Memorable quotes

Comments

• Challenge accepted.
  • Xenomorph said:
    Silas said:
    These threads have been done to death. The absolute best thing to do re: forest conflict is to delete it because it's so heavily skewed in favour of the aggressors. Eleusis is forced to defend whenever Mhaldor wants to holo (RIP :() or exterm with absolutely no way to respond in kind; if you get ganked in that situation, so be it. I'd roll 20 deep at all times if I was in Eleusis's situation, not gonna lie.

There are plenty more balanced avenues of conflict that Mhaldor can engage in with Eleusis, such as shrines, city raids, etc.; that Mhaldor does not have the numbers for that does not mean that forest conflict is suddenly not all kinds of stupid.

What forest combat needs is a shot of testosterone right in the boy boulders and duct tape over the mouth over the Eleusian pacifists that propagate this sad trend. They are begging themselves out of conflict so they can be left to their own selfish devices. This I cannot abide.

I, along with many others, have selflessly given purpose to Oakstone/Eleusian membership as a whole. Without us, and forest combat, they lack a united purpose. Without purpose, its these people that need exterminated, not just their trees.

Be careful what you wish for. The same guys crying for forest combat to stop are the same ones that seek to put a harpoon on any type of conflict across Achaea, this is just the precursor. Their cowardly, infectious, conflict-avoiding attitudes mar their ability to think clearly, and thus, I make my final judgement.

Forest combat needs upgraded. Exterminations should rattle through Grove-Preservation like a thompson sub-machine gun goes through a yellow bus full of retards. Embrace forest combat, eat your god damned vegtables, or quit Achaea. You're not going to weep and issue your way out of this one. Have some self respect and dignity. Suck down a bottle of cheap thunderbird and get back some of that courage you guys had in your prime. The old forest leaders are turning over in their graves listening to these new, tight pant-wearing, emo leaders that are crying for mercy all while warm piss trickles down their leg, the only warmth that embraces them in the cold harsh realities of the greatly essential forest fight.

Is this why 90% of yours and Tiamat's exterminations are off plane during off-peak hours and you run the second anyone enters the area? Cause you are trying your best to foster good conflict that each side enjoys, creating a good gaming environment for all?

• You know there are other threads for this conversation now, right?

I just got back and I know this. Get with the program guys.
  • 3.7.3 Hall Monitors - The temptation, the reality

(See also: HELP META MONITORS)

WHAT IS A HALL MONITOR?
    -----------------------
    A hall monitor is someone who publicly reminds others not to misuse
    some public forum, most often MARKET, but also others.

BUT BUT - SOMEBODY IS MISUSING MARKET (or NEWBIE, etc)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    You hear someone who is not buying or selling on MARKET. He is breaking the
    rules! (It could also be someone on NEWBIE who is not asking or answering a
    question about how to get along in Achaea). This is a great injustice, and you
    alone are qualified to help! You must quickly call out on MARKET "Buying or
    Selling only please" to protect the world.

No. No you mustn't.

HALL MONITORS DON'T HELP
    ------------------------
    Speaking out on-channel (for example, MARKET, whatever) has three problems:
    - You are now giving attention to the person who's breaking the rules.
      (and that is what the person wants)
    - You are yourself violating the rules.
    - You may be embarassing someone who really didn't know.

HOW TO DO IT RIGHT
    ------------------
    Use private communications! Yes, tells or even says if you are close enough.
    Be polite, and let it go - the job of enforcement belongs to the Gods and
    Goddesses and Administrators of the lands.

WHOSE JOB IS IT?
    ----------------
    All adventurers are welcome to help out, but in the end the job belongs to the
    Immortals of Achaea - Gods, Goddesses, Celani, and Guides. It's best to leave
    it to them whenever possible.

OTHER PLACES TO LOOK FOR HELP
    -----------------------------
    HELP CHANNELS       - Lists the channels and the rules for their use.
    HELP LANGUAGERULES  - About obscene, discriminatory or hacker language.
    HELP ROLEPLAYING    - The other "real" world has no place here.
    HELP SPAMMING       - Repetition and empty communications: what not to do.
    HELP HARASSMENT     - Very serious, and handled very seriously!
                          Please ISSUE for cases of harassment.

