Quick Questions

Comments

• Scarlatti said:
    Scarlatti vs Vastar: the abs edition. (No theme)
    image Abdominal snowman

I wanted to find the clip of Abdomino's Pizza, but only found this.
    Just pretend I succeeded.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Won't aim to kill be pointless since major traits are not active in dragon form?

• Arador said:
    Won't aim to kill be pointless since major traits are not active in dragon form?
    Only if you bash in dragon.
  • So pointless to everyone who isn't a monk.
  • Or a Priest.  Or a knight.  Or a fair other number of classes.
  • Magi bashing is great. It's probably the second or third best bashing class. 

• edited March 2014
    Shecks said:

So pointless to everyone who isn't a monk.

Sorry, I meant for dragons. If I understand correctly, monk is the only class that's faster than dragon, due to insane crit rate.
  • edited March 2014
    Magi bashing okay. Bit on the slower side. Though... I have 13 int in lesser, so. :-\"

• The higher int you have the more damage you do obviously, But you also take less damage via diamondskin and stoneskin buff

• @Daeir You forgot Shaman :(

Shaman bashing, in my opinion, is awesome even with low intelligence. It's fast but you drain on WP like crazy though, but it works for me because I don't like hunting. Just go out kill a bunch of stuff until I drain on WP then go back to the city and meditate. And the speed @_@ I love it!
  • Can HELP LORIELAN be updated please? The scroll is outdated and just conflicts with the storyline. A quick small paragraph of who she is and what she did (during the bal'met) would still be helpful and keep the mystery quality.
  • Asmodron said:
    Can HELP LORIELAN be updated please? The scroll is outdated and just conflicts with the storyline. A quick small paragraph of who she is and what she did (during the bal'met) would still be helpful and keep the mystery quality.
    I would submit that via the IDEA system or the BUG system, someone'll take care of it one way or another that way and it'll show up on developer / Divine todo lists.  They're really good at responding and taking care of things submitted that way.
  • Penwize said:
    Asmodron said:
    Can HELP LORIELAN be updated please? The scroll is outdated and just conflicts with the storyline. A quick small paragraph of who she is and what she did (during the bal'met) would still be helpful and keep the mystery quality.
    I would submit that via the IDEA system or the BUG system, someone'll take care of it one way or another that way and it'll show up on developer / Divine todo lists.  They're really good at responding and taking care of things submitted that way.
    Your idea #16 has been approved for implementation.

Done ^^
  • So how is combat initiated? Is it as simple as, for example only, standing at the gatehouse then someone saying 'Man I'm bored, wanna go fight?'  I'm still a good ways from getting involved, lacking certain necessary defenses and even some offense abilities, but was more curious as to how the conflicts are initiated.
  • Asmodron said:
    Penwize said:
    Asmodron said:
    Your idea #16 has been approved for implementation.

Done ^^
    They always say they are approved at first, then one day they are erased and you get a message saying.

• Bishan said:
    So how is combat initiated? Is it as simple as, for example only, standing at the gatehouse then someone saying 'Man I'm bored, wanna go fight?'  I'm still a good ways from getting involved, lacking certain necessary defenses and even some offense abilities, but was more curious as to how the conflicts are initiated.
    It can be as simple as asking over CT or HT if anyone wants to spar.  Lots of people are open to that, and love the opportunity to practice or help someone else get into it.  Then just head on over to the arena with them and fight them in there.  That's probably the best way to start learning, since most of the other forms of conflict are going to be a lot more heated (and way more spammy due to number of participants) and thus a bit more difficult to learn from when you start.
  • Last time I got into a one on one fight, I went to New North of Thera, prodded Dalran in the chest, and then said we had a score to settle. Then we started fighting. 

• Monk > Magi > Runie is top hunting.
    Jester and shaman only count for speed and being good at hit and run. Artie blackjack with runes is different
  • edited March 2014
    Did... Did you just say Magi > Runewarden for bashing...?

Maybe if you're just trans'd Chivalry, and the Magi is fully arti'd...

Tri-trans'd, trans avoidance + legendary mount, fullplate, runes + con spec. Tank everything for days without needing to run at all. Use literally 0 endurance with only like 90 lessons info Fitness... :|

Throw in a sip ring and you're basically god.

Monk (from an overall standpoint, not best in every aspect) > Knight > Sylvan > Others, tbh. Would prolly rate Knight the best if completely unartied, from personal experience.

• Far as I can tell, bard bashing should be right up there with monk/knight, due to the two strong hits able to crit, their free shield break and their tankiness.  Obviously have not tried it, but from what I've been told and seen, it should be.
  • I suspect bard might be artie-dependent to be excellent, and the difference in bashing between an unartied bard and an artied bard is pretty stark; less so than in, say, knights.
  • @Cynlael mount doesn't do squat for bashing, except for gallop and fly.

Infernal > Runewarden though, because it's beefier, has frenzy, and you can still just get runes from other people.

• Anedhel said:
    I suspect bard might be artie-dependent to be excellent, and the difference in bashing between an unartied bard and an artied bard is pretty stark; less so than in, say, knights.
    Bard does great damage for bashing, at a good speed with two crit chances, also has dwinnu and cantata so your damage basically doesn't get slowed by anything. Tune is good, leather sucks but if you can handle the extra 2 seconds per room, continuo is utterly ridiculous.

As always I would recommend ignoring Xith's advice on combat/bashing.
  • Cynlael said:

Did... Did you just say Magi > Runewarden for bashing...?

Maybe if you're just trans'd Chivalry, and the Magi is fully arti'd...

Tri-trans'd, trans avoidance + legendary mount, fullplate, runes + con spec. Tank everything for days without needing to run at all. Use literally 0 endurance with only like 90 lessons info Fitness... :|

Throw in a sip ring and you're basically god.

Monk (from an overall standpoint, not best in every aspect) > Knight > Sylvan > Others, tbh. Would prolly rate Knight the best if completely unartied, from personal experience.

---------------
    Yeah. Magi have harmony, adduction, reflection, stormhammer. Staffcast is pretty good damage for the balance but you can mow down non chasers in massive groups with stormhammers and adduction. It would top out but then you get crits on your casts. Runie has more steady hunting and tankiness, they might win in straight force but magi have incomparable hit/run with adduction so they can hunt Delos guards and stuff early on.
  • Xith said:
    Staffcast is pretty good damage for the balance
    If by good you mean one of the worst, then yeah.
  • What? Staffcast is awesome when you int spec. 

• Magi is probably like 6th or 7th in terms of "best"
  • What? Staffcast is awesome when you int spec. 
    Staffcast is one of the worst dps bashing attacks, as well as being slow and single hit (bad for crits)
  • @Xith Why would you even bother to hit and run as a Runewarden? Rofl.
    Jovolo said:
    Magi is probably like 6th or 7th in terms of "best"
    This.