Memorable quotes

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    So break it and make multiple sentences out of the fragments.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    So break it and make multiple sentences out of the fragments.
    Not arguing that rewriting it as multiple sentences would be a bad idea, just that as it stands, it's not a runon.
  • You're a runon.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I also never initially said it was, just that it could be broken down by using periods, which yes, it can.

• Silas said:
    *Your
    This is actually incorrect @Silas!

He was calling him a name, therefore "you are <diss>"

"your" is possessive, depicting ownership not a state of being.

<3

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Silas said:
    *Your
    This is actually incorrect @Silas!

He was calling him a name, therefore "you are <diss>"

"your" is possessive, depicting ownership not a state of being.

<3
    What makes you think he doesn't own runons?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Yeah, Atalkez. Gosh. Keep up.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2013
    In want of quotes, I pulled out an old one I've been saving.

You whisper to @Halos with a flowing, cultured accent, "You still owe me some prose." 

You whistle appreciatively. 

Purifier Halos Vorondil, Caefir Priest says, "Oh, right." 

Purifier Halos Vorondil, Caefir Priest says to you, "I'll look at that before I leave the realms for the month." 

You flash Halos a joyous smile. 

Halos chuckles quietly to himself. 

Purifier Halos Vorondil, Caefir Priest says, "I've been putting it off for too long." 

You have emoted: Melodie grins somewhat, displaying several sharp teeth. 

You say kindly with a flowing, cultured accent, "It happens to the best of us, Father." 

Halos leans away from you slightly, his olivine features not quite hiding a look of surprise. 

@Carmell grins mischievously at Halos. 

Carmell Jaydde-Stormcrow, Caefir Priestess says to Halos, "You aren't used to dragons yet?" 

Carmell Jaydde-Stormcrow, Caefir Priestess says to Halos, "When you have two ordermates as Dragons." 

Purifier Halos Vorondil, Caefir Priest says, "Not dragonface from Melodie!" 

Purifier Halos Vorondil, Caefir Priest says, "Sweet, gentle Melodie." 

Comprehension flashes across Carmell's face.

Yeah... Mel's a real gentle sweetheart. Right. ;))
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • how about you format that correctly and then I'll consider reading it.

• Aurora said:
    You will all be keeping up with my hand at the back of your heads if I don't see a better standard of memorable quotes happening in the next few posts!

Begone to the sewer, foul beasties, and wrestle the words down there! (If jello is involved, I can referee!).
    Oh, the visions. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Santar said:
    how about you format that correctly and then I'll consider reading it.
    Sorry, no idea why the formatting was so weird. I had to fiddle with it. Fixed!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Solid, @Trey. Proud of you.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Trey you better leave me outta that crap. I did not make any such jokes.
  • Daeir said:
    @Aurora: About those sewers..

I agree. Targossas's sewers should be full of jello instead of sewage.

• Nim said:
    Daeir said:
    @Aurora: About those sewers..

I agree. Targossas's sewers should be full of jello instead of sewage.

What's that skill? Sustenance? All that manna would probably not get digested the same way mortal food does…
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Draqoom said:

7009h(100%), 3207m(97%), 29375e, 17975w, cexkdb- 42.1% no line out(-4 Mana) i
    You are holding:
    -stuff-
    You are wearing:
    -more stuff-
    You have 56 types of items in the Rift.
    You have 99 items and no gold.
    7009h(100%), 3290m(100%), 29375e, 17961w, cexkdb- 42.1% no line out(+85 Mana)

Hard days raid and I see this. First thing that comes to mind:

If you're havin' game problems I feel bad for you son,
    I got 99 items but my gold aint one!

Hit me! ---draqoom proceeds to upper-cut his inventory--

• I haven't gotten one of these in a long long time, I figure most haven't seen or heard of it either so I figured I would share.

"Through your mystical connection with the undersea realm, you hear a faraway ship's bell rings twelve times and then reverberates into silence. It's on some other ship."
  • Daeir said:
    I hope someone got something awesome from that, and not just a paltry some of gold.
    I've gotten 4, 12 ringers before. They normal in their gold return, however there was some really awesome items just lying on the ground. It actually became really cool as one of the earrings that was found, ended up being someones long dormant grandmother who held the design, was really kind of neat.
  • ii artefact

You aren't wielding anything in either hand.

You are holding:
    vial288723 an elegant diamond vial
    chocolate487381 a white chocolate dove

You are wearing:

Wh-what?

• Rinzai said:
    Daeir said:
    I hope someone got something awesome from that, and not just a paltry some of gold.
    I've gotten 4, 12 ringers before. They normal in their gold return, however there was some really awesome items just lying on the ground. It actually became really cool as one of the earrings that was found, ended up being someones long dormant grandmother who held the design, was really kind of neat.
    This made me really want to dive until I realized 12 ringers will kill me in 3 seconds flat.
    Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• Nim said:
    ii artefact

You aren't wielding anything in either hand.

You are holding:
    vial288723 an elegant diamond vial
    chocolate487381 a white chocolate dove

You are wearing:

Wh-what?

I'd guess one of those chocolates from the promotion months ago that gives a random buff.
  • Or from the chocolate box.

• Or a live dove drowned in chocolate. Sweet shell with a soft, feathery inner layer and finally a savoury crunch at the centre. Mhmmmmm......