Memorable quotes

Comments

• That or she's looking to give head, and trying to find the city best suited to receive it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• That would be Eleusis.

• Cahin said:
    That would be Eleusis.
    I keep telling her that....
  • I know quoting yourself is pretty lame, but this story is for everyone.

(clan)  You say, "Have I told you the story of the big, red truck?"

(clan)  Person says, "I don't think so."

(clan)  You say, "Alright here goes."

(clan)  You say, "There was a brother and his older sister alone at home."

(clan)  You say, "10 and 12."

(clan)  You say, "They'd been told by their mom to make dinner."

(clan)  You say, "They thought they would use the stove and oven instead of the microwave like they were told."

(clan)  You say, "Well they left one of the oven mitts in the oven by mistake."

(clan)  You say, "It ended up catching the house on fire."

(clan)  You say, "They ran upstairs."

(clan)  You say, "Like any foolish children would do."

(clan)  You say, "And the fire spread to all of downstairs and one side of the house upstairs."

(clan)  You say, "They climbed onto the roof from the window of the brother's room."

(clan)  You say, "They knew they needed to call 911, but couldn't as they were getting cornered by the fire."

(clan)  You say, "The older sister lowered her brother off of the second story roof and told him to run to the neighbors and call 911."

(clan)  You say, "He hits the ground, gets up, and runs off to the neighbor's house."

(clan)  You say, "Hearing the frantic banging on the door, the neighbor answers."

(clan)  You say, "The kid runs in without a word, grabs the phone and calls."

(clan)  You say, ""help help our house is on fire and my sister is still in there!!""

(clan)  You say, "The 911 operator says "okay calm down, I'm putting you on the line with the fire department"."

(clan)  You say, "Again, "help help our house is on fire and my sister is still in there!!!""

(clan)  You say, ""okay, we're on our way. How do we get there?""

(clan)  You say, ""Duh, a big red truck"."

(clan)  You say, "The end :D."

In the world of Achaea, what set of parents/guardians would name their progeny the above?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited November 2013
    Arianis said:

Eld said:

Wysteria said:

In the world of Achaea, what set of parents/guardians would name their progeny the above?

Far, far too many, from what I've seen.

Well, SOMEONE had to bring Sexy back.

Thought that would be me but unfortunately I'm late! :(

Just kidding
  • You people are too close-minded.
    Sigh, back to playing Thaumas:(
  • edited November 2013
    Santar said:
    [Omnipave] Not keeping rebounding.

The fuck?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    [Omnipave]: Not keeping rebounding
    The fuck?
    He took rebounding off keep-up and then dropped it by attempting an aggressive action.

Clearer phrasing for the echo might be "No longer keeping rebounding", if that's the confusion.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • As I understand it, once Santar realized that his Omnipave system had rebounding keepup on, he disabled it.

• I figured that was more surprise that Santar uses Omnipave than confusion over what the echo means, but I could be wrong.
  • Antonius is correct. Completely surprised to be honest.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Shit, Mizik fought on Vadi-M for like a year post SVO release.

• edited November 2013
    I use omnichrome XY.

Which is a fancy name for my own personal mess of triggers and scripts.

• Penwize said:
    I'm curious, why?
    I thought I remembered Santar being on his own system rather than one of the publicly available ones, so I find it a bit surprising on that front. Probably mixing him up with someone else, though.
  • Peak said:
    I know quoting yourself is pretty lame, but this story is for everyone.

(clan)  You say, "Have I told you the story of the big, red truck?"

(clan)  Person says, "I don't think so."

(clan)  You say, "Alright here goes."

(clan)  You say, "There was a brother and his older sister alone at home."

(clan)  You say, "10 and 12."

(clan)  You say, "They'd been told by their mom to make dinner."

(clan)  You say, "They thought they would use the stove and oven instead of the microwave like they were told."

(clan)  You say, "Well they left one of the oven mitts in the oven by mistake."

(clan)  You say, "It ended up catching the house on fire."

(clan)  You say, "They ran upstairs."

(clan)  You say, "Like any foolish children would do."

(clan)  You say, "And the fire spread to all of downstairs and one side of the house upstairs."

(clan)  You say, "They climbed onto the roof from the window of the brother's room."

(clan)  You say, "They knew they needed to call 911, but couldn't as they were getting cornered by the fire."

(clan)  You say, "The older sister lowered her brother off of the second story roof and told him to run to the neighbors and call 911."

(clan)  You say, "He hits the ground, gets up, and runs off to the neighbor's house."

(clan)  You say, "Hearing the frantic banging on the door, the neighbor answers."

(clan)  You say, "The kid runs in without a word, grabs the phone and calls."

(clan)  You say, ""help help our house is on fire and my sister is still in there!!""

(clan)  You say, "The 911 operator says "okay calm down, I'm putting you on the line with the fire department"."

(clan)  You say, "Again, "help help our house is on fire and my sister is still in there!!!""

(clan)  You say, ""okay, we're on our way. How do we get there?""

(clan)  You say, ""Duh, a big red truck"."

(clan)  You say, "The end :D."
    Pfft.  Horrible story.  Everyone knows the youth of today have cell phones on them always and would be able to call that way.
  • Omnipave is the system of kings. 

And cheapskates. 
  • Wysteria said:

I always assume it's like in 30 rock:

Milton:  By the way, we have a tradition in my family where we let the child name itself.
        Avery:  Oh, yeah, that's hippie nonsense.
        Jack:  Absolutely not.
        Milton:  Well, suit yourself, but my son Spider-Man turned out just fine.
  • Because Santar always bragged about having made his own custom system from scratch.