Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited November 2012
    The pleasure of thinking they're "winning."

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    (Mhaldor): Orek says, 
    "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

*facepalm*

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    He was happy. What's wrong with that?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Turoi said:
    (Mhaldor): Orek says, 
    "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

*facepalm*
    He will come far in this world.

And by that I mean he'll come to the executioner's block.
  • "Your tester may have you start walking from Eleusis or plop you in a random start location."

How... descriptive.
    plop is what i do to people after i devour people

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Tvistor said:
    Mephaos tells you, "Issued."

You tell the soul of Mephaos, "Pleasure speaking with you."

Mephaos tells you, "No cause - nothing to use against me, and certainly not an RP reason. You'll find yourself a leafy shrub within 2 months."

I thought everyone was exaggerating. This is just getting silly, that man has threatened to issue me/thrown some ridiculous insults every time I have interacted with him.
    To be entirely fair, I can't recall who told me but iirc he's genuinely functionally disabled in some fashion. He's still a twat, but I try to show him some leeway.

• I did not know that, and now I feel like a jerk! :(
  • @Wysteria, I actually had the character Zuko in game but let him die. I couldn't play him without wanting to watch Avatar.
    Tvistor said:
    I did not know that, and now I feel like a jerk! :(
    because of cats. rar

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Tvistor said:
    I did not know that, and now I feel like a jerk! :(
    It only explains why he doesn't understand the new system, not why he's an a-hole about it. No need to feel bad!
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• It might explain both, since I don't know what the problem is! I'm not even sure if he's really being an a-hole because I sincerely doubt he has ever actually won one of these issues.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I like @Pavard.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited November 2012
    Tvistor said:
    It helps clear confusion at times though. My House is an organization I belong to and my house is a building I live in.
    Just another reason why the word "guild" was better! (Not making an argument for the org's functionality.) Really, though, you should be making it contextually apparent: "blessings upon your house" or "I am bound by my oaths to house and nation," or something.

I agree with @Alyssea to some extent. While I think certain things (divine pronouns, the big axial alignments) are fine, there's a point where we start capitalising "Mischief" and "Sky" and "Beauty" that it just gets silly. @Pavard's argument falls apart when faced with someone who did this well, like Tolkien, who preserved the original meanings of names even in their "translations." This is ultimately English-language literature, meant for an English-speaking audience, and good Ronald understood that.
  • Who the hell is Ronald?
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • edited November 2012
    I think it gets a bit silly only when people start arguing about it in-game and start correcting each other for not using "correct capitalisation". Otherwise I'm perfectly fine with most of these capitalisations, if it helps to get a certain idea, emphasis, or solemnity across.

I sometimes use capitalisations of certain words for such reasons, like saying "Holy Shrines" when confronting an order enemy about a defilement, while simply talking about "shrines" in a more matter-of-factly discussion about their placement with a fellow order member etc. Likewise I will often capitalize the terms for things like house ideals when mentioning them as "our ideals", but not do so when just casually bringing one of them up. I think it sometimes helps to make myself understood without having to use all too many additional words, which I find a perfectly acceptable goal, seeing how much more nuanced spoken language generally is than written language.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    If you do it in-game naturally, it's fine. Don't correct people though, there are a few exceptions.

Let's move on, moar quotes pls.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Now now, don't be so hasty!
    3674h, 4726m, 12161e, 15418w cexkdb-200 -150 -2 -30            Time: 22:33:08:813
    sw
    There is no exit in that direction.
    3674h, 4726m, 12161e, 15418w cexkdb-0 0 0 0            Time: 22:33:09:293
    s
    sw

A muscular ormyrr, a muscular ormyrr, a muscular ormyrr, an ormyrr priest, an ormyrr priest, an ormyrr guard, an ormyrr guard, an ormyrr guard, an ormyrr priest, a muscular ormyrr, and a muscular
    ormyrr enter from the south.
    3674h, 4726m, 12161e, 15418w cexkdb-0 0 0 0            Time: 22:33:09:583

Charging at you at full speed, a muscular ormyrr grabs you with both arms, squeezing with extreme strength. Bones audibly snap under the pressure, while blood begins to seep from your mouth.
    Lowering his head, a muscular ormyrr runs towards you, knocking you back with the impact of his skull.
    You have been slain by a muscular ormyrr.
    A muscular ormyrr carefully retrieves a primal ember from your corpse.
    A gleaming torc falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a goblin miner falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a goblin foreman falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a goblin slave falls out of your inventory.
    All your golden sovereigns fall from your lifeless hands.
    A muscular ormyrr grins slyly, reaches down, and takes a simple oaken pipe from the corpse of Thaumas.
    0h, 4726m, 12161e, 15418w ex--3674 0 0 0            Time: 22:33:10:153

