Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Memorable quotes

Comments

• XiasXias Posts: 253Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I never got a chance to do Iron Forge since I was Horde but I didn't find some other neat things in Org such as the hidden candle vigil room built inside one of the stone spires (still possible to visit by manipulating a mammoth and flying under the city).

Clipping through Stratholme on live servers to see the backside was pretty fun too. Gotta love warlock gates!
    Trilliana
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 994Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jarrod said:
    Item that you're supposed to delete before using /unstuck so you can teleport forward 5 yards and bypass invisible walls.
    The other thing I forgot: being faced in an awkward direction while stucking, and having unstuck teleport you out... But get stuck behind something else instead. So you're now stuck there completely since it had a cooldown before you could use it again.

Good times.

Xias
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 3,065Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    (person) says in a raspy and harsh voice, "No I am ok for now, I appreciate the help never seen acceptance of rookies like i have found here."

Good job, Achaeans, keep it up!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    AziikNyneveCailinTruax
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 620Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    A shaggy buffalo stands still for a second while a big, smelly load of faeces comes out of his back side.

Did this buffalo really just take a shit? Haha, never seen that before.
    NyneveSiduriTrilliana
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 1,152Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Minifie said:
    - 2018/06/17 14:10:55 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    beats Minifie to a pulp with his club.
    - 2018/06/17 14:11:45 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:11:49 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:11:51 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:11:54 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:11:59 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:12:05 - A frenzied wendigo asserts his dominance with a powerful, echoing roar as he
    - 2018/06/17 14:12:12 - An intense chill sweeps through the realm of Death as the life of Minifie is
    claimed by a frost wraith.

Image result for stop it hes already dead

No

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • ExelethrilExelethril Posts: 3,322Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 17
    WTB 10 mayan crowns for 350 creds

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Nyneve
  • CerysCerys Posts: 25Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    WTB 10 mayan crowns for 350 creds
    I only wish they were so cheap. I had someone think I was ripping them off when I offered 45 for a Mayan Crown.
    The average is 45 now? :anguished: Stupid op urns

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• CerysCerys Posts: 25Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    The average is 45 now? :anguished: Stupid op urns
    Yeah, I've collected 8 Mayan crowns so far ( I think Jonesey still has a few) but I need more and I have to keep raising my offer price. I'm hoping for a Mayan Crown sale soon!
    Exelethril
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Don't buy from Jones or trust his prices! 
    Exelethril
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 994Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited June 18
    Anywhere from ~30-50 is definitely the standard price when they're not in high demand. When new (actually good) items are released, you can generally expect them to go higher. You're defintiely getting lowballed if someone offers less than that. They're not widely-available like other games' alternate currency is (coins/tokens/etc)

Exelethril
    I figured as well, probably the point - we're more interested in what we don't have

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• TreyTrey Posts: 4,687Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mayan Crowns, just like anything else, have a subjective worth - they're worth exactly as much as anyone is willing to pay for them at the time. Personally, I don't buy higher than 20-25 and when I sell it's at a hefty profit since I prefer hoarding them hoping that the next batch of stuff will be awesome.

Caelan
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Was yeah. 
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,771Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

A mechanic is judged and found wanting

Written by: Makarios, the Meticulous 
    Date: Monday, July 9th, 2018
    Addressed to: Everyone

We've been monitoring the last few shrine wars that have taken place and have noticed a few trends. A major one that we've just addressed is that judgement is in fact used far less than simply killing a (usually) willing ally. The original intent of corpse defiling was to permit the use of enemy corpses to drop shrines, but it hasn't really worked out that way, and instead removes most of the limitors placed on order's abilities to mass drop shrines. We considered making only corpses from the target order work for this purpose, but felt it offered a too trivial way to identify what order someone was a member of.

With that in mind, using of corpses to remove the judgement step of a defilement has been removed. Judgement is now the only way for an order to drop a shrine. We'll be keeping an eye on this in the coming days to ensure that it doesn't make things too restrictive.

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Chronos, in the year 775 AF.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• RangorRangor Posts: 3,161Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:

A mechanic is judged and found wanting

Written by: Makarios, the Meticulous 
    Date: Monday, July 9th, 2018
    Addressed to: Everyone

We've been monitoring the last few shrine wars that have taken place and have noticed a few trends. A major one that we've just addressed is that judgement is in fact used far less than simply killing a (usually) willing ally. The original intent of corpse defiling was to permit the use of enemy corpses to drop shrines, but it hasn't really worked out that way, and instead removes most of the limitors placed on order's abilities to mass drop shrines. We considered making only corpses from the target order work for this purpose, but felt it offered a too trivial way to identify what order someone was a member of.

With that in mind, using of corpses to remove the judgement step of a defilement has been removed. Judgement is now the only way for an order to drop a shrine. We'll be keeping an eye on this in the coming days to ensure that it doesn't make things too restrictive.

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Chronos, in the year 775 AF.

Should probably decrease the escalating cost of using judgement as well then. :/
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 1,247Member @ - Epic Achaean
    More proof @Makarios just likes Targ more :-)

(In case it isnt clear, I am just getting ahead of the bitching)

• ElisellaElisella Posts: 122Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    With that in mind, essence costs and accumulation rate may need to be looked at, because this change is going to cripple small Orders without the benefit of a city to raise shrines and a defendable area to hold sovereign.

They were already at the disadvantage of having the entire network dusted at off-peak hours, this just makes it harder to reclaim areas once your Order's started losing. It's a negative feedback loop.
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 2,055Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 9
    I wouldn't think this would impact smaller orders more than prior mechanics, anyway. Those smaller orders get the advantage of their shrines being more difficult to destroy and the shrine limit makes it impossible for an order to replace all of an order's shrines with their own unless they dismantle their entire network. If they do for some reason do that, just move your own network too. Judgement costs won't normally adversely impact the defender.

But there's always also the reasonable option of just not maintaining a large shrine network, like Antonius said. Shrines aren't extremely important to the welfare of an order, especially a small one that won't really be crusading.
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 2,002Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What about cities with more than 1 order to dismantle networks vs single god cities (atm mhaldor/hashan V targ/ashtan (loosis kinda has 2 but I have no idea how many exist still in gaia’s order)). 

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 2,055Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 9
    Multiorder factions definitely have an advantage, but shrine wars will never really be  balanced with timezones, etc. Just raise in different areas. There are plenty out there. I think it's unlikely to be a real issue (enemies raising in your areas, that is). Most factions only really care about one or two areas.

The change makes it better than what it was.

Our entire shrine network was blasted by Ashtan and we definitely can't maintain it with our login times compared to theirs but we're still alive and happy.
    XiasTorinn
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 9
    Hey man that was all Penwize; I’m too lazy to look outside Jaru. 

I like the change. It will definitely lead to a different flavor of shrine conflict tho. 

Sign In to Comment.