Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Trey said:
    Asmodron said:
    I feel bad that I didnt get the last picture :(

Looks like an interesting meal though
    Oh it didn't mean anything, I was browsing Imgur and it looked so good I wanted to share it with everyone.
    So it was a Cob-out!

rock out with your cob out?

Trey cob-bled it together!
  • Minifie said:
    Trey said:
    Asmodron said:
    I feel bad that I didnt get the last picture :(

Looks like an interesting meal though
    Oh it didn't mean anything, I was browsing Imgur and it looked so good I wanted to share it with everyone.
    So it was a Cob-out!

rock out with your cob out?

Trey cob-bled it together!

• ^^ is now officially psychic. I saw there were 47 new posts in the quotes thread and just KNEW it had something to do with Jinsun and Trey.  :p

I also now picture Nicola as a WWF referee.

Where is Batista, Eye Candy Extraordinaire when you need him?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Camroth said:
    Eager to see if I could find the origins of @Trey's picture of soup, I googled "bleached asshole" and then clicked images.

Image result for bleached asshole

wtf?
    google cob loaf
  • Klendathu said:
    I do wonder if it had been someone else who posted it, and Jinsun wasn't involved, whether the torches would have been lit and the pitchforks sharpened with quite such enthusiasm...

As it was, it was a minute where people in the city united, sharing a joke. No regrets.
    Its amusing that people like some blatant OOC things, and will be irked at others, seemingly based on just the people involved.

They will probably argue the "reach" matters, though I think its just a popularity contest.
  • Minifie said:
    Camroth said:
    Eager to see if I could find the origins of @Trey's picture of soup, I googled "bleached asshole" and then clicked images.
    google cob loaf
    Well I was definitely looking on the wrong side of the internet for that.
  • Telinus said:
    Klendathu said:
    I do wonder if it had been someone else who posted it, and Jinsun wasn't involved, whether the torches would have been lit and the pitchforks sharpened with quite such enthusiasm...

As it was, it was a minute where people in the city united, sharing a joke. No regrets.
    Its amusing that people like some blatant OOC things, and will be irked at others, seemingly based on just the people involved.

They will probably argue the "reach" matters, though I think its just a popularity contest.
    What's important is how is this relevant and the audience. If I was in the middle of Stygian during a raid defense quoting slightly altered quotes from Shrek I'd find myself at the executioner's block and with good reason.

If Mhaldor is talking about sending out missionaries to spread the word of Sartan and I emote something like:

Minifie mutters incoherent noises in a slightly melodious tune, before thumping herself in the face with a wooden plaque bearing the Divine arms of Lord Sartan

Some people will easily get the reference, some won't. It's applicable to the situation and still remains an IC reaction my character would have (Mhaldorian's still enjoy some good humour too!) This vital difference is what sets it for me, because there is a definite IC action that I can completely imagine and enjoy IC while OOC having a laugh about something I know is referenced. Context is vitally important, but YMMV in this regard.
  • I once again feel bad for not getting the plaque to the face reference...
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the single most overrated overquoted movie in history.

It is not bad in and of itself, but it does have two MASSIVE problems. The first problem is that nerds who hear somebody make a joke from the movie feel this weird compulsion to basically recite the entire scene/movie on the spot, regardless of how unfunny or inappropriate it might be. The second problem is that nerds also feel the need to quote this movie ALL THE FUCKING TIME, which loops right back into the first problem.

The end result is that a decently amusing bit of humor has been completely fucking ruined by  unfunny nerds driving it into the ground.
  • Someone is bitter.
  • Daeir said:
    Nobody who plays a MUD with any regularity has any right or capacity to label anyone else a 'nerd'.
    I feel like you have only just started being on the internet recently, considering calling people a nerd in online games has been said for years, solely to get this kinda response from people.

The rest of his comments aren't exactly wrong either, though. Half of the 'funny' things in that movie have been butchered to shit by people.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Daeir said:
    Nobody who plays a MUD with any regularity has any right or capacity to label anyone else a 'nerd'.
    I feel like you have only just started being on the internet recently, considering calling people a nerd in online games has been said for years, solely to get this kinda response from people.

The rest of his comments aren't exactly wrong either, though. Half of the 'funny' things in that movie have been butchered to shit by people.
    Your quotation marks around funny pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

British humour is atrocious, generally speaking. Monthy Python, however, is the biggest pile of shite I've ever come across.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Three Stooges or gtfo
  • Wayne and Shuster all the way.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Daeir said:

Just saying. We're like, at the roof of that particular label.
    We can't all be nerds.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Xaden said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Daeir said:

Your quotation marks around funny pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

British humour is atrocious, generally speaking. Monthy Python, however, is the biggest pile of shite I've ever come across.
    Which British sitcoms do you find atrocious?
  • Daeir said:
    If he says Fawlty Towers I'm disowning him.
    It's literally the only redeeming one.

• Peep Show is hysterical.
  • Xaden said:
    Daeir said:
    Interesting opinion. You think Blackadder, The Office, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, Only Fools and Horses, The Inbetweeners, Father Ted, I'm Alan Patridge, etc. are all atrocious?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    He's Irish.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Jovolo said:
    Xaden said:
    Daeir said:
    Interesting opinion. You think Blackadder, The Office, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, Only Fools and Horses, The Inbetweeners, Father Ted, I'm Alan Patridge, etc. are all atrocious?
    I couldn't stand The Office, and I wouldn't go out of my way to watch Only Fools and Horses, but the others are all very good shows.
  • Jovolo said:
    Xaden said:
    Daeir said:
    triggered
  • I'm just curious what drives someone to be so objectively wrong.
  • Blackadder is tripe, peep show is worse again. Only fools and horses has a handful of redeeming scenes. The office is cringy as fuck and I have no time for it. The Inbetweeners? Sorry no, I'm not 12 years of age anymore.

I forgot about the IT crowd, I actually quote like that show. Main character's an Irish man though ;)

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Blackadder is tripe, peep show is worse again. Only fools and horses has a handful of redeeming scenes. The office is cringy as fuck and I have no time for it. The Inbetweeners? Sorry no, I'm not 12 years of age anymore.

I forgot about the IT crowd, I actually quote like that show. Main character's an Irish man though ;)
    Klendathu said:
    He's Irish.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Blackadder and Monty Python are the bastion of British comedy. Clever writing, and wit, humour and acting (Well, Blackadder at least). The worlds comedy wouldn't be what it is today without those. That said, I can't stand Inbetweeners, the office, the IT Crowd (and I work in IT) and Mrs Browns Boys; all terrible.

As with all things it's down to personal taste, but I would happyily watch a montage of Blackadder insults on a loop and never get bored. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Blackadder and Monty Python are the bastion of British comedy. Clever writing, and wit, humour and acting (Well, Blackadder at least). The worlds comedy wouldn't be what it is today without those. That said, I can't stand Inbetweeners, the office, the IT Crowd (and I work in IT) and Mrs Browns Boys; all terrible.

As with all things it's down to personal taste, but I would happyily watch a montage of Blackadder insults on a loop and never get bored. 
    Just cos you mentioned them, and to combat Klen's point. Mrs Brown's boys is an Irish thing, and it is a fucking disgrace. Brendan Grace can go and shite.

• I love British comedy though my favorite two will always be Keeping up Appearances, and Are you being Served.