Midwest (Michigan/Ohio) Meet Discussion!

Comments

• Well I'm better than ALL of you.
  • Cooper said:
    People like you should have their licenses revoked. And also people who tailgate. But what you do is dangerous as hell and can easily cause accidents.
    I live in New Jersey, they treat Tailgating almost as bad as vehicular homicide... I got a ticket for tailgaiting.. 400 dollar fine and could have gotten 6 points and have my license suspended for a year...
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Riley said:
    Cooper said:
    People like you should have their licenses revoked. And also people who tailgate. But what you do is dangerous as hell and can easily cause accidents.
    I live in New Jersey, they treat Tailgating almost as bad as vehicular homicide... I got a ticket for tailgaiting.. 400 dollar fine and could have gotten 6 points and have my license suspended for a year...
    Moar of this in Cali please. @taraus for the totes agreement.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    loltailgating

I agree, tailgating is dangerous and stupid. I am, however, a big fan of "get up there and chase that slow bitch out of the way". Mostly because people like to stop like there's an award for brake usage, and also won't start going again until they've got an engraved invitation. And then they just fucking -creep-. Hngh.

• BUMP

Only a couple months away! 
  • I shall grace (/curse) you all with my presence.
  • edited April 2014
    Really? This is turning out to be bloody awesome!

Can we pin official dates? I'm good for 28th - 29th weekend.
  • i thought the dates were in the title of the thread.

I might be going, too, just need to lock down a hotel before my wife changes her mind.

Where's everyone staying?
  • Dates are June 21-22 in the title.

Haven't decided where I'm staying, but it's likely one of two things:
    1.) In your room with your wife sleeping on the ground
    2.) Next door to you with the adjacent doors open for easiest drunken crawling to my bed

• Yeah but that ws Val just setting somwthing random. We decided 28th weekend later but I don't mind, I'm only there on the latter weekend. Could just say both weekends and if you are there then you are there
  • edited April 2014
    @Valnurana suggested 21-22 with 21 in AA and 22 in Sandusky (i.e. Cedar Pt).  

@Jovolo can't be there until the 28th/29th.  It was suggested that we could push it back to that weekend.  So 28th in AA and 29th in Sandusky. 

Personally, I think it's a bit too much travel in a weekend. (it's like a 2.5 hr drive one way) especially since most of you are probably not from AA or Sandusky and have to drive in already.  

It was then suggested that we have a meet in AA on the 21st and in Sandusky on the 28/29th. 

So aside from it being somewhere in late June, no timeline has been really concretely established. Thoughts? Suggestions? etc? 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited April 2014
    I have no plans on either weekend. Still have the ability to pick people up.
    Also, if you don't like the smell of cigarette smoke, me picking you up is not a good idea because my soccermomvan reeks of it.

Oh, to answer the question: I will be staying wherever I feel like, if I don't just drive back home.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I'll likely be in Cedar Point the 21st and the 22nd. Ann Arbor is about an hour and fifty minutes away from Sandusky, so I am going to pass on that portion.

• edited April 2014
    In conjunction with the whole trying to figure this out in detail thing, I did a role call. Let me know if I missed anyone.

If you guys can remind me whether you're interested in the AA meetup or the Cedar point one, that'd be nice too.  And which weekend(s) (21/22 or 28/29) you guys are free.

This is looking like sort of a huge deal. B) 

I made a paste to keep track of all of this. XD
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Right now my job situation's pretty well good and fucked, but assuming I've worked it out and can afford it, I'm down for whenever the AA meetup is.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Trey said:
    Right now my job situation's pretty well good and fucked, but assuming I've worked it out and can afford it, I'm down for whenever the AA meetup is.
    Ah yes same here. Hopefully I'll be able to make at least one of the two. I have no idea at this point if I'm going to be out of town or not yet.
  • I'd love to go to both, but work and transportation may be limiting factors. I've gotten a few really generous ride offers, but I am apprehensive regardless.

On the bright side, for Ann Arbor, I can take a train there. That comes with it's own set of snags, but would be better than relying on someone for the trip both ways.

I have undressed a god.

• I'm not too far away. I might attend if @Khairt agrees to carry me around in one of these.

• edited April 2014
    I'm good to go for either weekend probably. Prefer 21-22. Probably will drive into Sandusky on the 20th and stay in CP.

• I have a wedding in Michigan on the 21st so if you do 21-22 I MIGHT be able to do the 22nd depending on how long I get off of work.  If you make the plans I'll do what I can. Always up for Cedar Point.

• I'm good for either weekend right now, although Ann Arbor is about two and a half hours away and Sandusky about half that, so splitting them up would be preferable I think. But I'd like to come to both of them anyway.

Now, the question is whether my car will remain in one piece until then...

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I'm good for either weekend as of right now. I would prefer AA, but might be swayed to do both.
  • Official AA meet on 21st & 22nd, official Cedar Point meet on 28th & 29th?
  • @Tecton, @Makarios, and I can do this on one weekend only! The 28th/29th looks like the better choice.

We can do one day or two. I mainly suggested doing Ann Arbor on Saturday and Cedar Point on Sunday for the benefit of those who only want to do one or the other. If we're only going to pick one day for the "official" meet, I would say let's do Ann Arbor on Saturday, and then whoever wants to go to Cedar Point, we'll go Sunday. Chances are we would split up into smaller groups at Cedar Point anyway, rather than walking around as one big group, though of course it depends on how many people show up.

For those who do have to drive a distance and would like to be there both days, I'd recommend staying overnight in the area rather than driving back and forth on both days, particularly if you can split the cost of a hotel with others. That way you don't have a long late-night drive nor a long early-morning drive. I'm happy to make some suggestions for where to stay.

Those considering their budget - if you plan $50 a day for food/drink, $100 for a hotel on Saturday night, $50 for a tank of gas, and $50 for tickets to Cedar Point then you are looking at $300 for the weekend. You can easily do this for less if you split costs!
  • I'll share a hotel with someone. I would also gladly cover gas and my own food.

I have undressed a god.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    28th and 29th works for me. Make it so. Engage.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Either my sister can/will be back in town, and can bring me to AA, or I can't get there.

She drives an RV.

I can't commit, because til she's back in Minneapolis, I don't know if it's even possible for me.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited April 2014
    I'll only be at Cedar point then on the 29th. that goes for @Jovolo as well. :)
  • I would totally would be at this if it was the 21-22.  Have fun, friends. 
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    21/22 house warming party
    28/29 Dayton air show and I'll be working the Amar India booth.