Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Midwest (Michigan/Ohio) Meet Discussion!

JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,162 @@ - Legendary Achaean
edited June 2014 in The Wander Inn
Who all lives in MI then? I'll be there in June, let's meet up. 

Post edited by Valnurana on
BluefAveriYangVicious

Comments

• JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,162 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Google images.

;))  O:-)

p.s. I'll take your reply to mean you're in ok.
    AveriRakon
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I pulled out the snowblower yesterday. I had to make a path just to get it to my driveway.
    In some places it's as deep as my hips.

Also, I'm in Michigan.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

JovoloAveri
  • LachlanLachlan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    My bets are most (all of you) are down south, too. We created an ice fort yesterday I could walk into. Yes, it was amazing.
    Averi
    I feel for you. I lived in the desert for a couple of years and now stare at the snow with loathing and hatred. Except when there are ice forts. We don't shovel, though. The lawnmower is also a plow.  :)>-
    YangZincor
  • MathonwyMathonwy Member Posts: 829 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    It was like 60 degrees outside today* and yeah, I did my time in the tundra. Not something I miss.

But! I might be around for a couple of weeks in June. We'll see.

*ETA: as soon as I posted this, it started snowing. I hate the midwest. :(
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    JonathinYangAveriYae
    It's weird because I walked outside an hour ago and it wasn't snowing.
    I walk outside just a few minutes ago and I come in looking like a snowman.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!

LachlanYangAveri
  • MathonwyMathonwy Member Posts: 829 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pff. Nothing more than like two hours north of Lansing is even interesting (except TC I guess).
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    AveriJonathin
    I'm like an hour north of Grand Rapids now.

• BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    We (Kaie & I) are in the Great Lakes Bay Region (Saginaw Township). So we're 2.5 hours from GR and 2 hours from Detroit. It'd be cool to grab a beer or something with everyone sometime when the windchill wasn't -35 degrees (all the schools here are already closed for tomorrow except our college, grrr!).
  • YangYang Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 2014
    I'm down! I grew up around central Michigan (Alma) and usually travel across the state once every month (my parents-in-law live over in the Muskegon area). I learned just last month that downtown Detroit (where I live now)  doesn't plow anything unless there has been 6 inches of snow because there's no money to pay for services. :(

Edit: Punctuation.
    Yang said:
    I'm down! I grew up around central Michigan (Alma) 

How the fuck is that even possible.
    MathonwyYang
  • YangYang Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Lachlan said:
    Yang said:

>.> I tried contacting you at one point but you never responded!
  • KuyKuy Member Posts: 1,497 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There are too many beautiful people in Michigan.

Bomb it.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    LachlanAveriRakonJonathinBluef
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kuy said:
    There are too many beautiful people in Michigan.

Bomb it.
    Llyweith
    edited January 2014

Yang said:
    Lachlan said:
    Yang said:

>.> I tried contacting you at one point but you never responded!
    I'm such a social person that I can't imagine why this would be a problem.  :-\"

Edit: Quoting is terrible.

• AveriAveri Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited January 2014
    I might actually be moving to Ohio then.  -Gasp- But I'd still be down for this if you all are.  It's not THAT long of a drive. :')

Or we could like go to Cedar Point or something. :D
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    BluefMazothLlyweith
    edited January 2014
    YES!!!!!!!

I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    @Valnurana @Tecton

Could one of you retitle this as Midwest Cedar Point trip or something?  Since it's no longer restricted to MI?? 
  • ValnuranaValnurana Moderator Posts: 129 Immortal
    I changed the title but I'll let you guys all settle the location/date amongst yourselves before making it more official. We are willing to show up even if it doesn't involve thrill rides. ;)

There's also Michigan Adventure, Detroit Zoo, Greenfield Village, Soaring Eagle that all lend themselves to groups and have at least a few hours worth of things to do, and may be easier for more Michigan folks to attend since that was the original goal here. You could also consider music festivals, or meeting at a park for a few hours and heading to a restaurant/brewery/whatever afterwards.
    AveriBluef
    edited January 2014
    Very true! Greenfield Village is really fun too, esp during the Maker Faire.  Idk when that is though and it might be earlier. It's also REALLY far away time wise. :< I'm not even sure what's going on next mo let alone 5 mo from now.

Edit: I think there's a Steampunk Convention as well. But that's in May, if I remember correctly.
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to drive all the way down to Sandusky, unless some people just want to do a ride share or something.
    Actually, I don't think my car would make it all the way to Sandusky at this point.

ETA: Or A2 (it took me at least 5 minutes to figure out that this was Ann Arbor) or Detroit would be acceptable alternatives.
    Post edited by Jonathin on

Averi
    I live in AA so that would be less travel for me! I approve
  • GibbiGibbi Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If someone could give me a ride, I would gladly pay for gas.  Looking at you, @Trey, since you're in my county.  

I'd drive myself, but I am coming up on the 1-year anniversary of flipping my jeep down a hill and still don't have a new ride. 

I have undressed a god.

Sign In to Comment.