I think this was about the only time in 8 years when the first line was actually good advice.
  • Raising his voice in frenetic praise, an ormyrr priest has brought Azuhi to a gory death.
    15:45:12:625
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Iocun rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:45:31:260
    Plunging his claws deep into Iocun's viscera, a muscular ormyrr rips the life out of his victim.
    15:45:31:267
    Plunging his claws deep into Shista's viscera, a muscular ormyrr rips the life out of his victim.
    15:48:47:543
    Raising his voice in frenetic praise, an ormyrr priest has brought Halos to a gory death.
    15:50:00:969
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Halos rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:50:00:975
    Plunging his claws deep into Shista's viscera, a muscular ormyrr rips the life out of his victim.
    15:50:16:895
    Raising his voice in frenetic praise, an ormyrr priest has brought Trilliana to a gory death.
    15:50:51:745
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Trilliana rasps her last breaths and dies.
    15:50:51:752
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Crathen rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:51:01:748
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Hanley rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:51:03:726
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Iocun rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:51:10:799
    Raising his voice in frenetic praise, an ormyrr priest has brought Bhayn to a gory death.
    15:51:11:854
    Impaled upon the bardiche of an ormyrr guard, Vincenzio rasps his last breaths and dies.
    15:51:38:640
  • edited November 2012
    I think they use triggered offence, those cheaters.

Someone ought to illusion "(Party): An ormyrr priest says, 'TARGET ormyrr'" to them.

P.S. Also:

Crathen tells you, "South of cc, be careful."
    5272[    ], 4412(100%), 99%, 100% cexkdb 52.3%-(22:51:25.085)
    (south)
    Ruminic Street. (Cyrene) [Num: 6392]
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. The road seems pretty quiet here though pedestrian traffic seems to 
    be quite heavy to the southwest. A few quaint little shops with neatly tended storefronts line either side of 
    the road under the shade of the massive trees that make their home here. A runic totem is planted solidly in 
    the ground. There are 5 muscular ormyrr here. There are 3 ormyrr priests here. There are 3 ormyrr guards here.

Exits: n (6391) e (10277) (open door), sw (6393) and w (10271) (open door). 
    (outdoors)
    5272[    ], 4412(100%), 99%, 100% cexkdb 52.3%-(22:51:25.454)
    Snarling viciously, a muscular ormyrr rakes you with his razor-sharp claws, cutting your face to bloody 
    ribbons.
    Leaping at you with savage fury, a muscular ormyrr bites deeply into your flesh with his sharp teeth.
    Snarling viciously, a muscular ormyrr rakes you with his razor-sharp claws, cutting your face to bloody 
    ribbons.
    Rasping out a guttural string of syllables, an ormyrr priest points a talon at you, and your heart stutters 
    in response, sending a sharp pain through your chest.
    Rasping out a guttural string of syllables, an ormyrr priest points a talon at you, and your heart stutters 
    in response, sending a sharp pain through your chest.
    An ormyrr guard slashes at your neck with his bardiche, very nearly lopping off your head.
    You have been slain by an ormyrr guard.
    A kola nut falls out of your inventory.
    An arsenic pellet falls out of your inventory.
    An ormyrr guard grins slyly, reaches down, and takes a throwing axe from the corpse of Iocun.
    0[-5272], 4412(100%), 99%, 100% ex 50.0%(-2.3)-(22:51:25.917)
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Urdu, the Crone of Reckoning says, "Xoran, eh? Boar's urine! Works for everything."

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Jonathin said:
    I like @Pavard.

I like that his post count is 1 and it had 12 likes. The Force is strong with this one.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Jiraishin said:
    - 2012/11/03 16:36:29 - Apollyon says, "Greetings, City of Evil."

OH MY GOD IT'S REAL

Sounds false. Apollyon should have said, "BLOOD AND THUNDER, City of Evil."

• (Order): You say, "Hail, Master!"

(Order): Apollyon says, "My Disciple."

(Order): Apollyon says, "Greetings."

HE EXISTS.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."