Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Jarrel said:
    Mizik is a lot like me, we fight because it's fun, not because we can win. You don't want to bet on us, we don't mind losing, it's the experience that brings the best out in us. I would bet on Tirac, if it was money, and Tanris if it was my life.
    That's a pretty profound way of putting it, accurate too imo. Also on Cooper and Farrah's lists where is the boy wonder Carmain? Dude rinsed practically everyone when he tried even a little bit back in like 2014/2015? and prior. Talking about who is the "best" is a difficult conversation because of how RPS achaea combat can be, but it's still fun as long as people don't take it too seriously. 

I'd place my bet on Carmain, Tirac and Mizik ;D

Although from my (limited) personal experience, Carmain and VAEHL were the hardest to kill sans high end damage.
  • Aegoth said:
    Who you calling stumpy?
    Mindshell said:
    We don't need an excuse to mouth off red and stumpy.
    You rang?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jovolo said:
    Jarrel said:
    Mizik is a lot like me, we fight because it's fun, not because we can win. You don't want to bet on us, we don't mind losing, it's the experience that brings the best out in us. I would bet on Tirac, if it was money, and Tanris if it was my life.
    That's a pretty profound way of putting it, accurate too imo. Also on Cooper and Farrah's lists where is the boy wonder Carmain? Dude rinsed practically everyone when he tried even a little bit back in like 2014/2015? and prior. Talking about who is the "best" is a difficult conversation because of how RPS achaea combat can be, but it's still fun as long as people don't take it too seriously. 

I'd place my bet on Carmain, Tirac and Mizik ;D

Although from my (limited) personal experience, Carmain and VAEHL were the hardest to kill sans high end damage.
    As I recall, Carmain was also perhaps the first prominent fighter that emerged using strictly the web client when everyone else was hopping on the Mudlet/SVO wagon. This was before server side curing was even a thought, and that's pretty impressive.

• Nazihk said:
    Jarrel said:
    I've trusted Tanris with my life an awful lot of times and it almost always seems to end up with him going "Sorry man, didn't realize there were guards there".
    I was just thinking how they need a new Lupus to patron a YOLO house. Sounds like Tanris could be the perfect man?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Kresslack how could you forget the awesomess of Omnipave??
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    @Kresslack how could you forget the awesomess of Omnipave??
    Is that what he used? I've never used it personally. Just always heard of him rocking the web client.

• @mizik only got famous after posting pics of himself.
  • Rangor said:
    @mizik only got famous after posting pics of himself.
    And absolutely no one regrets it.
     <3 
  • Farrah said:
    I just dislike the notion that some are just "better" than everyone else, regardless of who beats them and how often and never quite understood it.
    Because being the best, doesn't automatically mean you never ever lose a fight. Basically goes for everything ever, not just Achaea combat.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ryzeth said:
    Farrah said:
    I just dislike the notion that some are just "better" than everyone else, regardless of who beats them and how often and never quite understood it.
    Because being the best, doesn't automatically mean you never ever lose a fight. Basically goes for everything ever, not just Achaea combat.
    Unless you're a gladiator #HistoricallyInaccurateJokes #ThumbsUp
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Farrah said:
    Unless you're a gladiator #HistoricallyInaccurateJokes #ThumbsUp
    if Achaeans didn't return to life after dying..
  • Roguelike Achaea

Gank squads become more terrifying.

No one leaves their city in fear of this.

Upon death, you literally explode into credits worth your retirement value.

You get the other half of your credits to keep (for your next character).  Whoever killed you gets your retire value in unbound to trade around.
  • Frederich said:
    Roguelike Achaea

You get the other half of your credits to keep (for your next character).  Whoever killed you gets your retire value in unbound to trade around.
    hardcore mode. :P
    Frederich said:
    Roguelike Achaea

Wait till later in the year

Create 500 alts

HAPPYBIRTHDAYACHAEA * 500

Profit.
    Huh. Neat.
    Imagine if they did offer a Hardcore server. You can only have a chance to reroll a new character after death every RL 3 months.

