Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited February 2017
    IF (and that's a giant, neon, see-it-from-space IF) Tsol'teth would become an available race, it should not be gated behind credits, and it should not be something people can just reincarnate in and out of. I'd give it as a reward to a highly difficult quest, challenging in a variety of areas, tied to the Underrealm. Further, once you go Tsol'teth, you never go back to another race - it's a permanent decision, with possibly permanent RP consequences to that character. Something that takes a lot of work over a long period of time to achieve. A little like Caer Witrin in time investment, but more work, more involvement, and more than what most honours quests involve (Caer Witrin included). It'd almost be like the questing version of obtaining Dragon (please note: not encouraging a Dragon-esque race to go with your class, those were dark days and I'm glad we're beyond them).

But again, big if, and not something the admin would probably like to do, considering the lore implications.

EDIT: Some reasoning I wanted to add: I hate when things are locked behind money. Especially if it were lore-intensive like this. Same reason I'd hate it if it were easy to get. This would make it accessible to anyone willing to put in a lot of effort, but not something you can just buy, sort of like how Dragon is - you can't buy level 99 outright, you still have to hunt it up.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Antonius if you think a thousand new lolalts coming in as Tsol'teth wouldn't devalue the Tsol'teth in some manner, you're simply mistaken.
    I think Tsol'teth would have absolutely zero value if it was a playable race, so I don't see how the number of people who choose to use it could make that any worse.
  • edited February 2017
    Tydas said:
    IF (and that's a giant, neon, see-it-from-space IF) Tsol'teth would become an available race, it should not be gated behind credits, and it should not be something people can just reincarnate in and out of. I'd give it as a reward to a highly difficult quest, challenging in a variety of areas, tied to the Underrealm. Further, once you go Tsol'teth, you never go back to another race - it's a permanent decision, with possibly permanent RP consequences to that character. Something that takes a lot of work over a long period of time to achieve. A little like Caer Witrin in time investment, but more work, more involvement, and more than what most honours quests involve (Caer Witrin included). It'd almost be like the questing version of obtaining Dragon (please note: not encouraging a Dragon-esque race to go with your class, those were dark days and I'm glad we're beyond them).

But again, big if, and not something the admin would probably like to do, considering the lore implications.

I would love such a concept...if it wasnt a guarantee that the players would completely ignore the RP consequences and simply say "Stats bro" or some such. Each would make some half-assed excuse why they are Tsol'teth as well as part of their chosen org.

I prefer Tsol'teth being unselectable and simply the racist race that seeks genocide control of all.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2017
    It'd be too weird for it to happen any time soon, if ever. They have a racial god, and are linked in some psychical manner (meld) that seems to be distinct and much more intimate from the way adventures can psychically communicate with each other. People being able to play as Tsol'teth would utterly destroy their characterisation if done at any point but the tail end of their storyline..

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Trying? I did kill him

• Shirszae said:
    It'd be too weird for it to happen any time soon, if ever. They have a racial god, and are linked in some psychical manner (meld) that seems to be distinct and much more intimate from the way adventures can psychically communicate with each other. People being able to play as Tsol'teth would utterly destroy their characterisation if done at any point but the tail end of their storyline..
    Heh, I'm imagining a scenario where Tsol'teth-ification is an alternative way to retire your character.

• Mizik said:
    Eleusis has the best shops.
  • Xaden said:

A Duskmere brawler says, "Man..."

A Duskmere brawler says, "I could do with some food."

You give a honey oat roll to a Duskmere brawler.

A Duskmere brawler says, "I mean, it could be greasier but..."

A Duskmere brawler exclaims, "I'm hungry so who cares, hell yeah! Thanks, Xaden!"

You wink conspiratorially at a Duskmere brawler.

Mazirak pats a Duskmere brawler in a friendly manner.

A Duskmere brawler frowns at Mazirak.

Duskmere brawler says, "Better keep your hands to yourself if you value having two of them, lad."

Wow. Shit just got serious.

• He thought Mazirak was going to try and take his roll away. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Vesios said:
    Xaden said:

A Duskmere brawler exclaims, "I'm hungry so who cares, hell yeah! Thanks, Xaden!"

Duskmere brawler says, "Better keep your hands to yourself if you value having two of them, lad."

• Kresslack said:
    Vesios said:
    Xaden said:

It's a joke on how quickly the brawler's personality went from "wow thanks for the food friend" to "I'm going to fucking murder you".

or rather it was supposed to be :(
  • Rood. . 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The locust thing has been around since Apollyon.
  • Kythra said:
    A rustling in the distance grows to a deafening drone as a horde of white locusts appears. Breaking away from the swarm, numerous blue-eyed insects force themselves into your mouth and nose and fly down your throat faster than you can react.

Churning in your stomach turns to shredding pain as countless locusts make a feast of your insides. Consuming your organs from within, the agony of being eaten alive becomes overwhelming.

A maddening sensation inside your head culminates in blackness as your eyes explode, blood-drenched locusts bursting out through the gore filling your sightless sockets.

Proficy, Tyrant of Mhaldor yells, "Lady MaRsHaL!!"
    (Federation of Asshole Gankers): Carmain says, "Too late proficy."
    (Federation of Asshole Gankers): Carmain says, "Sartan got her."

The very meat is ripped from your bones by insatiable locusts. Drowned out by their raging monotone, the final, agonised scream forced from your ravaged throat trails off as your lungs and larynx are devoured.
    You have been slain by a swarm of albino locusts.

corpse159026 the skeletal remains of kythra

Completely bare of flesh, the remains of kythra form a neat skeleton. Many shallow nicks and gouges in all directions cover the pale bones, scars left by a whirlwind of tiny cuts. The still-moist texture of the osseous assembly suggests their bare state to be a recent occurrence. It has about a month of usefulness left.
    It weighs 0 ounce(s).

(Party): You say, "May we learn from my Weakness."

Yes. Learn to carry bug-spray
  • iron boots and stomp harder.
  • edited February 2017
    Every time I think living in Mhaldor would be cool...y'all can have that shit.
  • If you don't think that's absolutely amazing, you have psychological problems. I offer counseling
  • It is way amazing.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Yeaaah if that doesn't get you pumped, Mhaldor definitely isn't going to please you!

• Aegoth said:
    If you don't think that's absolutely amazing, you have psychological problems. I offer counseling

I must have psychological problems.

I don't wanna be eaten by locusts. :( And I like my eyes.
  • Don't you worry baby boo, I gotchu covered
  • RIP Apples
  • This is out of context and bad timing on Melodie's part, but...

(clan): You say, "Yay now you can pee the bed without worrying about 
    ruining your mattress."
    6023h, 6196m, 26390e, 24695w  
    (clan): Melodie says, "Yuuus. These mattresses they provide are shit, so 
    this feels like heaven now."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I got excited okay. Don't judge a lady excited for a mattress topper.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited February 2017
    I was being ravaged by locusts before it was cool.

(out of interest, what happened to the Messiah canvas after the Renaissance?)
  • Tahquil said:
    I was being ravaged by locusts before it was cool.

(out of interest, what happened to the Messiah canvas after the Renaissance?)