Memorable quotes

Comments

• Nazihk said:
    Kayeil said:
    Credits currently available for purchase:
       <none>
    Total credits for sale: 0 shown (0 total)  (Average sale price: 10964)
    Use CREDITS BUY <number> AT <max gold per credit> to purchase.

:'( 
    This kind of thing always makes me suspect that somebody discovered an infinite gold bug, honestly.
    No, there are just a growing number of people with extremely large gold reserves.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people with more gold than some cities.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Nazihk said:
    Kayeil said:
       <none>

This kind of thing always makes me suspect that somebody discovered an infinite gold bug, honestly.
    No, there are just a growing number of people with extremely large gold reserves.

Surely not anymore? I know there are more Dragons, but with the cap in place people can't be getting up to the same level of reserves as previously?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I have zero doubt that there are several people who have more gold than at least half of Achaea's city-states.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Xaden said:
    Sarathai said:
    Nazihk said:
    Kayeil said:
       <none>

Surely not anymore? I know there are more Dragons, but with the cap in place people can't be getting up to the same level of reserves as previously?
    I promise you hunting isn't where the gold came from, well, at least how it got into the top 1%'s hands. Not that I'm trying to insult anyone, just that i guarantee they have many avenues, and are very good at making use of those avenues.
  • Also the gold cap is a relatively new addition.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Due to the high price of credits, I'm sat on a lot of gold. I refuse to pay over 10k for credits, so I wait until I see credits below the maximum level I'm willing to pay, then grab them. I haven't changed any of my habits, I don't think I've hit the gold cap more than once since it came in, but my gold in is much higher than my gold out because of the credit market.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • There was only about 150 credits up for sale when I logged off last night. I have half the gold I did 3 months ago because I've been slowly buying credits, but there just isn't enough of them being put on the market. 

• edited February 2017
    Cooper said:
    There was only about 150 credits up for sale when I logged off last night. I have half the gold I did 3 months ago because I've been slowly buying credits, but there just isn't enough of them being put on the market. 
    From memory, didn't you mention a couple of weeks back that you had something like 20 million just sitting in banks?

I don't have near that right now, but I have a couple of loans out to people.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I did, yeah. Down to 14-15 now but I have a lot in comms too.

Would love to be able to buy credits at reasonable prices. Getting them at 9-9.5k should not feel like a good thing. 

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I understand what you're saying, however...

If no-one bought credits over a certain limit, the price would not go above that limit. The reason the credit prices keep increasing is people keep buying them at the higher prices. I'm just refusing to pay over what I consider to be a reasonable price for credits, but will buy them when I see them below that limit.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Right, except that the market is driven by individuals with deep pockets for whom higher prices are not an obstacle, self-evident from prices being as high as they are. If there ever is a "limit", it's not going to be a limit that the average or even wealthy Achaean thinks is unreasonable, it's going to be what the ultra-wealthy think is unreasonable. Thus, the result is exactly what Nazihk said in few words, and what I said with more words in the last gold sink thread.

The credit market is a feature used almost exclusively by upper-class Achaeans, which makes it the equivalent of an Achaean first-world problem. Actual Newbies and low-income Achaeans aren't really affected, they just buy them from House/City, or go straight for lesson packages and Elite memberships.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Only God can save the credit market now

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Only a few really good gold auctions can save the credit market now. 
  • If the credit market is exclusive for the rich and famous of Achaea then how about selling lessons for gold? 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Is $120 a reasonable price for a steak because the people buying $120 steaks are willing to pay $120 for them? No.

#ApplesToOranges
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    As has been stated several times before, that would affect IRE's bottom line.

Also, quotes thread. Go to gold sinks with that.

/forumpolice
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Ahmet said:
    Is $120 a reasonable price for a steak because the people buying $120 steaks are willing to pay $120 for them? No.

#ApplesToOranges
    Actually a $120 steak is worth it.  YOLO
  • what, no tip?
  • Morthif said:
    what, no tip?
    Why would he tip when he did all the work?
  • Antonius said:
    Morthif said:
    what, no tip?
    Why would he tip when he did all the work?
    That was the joke
  • Morthif said:
    what, no tip?
    That seemed like just the tip.

• Achilles said:
    Life as a denizen is tough

Rafiel gives a purple ink to you.
    Rafiel gives a green ink to you.
    Rafiel gives a group of 3 yellow inks to you.
    Rafiel frowns in concentration, and a booming voice rings in your head: "Sketch jera on rafiel"
    You cannot help but obey.
    You begin sketching a jera rune on Rafiel.
    With a flourish, you finish sketching a jera rune.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.636s)
    Rafiel frowns in concentration, and a booming voice rings in your head: "Sketch algiz on rafiel"
    You begin sketching an algiz rune on Rafiel.
    With a flourish, you finish sketching an algiz rune.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (1.736s)
    Rafiel frowns in concentration, and a booming voice rings in your head: "Sketch berkana on rafiel"
    You begin sketching a berkana rune on Rafiel.
    With a flourish, you finish sketching a berkana rune.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (1.713s)
    "Thanks!" Rafiel says to you.
    Taught that kid well.
  • edited March 2017

Wait, what?

• Remilia said:

Wait, what?

Eye see what's going on there.
  • Can't fall asleep if you always have one open eye