• Ahmet said:
    Wait till later in the year

Create 500 alts

HAPPYBIRTHDAYACHAEA * 500

Profit.
    Gonna need 500 e-mails for that. In which case IRE prob gonna smack you down, lul.
  • Kresslack said:
    Imagine if they did offer a Hardcore server. You can only have a chance to reroll a new character after death every RL 3 months.
    Jhui would spent a lot of time playing with himself.

So to speak.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited January 2017
    Ryzeth said:
    Farrah said:

I never said it did. But if I beat Mizik 18/20 times, is he the best? I guess I don't understand what criteria you'd judge on (other than his player pic) if not ability to win fights. 

Jhui loses. I lose. Much like Jarrel said, we too fight for fun. We take tons of risks. But Jhui is really hard to beat when he wants to win. Mizik rarely challenges me.

Unpopular opinion, I know! I just don't get it.
  • I actually never lost.
  • Jovolo said:
    I actually never lost.

Cause u only duel on forums. But how many likes do you have, huh?!
  • edited January 2017
    She's still more awesome than me :( I have been bested
  • edited January 2017
    I'd be cool to see an alternate universe Achaea where old age has merit. Perma-death at 100 years old, stats degrade starting at 65. No more meaningless I'm a dusty old person comments. No more people in game that have existed through every major event in history.

If you haven't accomplished what you set out to do by 100 years old, much like in real life, you just missed the boat.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Problem there, of course, being monetary investment in those characters. In a game where a lot of us have played for 10+ years, losing that investment (or half that investment, given retirement) every 3 years is pretty unattractive.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited January 2017
    Have it be a "rebirth" mechanic, a spin on reincarnation. Achaeans obviously has souls and the mortal Achaean form is proven to be a mere shell. At 100 years old the body fails and you die but the soul, all of its memories (these would be lessons) and soul-bound materials (arties, including collared mounts, pets and credits, or perhaps take arties but refund their full credit value so you can re-invest them into new arties appropriate for your new class) follow the soul past the mortal coil into the creation of a new body, akin to retiring. It would have to be 100% trade in value instead of the partial value of retiring, as this would be a forced mechanic imposed on players and their characters. There would be an option to relinquish some or all of this if you wanted a "true" fresh start. 

Starting at, say, age 60, you begin receiving a yearly 2% penalty/debuff towards physical activity, for a total 80% debuff at age 100 (assuming your character dies on their 101st birthday). Your health pool starts decreasing, dps drops and the ability to withstand damage decreases as well. Endurance drain increases to make hunting harder. 

Because the soul controls mental abilities general cognition, however, things such as mana, willpower and abilities based on the mind and energies (such as magical abilities or things such as kaido/shindo/telepathy) are not effected by the debuff.

You also get a bonus to all mentoring activities. Your students learn lessons faster (perhaps someone learning from an elder can learn in 30 lesson chunks, even if they aren't mentored by that elder) and you actually get a heightened lesson income from training others below age 65. 

A focus on "training the next generation", or something, and the fresh start with full lesson return once you do kick the bucket means you can freely try out, say, another faction if you wanted. Targossian but always wanted to try out occultist? Here, have all your lessons and credits back. Miss sentinel? Go for it. 

This would also somewhat reward the PKers as they come off their "cooldown period", during which they might have an excuse to train new combatants, roleplay a bit, or maybe just challenge themselves to see how much ass they can still kick as a 95 year old retiree. They've suffered under the debuff so now they get everything back, plus a fresh 18 year old body they can beat up for the next 42 years minimum. 

Also we could totally have funerals and funerals would be sweet rp. Imagine a funeral for someone like Jhui or Rangor, goddamn. 

edit: words
    edited January 2017
    One of the other IREs lets you choose your age up to like 28 years old. Would be very nice for retirees.

EDIT: Totally different topic, just reminded me of it. Idk.
    Huh. Neat.