Quick Questions

Comments

• Adrik said:
    Skye said:
    That's a surprisingly large percentage of cityless rogues
    mudsex alts at Brass Lantern Inn.
    I had two random newbies send me tells as soon as I exited the starter tutorial. Conversations quickly devolved into them each talking about hunting naked and other suggestive stuff. Mudsex is fine, but that feels predatory. I just turned tells off and did a namechange, but I've played IRE games before and knew those options existed.
  • that's the game. People come for the mudsex, stay for the in depth combat mechanics and sunk cost fallacies
  • edited May 2020
    Here's what I have, up-to-date as of about 30 seconds ago. (I use RANKINGS EXPLORERS to build it, since RANKINGS XP has no way to really isolate player names. Then I just removed everyone under level 50). Doesn't account for multi-class though. May not be reflective of how many are actually active, just how many are ranked.

And here's for level 80+

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• So you're saying that if the rogues all joined together, the only city that could beat them off would be Cyrene? (pun heavily intended)
  • Damn but shouldn't be surprised at the large amount of rouges ahem

• edited May 2020
    If all runewardens or serpents teamed up, they'd do it as well!

#classpride

P.S. Seems interesting how much fewer monks we now have than in that older one. Were those old statistics from before monk PvE was nerfed?

P.P.S. I'm probably going to feel pretty stupid soon, but how are people getting all this house/class information? Also: can't you even hide yourself from CLASSWHO anymore?
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Iocun said:

#classpride

P.S. Seems interesting how much fewer monks we now have than in that older one. Were those old statistics from before monk PvE was nerfed?

P.P.S. I'm probably going to feel pretty stupid soon, but how are people getting all this house/class information? Also: can't you even hide yourself from CLASSWHO anymore?
    There is a CONFIG option for whether to be shown on CLASSWHO or not.

• Oh, right, I looked for it and somehow overlooked it, so I thought it had gone.
  • I'm sad there are so few apostates. Thematically fantastic class that has some serious potential in PvP. And before the "But factional!" rants, there are 25 Priests and 7 Apostates in the 80+ data Saonji shows.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iocun said:

#classpride

https://api.achaea.com/characters/Iocun.json

• edited May 2020
    Saonji said:
    Iocun said:

#classpride

https://api.achaea.com/characters/Iocun.json

Ah, thanks a lot. That's interesting! Is that actually intentional, considering that this information is hidden in-game (HONOURS etc.)? This almost calls for people to drag OOC information into the game...
  • You can hide orgs from the API. I forget the setting for it, but it will show city and house as (hidden).

• CONFIG HIDEBANNERORGS I think
  • edited May 2020
    Just checked. It's just HIDEBANNERORGS. Still curious that you can't hide the other information though, particularly class.
  • Not like it matters.

• IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    I recently saw a flame-wreathed suit of armor. I was curious, how did they get that descriptor as no new descriptors are gained being a grandmaster or legendary smith?

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Could be artie armor. It's customizable. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• I think that's an Artie / Card / Talisman that gives that, as Avery made me some fairly recently. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited May 2020
    Is writhe like restoration in that there is a 'completion' of the writhe that processes even if the initial entangle/impale/etc. has been cleared (say by a disembowel or similar)? And if so, what's the time frame?
  • Isaiah said:
    I recently saw a flame-wreathed suit of armor. I was curious, how did they get that descriptor as no new descriptors are gained being a grandmaster or legendary smith?

The talisman  "a tash'la earthshaping tome" gives you access to that the others listed below.

cyclonic iojian  jagged liquidinous  mineralised      
  • Davok said:
    Is writhe like restoration in that there is a 'completion' of the writhe that processes even if the initial entangle/impale/etc. has been cleared (say by a disembowel or similar)? And if so, what's the time frame?
    Yes, it is, but I'm afraid I don't know the time frame. I think it'd just be the standard writhe time. 
  • Davok said:
    Kind of. Not everything you writhe from stacks. 

If I web you, and you start to writhe, and I web you again before you finish, you don't have to writhe twice. 

If I web you, and you start to writhe, and I impale you, you won't be rid of impale by the time you've writhed from web, because impale doesn't stack with anything else, in terms of writhing. 

I -think- transfixation is also like that, but I'm not sure about the different kinds of roping (hangedman vs. subterfuge vs. nairat), although my instinct tells me that if you hit nairat and I web you, you might have to writhe twice. That's totally me guessing though, I haven't sat down to screw around with different entanglements in ages and I don't remember all of it, tbh. 
  • I had a case where I impaled someone a second time following a disembowel being writhed off, despite a target still having two damaged legs at the time of the second impale. I'm starting to wonder if it is a bug, I guess I will see if I can reproduce it.
  • edited May 2020
    If you web someone and they writhe, dragonflex out, and then you web them again, that first writhe continues and they escape without a second writhe.

Impale works the same way to prevent BMs from being able to loop withdraw/impale indefinitely with their quicker impale balance. I was skeptical of the possiblity of impaling, DSBing, and then re-impaling before the writhe completes, but the math suggests that you only need a 1.8 second delay on the first writhe for that to happen. Interesting.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    @Ozmatiah which set are they part of?

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• It's the Yggdrasil set and you can only get the pieces by completing quests in each of the regions.

Whether or not quest talismans like this can be traded, I do not know.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• They can be.

edited May 2020
    So phased people can be spotted by other phased and astralform people. But there seems to be other ways to spot/sense as well... Anyone know in what additional ways?

• edited May 2020
    Think angel/demon presences had some way of seeing them? I recall there was some way priests could at least. Think maybe it shows they're phased, just not where.

Mindnet I believe shows them entering your area, if they don't evade in.

Saonji said:
    Think angel/demon presences had some way of seeing them? I recall there was some way priests could at least. Think maybe it shows they're phased, just not where.

Mindnet I believe shows them entering your area, if they don't evade in.
    Thanks, that's helpful.