Memorable quotes

Comments

• Eld is hard to misspell, but I do occasionally get "to akechi Hi!".
  • Every time I walk into a room, at least one of three people will say, "to Pheastus hello my Lord." :(
    To Pheastus, Lord of the Dinner Table!

• I should have gone with a name that's harder to type. Would survive raids by being untargetable.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • God I love tab auto complete on Mudlet. I cannot remember the last time I typed out a name longer than 5 letters by hand.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Oceana I've mistyped yours as Oceano. Damn musical brain
  • edited November 2012
    I don't get why people complain about people's names being hard to spell in raids, either. :| Even though they aren't hard for me to spell, why bother typing out the whole thing? I target "Tan" more often than "Tanris" and "Car" more often than "Carmain."
  • edited November 2012
    If I don't target the whole name, then my triggers won't do their highlighting and replacing correctly for my current target, which is pretty important for me to keep track of busy fights. Also, I'm a bit paranoid of some random novice named Tany or Carl entering the room and me accidentally killing him.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Moar quotes pls.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited November 2012
    ok
  • Alyssea said:
    I don't get why people complain about people's names being hard to spell in raids, either. :| Even though they aren't hard for me to spell, why bother typing out the whole thing? I target "Tan" more often than "Tanris" and "Car" more often than "Carmain."
    When Manuella and Manu was around at the same time you couldn't target 'Manu' because it sent it on to Manuella (Made her get killed several times by her own city mates when Manu raided) That got us 'Manu.' as a target option

• Alyssea, Trilliana, Xae, Torr, Skual, Nesha, Nalitia, Yohn, Kadrim, Sohl, Tesha, Payne, Mariya, 
    Barudar, Kiella, Kayeil, Kybrae, Sothantos, Raelynn, Aeran, Wyverex, Garis, Chaita, Wronic, Jovian, 
    Jasaadi, Sylvance, Manifest, Teela, Syth, Kaitali, Julia, Corr, Kalvon, Nellaundra, Karron, Extrum, 
    Terra, Verily, Enrion, Jonesey, Akia, Takashi, Tagg, Emett, Ryanna, Ceer, Pazael, Revolg, Aeryllin, 
    Sillias, Siatx, Izzy, Lycienne, Naelli, Hannah, Tukio, Cooper, Mystara, Hallis, Aikawa, Dunn, Erikka,
     Juliet, Nadiel, Shibumi, Mannimar, Dalavan, Ginmund, Slai, Havyn, Raenar, Skarash, Eld, Barrons, 
    Abram, Ikthor, Raz, Xenomorph, Heawon, Loraine, Rayle, Mosr, Kendrick, Hanley, Ayleth, Amunet, 
    Ragvar, Jibraaiyl, Rovelda, Sorvad, Daelok, Danika, Shekal, Xensa, Lianca, Zephrinne, Traelor, 
    Melodie, Darqiss, Nim, Morro, Annalyn, Shunsui, Arkdelad, Miralath, Deladan, Elira, Alasheera, 
    Gamoneterik, Oneiros, Thiev, Dennyae, Rotose, Sheetaa, Qiuyu, Nimala.
    Plus another 39 whose presence you cannot fully sense.

O.o 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    He's here for the Ormyrr

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited November 2012

Iocun said:
    If I don't target the whole name, then my triggers won't do their highlighting and replacing correctly for my current target, which is pretty important for me to keep track of busy fights. Also, I'm a bit paranoid of some random novice named Tany or Carl entering the room and me accidentally killing him.
    Was dueling Santar and a newbie walked in right as I hit Chaosrays.  

So it still happens. :-<
  • To be fair, the only purpose modern chaos rays would serve in a duel is to kill newbies that are watching.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Zeon He shields every other hit, and my hammer tattoo faded in the duel  :(
  • Bit late on this part of the thread, but every once in a while, someone will call me Mathowny, which makes me giggle uncontrollably for like a minute.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • I get all sorts of mis-spellings on my name. I must say though, it's always fun when someone looks at me and asks (quite seriously) if I know my name's a palindrome. I die a little inside, and just tell them yes, I know. 

• @Anaidiana Haha, I never noticed. 

My name even gets misspelled from time to time (things like "Alyssa", "Alyssae", "Alysea") but really, most name misspellings are just because someone's lazy or trying to type too fast, not because the name is difficult to spell. 
  • Just try to target Blujixapug. Or Yudhistira.

Hell I don't even know if I spelled those right.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • t bluji

what do I win
  • I used to win fights for two reasons.

One: "omg how do I target your name"

Two: "wtf Hathrael's system doesn't have triggers for thornrend"
  • Yudhishthira's easy too: t dragon.
  • Lightning-quick, you jab a mysterious winged, black tengu with an ornate steel rapier.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    The final blow proves too much for a mysterious winged, black tengu, who expires pitifully.
    You have slain a mysterious winged, black tengu, retrieving the corpse.
    A primal ember tumbles out of the corpse of a mysterious winged, black tengu.
    2988h, 2660m e-00:17:47:004
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    2988h, 2660m ex-00:17:49:688
    A black lamassu exclaims, "Glory to the Crown!"
    2988h, 2660m ex-00:17:50:571
    Fungal path through Northern Ithmia.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A rune resembling a horse 
    has been sketched into the ground here. An enigmatic black lamassu stands here, her tail lashing the 
    air silently. White flames of primal fire ripple over the surface of a small, glowing ember.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.
    2988h, 2660m ex-00:18:11:325blink lamassu
    You blink incredulously at a black lamassu.
    Her unblinking silver eyes glittering, an enigmatic lamassu evenly meets your gaze.

what the actual - !

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I love the lamassu, never seen them do that before?
  • Tengu... Hashan's first line of defence. 

No wonder we were rarely raided. They're too cute for most raiders to kill.
  • edited November 2012

Antidas said:
    You have slain a mysterious winged, black tengu, retrieving the corpse.

Keep it up, son. You're doing God's work.

really though can we just delete them i mean what's even mysterious about their wings
  • Weakest hail train ever. *rukimoro (may he rest in peace :() must be rolling in his grave.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    I wish he stuck around to order more than a rampage.

Lifted my spirits to hear him though!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Daemonic Hand, show your respect by capitalising His pronouns. He might take offense and go away D:
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1