(See also: HELP META MONITORS)

• edited September 2012

Flying above Ascending the Shallam Road.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. The Shallam Road ascends
    into the shallow, wooded hills that the founders chose as the site for this impressive city. Simple
    yet elegant, the marble paved road that greets weary travellers as they enter the sprawling hubbub
    of the metropolis is awe-inspiring in its finely crafted architecture. Stone buildings cluster
    around what appears to be the spiritual heart of Shallam, and a breathtaking spire of emerald-hued
    crystal glows with its own light at the centre. All around and on different levels due to the
    convolutions of the hills are the small homes and alleyways that cut in between some of the larger
    structures. Havyn Shu'in-Crescent, Crystalline Stargazer is here, sprawled on the floor. Her face is
    partially concealed beneath a raised hood. She wields an elemental staff in her right hand.
    You see exits leading north, east (open door), southeast, south, and west (open door).

There's a floor in the sky :-/

edit: god these smilies suck

• Nice try, Cooper, but reminders to stay on topic are a glorious thing which anyone can provide. In this case, I shall. This is your last warning. Further derailments will result in post deletions with benefits.

• 9/20/18:09 Menacing Hand has decayed to dust in your absence.

Today is a sad day
  • Delphinus has been whined to death by a loving barmaid.
  • Leighann said:
    Delphinus has been whined to death by a loving barmaid.
    For some reason, I'm reminded of Cherry yelling for Silas... I miss hearing that stuff
    meh

• An innocent tree has been slain by the might of Captain Delphinus Windancer, the Gatecrasher.

Even better!
  • Leighann said:
    An innocent tree has been slain by the might of Captain Delphinus Windancer, the Gatecrasher.

Even better!
    Noooo! @Delphinus is The Lorax! He speaks for the trees!
    meh

• Leighann said:
    An innocent tree has been slain by the might of Captain Delphinus Windancer, the Gatecrasher.

Even better!
    So wait, Delph is Defecting to Mhaldor?  Did he join the Lumberyard?  Hahahaha

• Mizik said:
    5697h, 4045m, 26654e, 20600w cexkdb-
    As you draw Black Crescent from its scabbard, you drive the pommel into Miz's chin.
    5697h, 4045m, 26629e, 20600w cekdb-
    With fluid motions of your iron fingers, you strike precisely at pressure points on Miz's neck.
    5697h, 4045m, 26614e, 20600w cekdb-

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (1.041s)
    5697h, 4045m, 26614e, 20600w cexkdb-
    (svo): System paused.

Miz takes a drink from an oaken vial.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26614e, 20600w cexkdb-
    Black Crescent rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a reptilian scabbard.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26614e, 20600w cexkdb-
    You raise your sword over your head and begin to swing it in a wide circle, gaining speed as you go.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26464e, 20600w cekdb-

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (1.644s)
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26484e, 20600w cexkdb-

You begin to bear down on Miz, preparing to destroy him.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26484e, 20600w cexkdb-

A surge of elation rushes through you as you realise that Miz's fate is sealed. With a roar of triumph, you whip your sword at Miz's neck, slicing his
    head from his shoulders in a veritable fountain of dark red blood.
    You have slain Miz.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ KILLED TARGET @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ KILLED TARGET @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    The corpse of an apathetic gnoll sentinel falls from Miz's corpse.
    The corpse of an apathetic gnoll sentinel falls from Miz's corpse.
    The corpse of an arrogant gnoll woman falls from Miz's corpse.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26324e, 20600w cexkdb-
    You exclaim, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26364e, 20600w cexkdb-

Miz tells you, "And why kill me?"
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26384e, 20600w cexkdb-

Yazuki has been slain in The Theatrum Mortalis by Josoul.
    (p) 5697h, 4045m, 26404e, 20600w cexkdb-
    You have emoted: Mizik closes his eyes as the sky darkens around him. Bolts of lightning strike the street, coursing through his blade. Your beheaded corpse rises before him, then explodes in a shower of gore.
    PK rules, ur doin it wrong.
  • Miz (male Human).
    He is 18 years old, having been born on the 9th of Phaestian, 588 years after
    the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is unranked in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is considered to be approximately 45% of your might.
    His warcry: 'And I am awesome!'

Unleashed Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin (male Human).
    He is 235 years old, having been born on the 12th of Mayan, 370 years after the
    fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 79th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a member of the Quisalis Mark.
    He is a Praetor in Ashtan.
    He is a proud soldier of Ashtan.
    He is a member of the ruling council of Ashtan, with the title of Archon.
    He is considered to be approximately 1490% of your might.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'All men must die.'
    See HONOURS DEEDS MIZIK to view his 6 special honours.

