Memorable quotes

Comments

• Whilst talking about @Rangor  

Xenomorph tells you, "Why does he even play our game anyways. Not like I log onto shitass D&D Norway
    and kick it with foo's."
  • D&D Norway is called VIKING MUD.
  • You shouldn't know why that is frightening.

Hey, Daeir, your alt is showing. D:
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Lys has formally declared you an enemy of the Divine Order of Lorielan, the Enlightened.

That was pretty random.

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I'm assuming it's in case they have to worldburn during a raid.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Kresslack said:
    Lys has formally declared you an enemy of the Divine Order of Lorielan, the Enlightened.

That was pretty random.
    Yeah. Same thing, here. Was there a leadership change, maybe?
  • Lorielan's Order became considerably more relevant by virtue of her being the only God Shallam has left alive, so I imagine they're pre-emptive enemyings for worldburn and because at some point you guys are going to defile anyway.
  • Mannimar said:
    am I the only one who finds it ironic that the Goddess of Knowledge is a god of the book burning city?
    Some knowledge is too dangerous, I think it's somewhere in the philosophy

• Mannimar said:
    am I the only one who finds it ironic that the Goddess of Knowledge is a god of the book burning city?

Not really. One could even say that Shallam and Ashtan were two opposite sides of the same coin - Ashtan willing to preserve all knowledge, even though some knowledge(Occultism) is inherently dangerous to the world at large, and Shallam opting to only preserve knowledge that is safe, willing to go to extreme lengths(Burning Times) to do so.

In short, Shallam is the MIB. We should totally have a Warehouse 13-esque museum of 'DO NOT TOUCH, YOU FOOL' occultic curios retrieved over the years of purging the occultic arts.

• When we were discussing possible Patrons for the Lotus, I threw Lorielan's name out there, just by sifting thru HELP GODS and their open help files. When I got "wtf no, she's a Shallamese goddess" I was like wtf???
  • You mean like Marvin the Martian?  Gonna need a pretty cool exhibit to replace that one... 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I'm not really sure where to put this because I don't have the actual quote on hand, but basically, @Xenomorph asked me if I was going to continue 'bandwagoning' to cities. Not really sure what he meant, but he said that he gives me 3 more years in Shallam before I quit for another city (not really sure where he got that idea).

Then, last night I had a dream that I got pissed off at Shallam, quit, and rejoined Mhaldor and woke up thinking 'omg I have to log in, I made a huge mistake'.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Daeir said:
    CHARACTERS list
    I didn't even know this existed. Also, I'm surprised to see that I've only bought credits on two characters. I didn't even buy a few to make my previous main character permanent.
  • edited November 2012
    TIL there's a CHARACTER list.

I gotta head back and see how many of mine still are around.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    CHARACTERS also tells you when you registered. Wow. Four and a half years! Flies by.
  • edited November 2012
    Lothien said:
    CHARACTERS also tells you when you registered. Wow. Four and a half years! Flies by.
    It tells you when you last registered, so for older players it basically just tells you when the new (edit: I guess it's not really new anymore) registration system went in.
  • edited November 2012
    It only says when you last updated, character age - 18 / 29 is more accurate if you've registered more than once.

Edit: And ninja'd by Sena D:
  • Mannimar said:
    Lorielan is not "the Goddess of Knowledge".
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    So is anyone going to unravel her (mysteries)?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited November 2012
    Cooper said:
    Thaumas said:
    Mannimar said:
    Lorielan is not "the Goddess of Knowledge".
    11.22 LORIELAN, THE ENLIGHTENED
    The former Queen of Proteus and once Jade Empress, Lorielan was recently 
    released from Her crystalline prison to walk among the worlds once more. Her 
    first return introduced a goddess of strict Knowledge and history

[snip]

She patrons the realms of Knowledge
    Wisdom, Truth, and Enlightenment
    The former Queen of Proteus and once Jade Empress, Lorielan was recently
    released from Her crystalline prison to walk among the worlds once more. Her first return introduced a goddess of strict Knowledge and history, Her interest in the simple facts of existence and their endless accumulation. A
    breath of time and a second respite to the Kx'Khrah plane found the Lady no longer satisfied with the neutrality and moral ambiguity of that realm, and Her focus turned to the use and analysis of the information She once so ardently attained.

She patrons the realms of Knowledge, Wisdom, Truth, and Enlightenment, using them in accordance with those beliefs, yet does not claim them as solely Hers.

• Read the whole thing and stop making yourself look stupid.

• Lorielan is not "the Goddess of Knowledge". Seriously, English is barely a language. Surely you can understand that phrase?
  • Cooper said:
    Read the whole thing and stop making yourself look stupid.

• I don't know much about language, but that looks pretty much like Lorielan is a Goddess, of a set of things that includes 'Knowledge'.

Hence, Goddess of Knowledge. In the same way Athena was Goddess of Wisdom - true, as far as it goes, but not completely accurate.
  • The. The Goddess of Knowledge.