Midwest (Michigan/Ohio) Meet Discussion!

edited June 2014 in The Wander Inn
Who all lives in MI then? I'll be there in June, let's meet up. 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Google images.

;))  O:-)

p.s. I'll take your reply to mean you're in ok.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I pulled out the snowblower yesterday. I had to make a path just to get it to my driveway.
    In some places it's as deep as my hips.

Also, I'm in Michigan.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • My bets are most (all of you) are down south, too. We created an ice fort yesterday I could walk into. Yes, it was amazing.
  • I feel for you. I lived in the desert for a couple of years and now stare at the snow with loathing and hatred. Except when there are ice forts. We don't shovel, though. The lawnmower is also a plow.  :)>-
  • edited January 2014
    It was like 60 degrees outside today* and yeah, I did my time in the tundra. Not something I miss.

But! I might be around for a couple of weeks in June. We'll see.

*ETA: as soon as I posted this, it started snowing. I hate the midwest. :(
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    It's weird because I walked outside an hour ago and it wasn't snowing.
    I walk outside just a few minutes ago and I come in looking like a snowman.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Pff. Nothing more than like two hours north of Lansing is even interesting (except TC I guess).
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    I'm like an hour north of Grand Rapids now.
  • We (Kaie & I) are in the Great Lakes Bay Region (Saginaw Township). So we're 2.5 hours from GR and 2 hours from Detroit. It'd be cool to grab a beer or something with everyone sometime when the windchill wasn't -35 degrees (all the schools here are already closed for tomorrow except our college, grrr!).
  • edited January 2014
    I'm down! I grew up around central Michigan (Alma) and usually travel across the state once every month (my parents-in-law live over in the Muskegon area). I learned just last month that downtown Detroit (where I live now)  doesn't plow anything unless there has been 6 inches of snow because there's no money to pay for services. :(

Edit: Punctuation.
  • Yang said:
    I'm down! I grew up around central Michigan (Alma) 

How the fuck is that even possible.
  • Lachlan said:
    Yang said:

>.> I tried contacting you at one point but you never responded!
  • There are too many beautiful people in Michigan.

Bomb it.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kuy said:
    There are too many beautiful people in Michigan.

Bomb it.
  • edited January 2014

Yang said:
    Lachlan said:
    Yang said:

>.> I tried contacting you at one point but you never responded!
    I'm such a social person that I can't imagine why this would be a problem.  :-\"

Edit: Quoting is terrible.

• edited January 2014
    I might actually be moving to Ohio then.  -Gasp- But I'd still be down for this if you all are.  It's not THAT long of a drive. :')

Or we could like go to Cedar Point or something. :D
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited January 2014
    YES!!!!!!!

I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Valnurana @Tecton

Could one of you retitle this as Midwest Cedar Point trip or something?  Since it's no longer restricted to MI?? 
  • I changed the title but I'll let you guys all settle the location/date amongst yourselves before making it more official. We are willing to show up even if it doesn't involve thrill rides. ;)

There's also Michigan Adventure, Detroit Zoo, Greenfield Village, Soaring Eagle that all lend themselves to groups and have at least a few hours worth of things to do, and may be easier for more Michigan folks to attend since that was the original goal here. You could also consider music festivals, or meeting at a park for a few hours and heading to a restaurant/brewery/whatever afterwards.
  • edited January 2014
    Very true! Greenfield Village is really fun too, esp during the Maker Faire.  Idk when that is though and it might be earlier. It's also REALLY far away time wise. :< I'm not even sure what's going on next mo let alone 5 mo from now.

Edit: I think there's a Steampunk Convention as well. But that's in May, if I remember correctly.
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to drive all the way down to Sandusky, unless some people just want to do a ride share or something.
    Actually, I don't think my car would make it all the way to Sandusky at this point.

ETA: Or A2 (it took me at least 5 minutes to figure out that this was Ann Arbor) or Detroit would be acceptable alternatives.
  • I live in AA so that would be less travel for me! I approve
  • If someone could give me a ride, I would gladly pay for gas.  Looking at you, @Trey, since you're in my county.  

I'd drive myself, but I am coming up on the 1-year anniversary of flipping my jeep down a hill and still don't have a new ride. 

I have undressed a god.