I have this odd feeling you didn't get much power from this one.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Isn't the Miz a professional wrestler now?  The behead was fake, use a steel chair next time.
  • Well, at least one person got it.

Highlander is on Netflix. I'd never seen it before!

• I miss that series. :(

Movies were okay from what I remember.  Sean Connery always a badass.

Tanris got enough arties, good luck Shallam.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Well -.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2012
    Update:

Aslin, Dimatteo, Parsalian, Kyel, Wyverex, Ghia, Salik, Adrielle, Lycienne, Gyrth, Indaba, Zephrinne,
     Kresslack, Naomh, Strata, Jarrod, Greys, Xith, Marina, Avianca, Karoma, Silvarien, Sillias,
    Trilliana, Hannah, Entaro, Vhrunder, Santar, Garrus, Manu, Hhaos, Ulisia, Camden, Skyra, Tarvaan,
    Kayeil, Majin, Thiev, Nat, Jespar, Noristae, Vindur, Easton, Pieridae, Prazhaa, Raz, Jorlan,
    Silvaria, Verily, Tyndaryn, Nizaris, Ashed, Kybrae, Lacy, Brekhira, Rollanz, Yleric, Idelisa, Kinamo,
     Ulrich, Miralath, Lomina, Aeryllin, Kaitali, Isis, Cadoran, Kaie, Bluef, Semele, Vasriia, Militis,
    Zhen, Tanris, Nakari, Mephaos, Doxia, Lianca, Ryley, Rohn, Razori, Kierra, Evans, Aquilos, Xanaphia.
    Plus another 38 whose presence you cannot fully sense.
    7677h, 6253m, 31510e, 23860w cexk-(P)m
    You say in a smooth, low voice, "Tulahuar."
    The gem of cloaking ceases to protect you.
    7677h, 6263m, 31510e, 23860w cexk-(P)m
    Jarrod, Jarrod.
    7677h, 6253m, 31510e, 23860w cexk-(P)m (-10m)
    Ringing through the ether on a resonating harmonic, the voice of the Great Bard resounds, "Didn't
    work, Jarrod. I feel smaller somehow now though."
    Rich, baritone laughter carries in on a warm breeze, sweeping about your shoulders before dispersing.
    7677h, 6263m, 31510e, 23860w cexk-(P)m
    The Divine voice of Scarlatti echoes in your head, "Obvious solution is to make you more like Myself.
    "
    Scarlatti, the Great Bard has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for
    approximately 3 Achaean months.

Thanks Scarlatti for giving me a good laugh before I logged off tonight.

Edit: Since it's not a picture. One of those Jarrods was green. Preceded by this:

Ringing through the ether on a resonating harmonic, the voice of the Great Bard resounds, "I'm going
    to need more artefacts if this costume is to be convincing."

The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms,
    "Meow."

You shout, "Lord Bard, if You'd like to borrow mine, it will be a near-match."
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited September 2012
    - 2012/09/21 06:25:50 - Xith says, "Peak, go serpent."
     2012/09/21 06:26:05 - Xith says, "And call yourself "Sneak Peak.""
    - 2012/09/21 06:26:44 - Dortheron says, "Or he can go Jester and name himself "Freak
    Peak"."
    - 2012/09/21 06:27:24 - Xith says, "Or bard. Play the Peak-olo."
    - 2012/09/21 06:28:16 - Dortheron says, "If he becomes a cook, he could be "Leek Peak"."
    - 2012/09/21 06:28:53 - Militis says, "Pick up the blade and be known as Peakmaster?"

• i get it

the punchline is movies

did i get it
  • Achilles said:
    Movies were okay from what I remember.  Sean Connery always a badass.
    He had a Scottish accent, a Spanish name, a Japanese sword and was apparently advisor to the Spanish king...

Highlander 1 was easily the best of the set - the Kurgan was badass and the entire soundtrack was done by Queen.
    @Luhar - are you saying that's a bad thing?  Ramirez lived for centuries and traveled all over the world.
  • Delphinus said:
    i get it

the punchline is movies

did i get it

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    With absolute pleasure, Kaethryn, the Dominatrix has whipped Selmara into submission.

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Kaethryn does not like other women at all.
  • Turoi said:
    With absolute pleasure, Kaethryn, the Dominatrix has whipped Selmara into submission.

Ha!  Kinky!