalabeast.com/

Tag Pro. Amazing game. Free. No download. Can get started playing in less than a minute(60 second tutorial in the link). Skype me if you wanna play with me.

• Shibumi said:
    @Datrius you are superior. BTW, is Titanfall so addictive?

I have two console games I'm playing right now - Titanfall and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (an FPS). I end up playing the latter a lot more though. Frankly, it's just more fun, and the character classes are way more interesting than in Titanfall.

• That sounds like the kind of game name that I'd make up to prank call wal-mart with when I was 10.

• I know, sounds ridiculous, but it's gorgeous, very well-designed, and a total blast. Doesn't feel like CoD or some derivative thereof.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

oh god, plants versus zombies. Now that's pure nostalgia

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Plays absolutely nothing like the PvZ you've played in the past (as is probably obvious from the above) as it's a shooter. So much fun. The chomper plant can burrow underground and popup to eat you, the peashooter can 'root' in the ground and turn into a gatling gun, the scientist zombie can warp around, the football zombie can punt an explosive imp at you, etc etc. Great game.
  • POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAAAAKE.

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Been playing battlefield in lieu of achaea lately.

• Found this weird game called Achaea. It's kind of cool.

• SharaShara Midlands

Sharing my time between Wildstar Beta weekends and Achaea. I have a stack of console games I fear will never be completed now.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Just installed War of the Vikings and about to try it out.