Quick Questions

Comments

•  Total Time Played: 221 days, 9 hours and 12 minutes 

Looks like I'm right on schedule.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Does Sylvan Thornrend scale with skill in elementalism?
  • Bishan said:
    Does Sylvan Thornrend scale with skill in elementalism?
    No. But Viridian is gained at Mythical IIRC, so there's not much of the skill left for it to scale with.

Unlike other classes with abilities that scale with skillrank - Occultist and Warp, Jester and Bop, Apostate and Decay - sylvans gain new, more powerful abilities as they rank up through the skill: Stonefist, then Firelash, then Viridian.
  • edited February 2014
    Bishan said:
    Does Sylvan Thornrend scale with skill in elementalism?
    No. But Viridian is gained at Mythical IIRC, so there's not much of the skill left for it to scale with.

Unlike other classes with abilities that scale with skillrank - Occultist and Warp, Jester and Bop, Apostate and Decay - sylvans gain new, more powerful abilities as they rank up through the skill: Stonefist, then Firelash, then Viridian.
    Thank you, the late acquisition of the skill is what prompted me to ask. 

Edit: Also, it is Mythical for confirmation
  • Firelash is actually before stonefist, now. Been that way ever since classleads.

• Daeir said:
    I wonder if stonefist is superior at 12 str to firelash at 12 int.
    Ooo, so do I! But I think Stonefist was given a buff to be more useful at early stages to save on mana. Could be wrong on that but I tell that to novices since a lot of things die very easily from punches with stonefist.
  • Firelash is far superior. I think there has to be a much larger disparity between int and str for stonefist to be viable. 

• Does stonefist just modify the base newbie punch, or is it its own attack? If the former, the scaling with denizen health on punch would probably make stonefist better against denizens above a certain health threshold.
  • Eld said:
    Does stonefist just modify the base newbie punch, or is it its own attack? If the former, the scaling with denizen health on punch would probably make stonefist better against denizens above a certain health threshold.
    modifies newbie punch. 

• IIRC it takes out (maybe just reduces?) the max health component and increases the static portion, meaning stonefist actually decreases your damage against high health mobs. Could be remembering my testing wrong though.
  • It still scales with max health, but not as much as normal punch. Punch is pretty inaccurate against strong denizens where the health scaling makes it beat firelash though.
  • edited March 2014
    if I have an idea for an event (Divinely guided), who do I contact about that?

• if I have an idea for an event (Divinely guided), who do I contact about that?
    events@achaea.com, I believe.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Eld said:
    if I have an idea for an event (Divinely guided), who do I contact about that?
    events@achaea.com, I believe.
    actually depends, @Mithridates the events email is the general one, but if it'll be limitted to your city alone, best to ask Aurora and Deucalion ingame through messages first, start it with the generic "I have an idea" and if they see fit they'll redirect you to either the Events@achaea.com , or their own @achaea email adresses
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• how does qstaff flail stack up against shields? Are they even comparable?
  • 40/40 shield, essentially.  Better than literally everything else in the game (at least, off the numbers that I was told a while back, they may have changed.)
  • Wow, alrighty then, thanks.  Even if it's half of that...still good
  • edited March 2014
    Not directly comparable to shields or armour (except to say that it's almost always better than any non-absorption shield). If I remember right, flail staff is 15% blunt/cutting/magical resistance, but I'm on my phone so I can't check.
  • I'd go with Sena's word with it on this one, but point is, it's better than most any shield you can get.  I just know what I was quoted, and I didn't feel like testing out the specifics :)
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
  • Every day that I read the forums I get one day closer to making a Sylvan alt and just owning face all day.
  • Jovolo said:
    Still waiting for that elaboration on unstoppable heartseed kill.

• Trey said:
    Jovolo said:
    Still waiting for that elaboration on unstoppable heartseed kill.

Seriously, tell me.  I must know
  • I know things have changed a bit since I was active last, but if an RP reason can be dreamed up for any gank, can you not hire?
  • Lyr said:
    I know things have changed a bit since I was active last, but if an RP reason can be dreamed up for any gank, can you not hire?
    If you have a reason to kill someone, you can hire on them. Just be sure you're confident that you can defend that reason after the fact if you get called on it, since you're the one responsible for the death if the mark succeeds.
  • When will y700 be in real life time?
  • Rough calculation: End of November or beginning of December 2015. Assuming 12 RL days per IG year, that's 600 days or about 20 months.
  • Jovolo said:
    When will y700 be in real life time?
    Achaean date 1 Sarapin, year 700 at midnight would be 12/1/2015 at 7:00
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Antonius you can quite accurately see when something will occur when you assume 12RL days + 12 hours per IG year, so 25 RL days per 2 years. so noting as how it is now Y649 and Y650 events will occur in approx. 11 days and 15 hours. You can then add up for the 50 other years, being 625 days. On that note, Y700 events will be in exactly 636 days and 15 hours from this post.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."