Quick Questions

Comments

• Can you give a crew-altering talisman / 'artefact' to someone else, if it's not resetting? Would they be able to use it instead of you, despite it 'bearing your mark'?
  • If you trust them, you can probably just transfer the ship, get them to use the talisman, then transfer it back.

• I'm going back to the roots of the thread here to ask about classleads again.

@Makarios , any updates here? Quite a chunky amount of classleads approved from the October series haven't been implemented yet and we're, to my understanding, already a month behind on Q1 of 2020. Not demanding movement or anything, but it would be convenient to know what the status is...
  • There's always a handful of classleads from the last round that get approved but for some reason or another aren't completed, so that much is pretty normal.
  • War talismans are all valued at 80cr, and the pieces will tradein for 10 bound cr.

Does this not include the pieces you get via adventures? Where is this information listed, if so?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• edited February 2020
    Vhaith said:
    War talismans are all valued at 80cr, and the pieces will tradein for 10 bound cr.

Does this not include the pieces you get via adventures? Where is this information listed, if so?
    They are coded with quest as their source type. As such, I don't think they have a tradein value. Definitely not able to redeem my piece. 
  • Is there a system for Nexus around that handles defence and is more or less customisable? Something like wunder? 
  • edited March 2020
    How do you fix miner squad numbers.
  • You don't.
  • Wonderful. There goes two years I guess.
  • I've idea'd solutions two or three times (and others have multiple times as well) and each idea has been supported but nothing has happened. It's been at least six months too.
  • You can use squads that aren't full, it is a complete non-issue.

• If squads that aren't full are in any way weaker or slower, even slightly, it's an issue. They take AGES to train if you're not rich enough to just buy up tons of minerals for them. Beginning from level 1 all over again to make sure you're not moving slower than others / opening yourself up to more chances for assaults (and thus more losses) is an annoyance.
  • They aren't in any way weaker or slower. It is slightly annoying to have to pair up partial squads, but you can always retire that particular squad and start over at level 1.

If you got hit with the bug that combines a ton of squads into one mega squad, that can be a problem but it is also fixed by an issue me.

Attacking/being attacked is part of mining, and you might be surprised at how thin people run their mines outside of Proficy (he has his squads maxed out, and I gave him a couple hundred silathyst/qwindorium along with what he already has, if you want to hit a mine of his it is definitely going to cost you a lot of troops).

• Luckily I haven't had to deal with it from the army squads since they got full wiped (lucky? hmmm...) But it WOULD be nice to buy out the remainder of a squad. I've got like 5-7 lvl 8-9 squads that all have between 17-19 miners in them. I -know- there's a discrepancy in miners, because the cost per day to have them mine is 100 gold less than sticking full squads of miners in, despite best efforts to fill the mine efficiently. I'm not a great min/maxer, but I'm sure if somebody did the math there'd be some sort of issue here compared to squads of a comparable level with 20 miners in them.

I don't really care, but if that was your focus I can see it getting irritating to have to scrap a 'nearly' full squad because they'd never be as strong as a comparable full squad
  • Is there a way to tell which items on the Artefact Cart are further discounted? I know the first week was Rondels, but it's supposed to be 'select offensive items' and I can't tell which ones they are without going through and selecting each one on the website. 
  • edited April 2020
    Paux said:
    Is there a way to tell which items on the Artefact Cart are further discounted? I know the first week was Rondels, but it's supposed to be 'select offensive items' and I can't tell which ones they are without going through and selecting each one on the website. 
    I just checked the cart. As of right now, it's still the artefact armour items that are further discounted on the cart.

ETA: Wait, I may be wrong. Checked the price of rondels and things off the help stuff. Turns out I didn't know the base prices as well as I thought.

Nope, yeah, it should still be the artefact armour items with the further discount. Checked against Delos. Gilded Rondel is 350cr in Delos, 315cr on the Artie Cart and HELP ARTEFACT ARMOUR. Then you get the monetary discount on the cost of 315cr on the Artie Cart.

Nacreous deltahedral paragon also 1900cr at Delos, but 1710cr on Artie Cart and in the help file.

I just eyeball the credit price listed on the artie cart and if that's lower than what I'm used to seeing when I gaze lasciviously at all the arties I can't afford in Delos, that's the thing with the further discount.
  • Can you nondecay a shimmering orb, and if so, does it maintain its effects?
  • You can't customise enchantment objects, so no non decay orbs, sigils ect.
  • I sent in a submission for the Artisanal Contest, and rapidly received an email saying there's no contest going on presently. Do I have to wait for the 19th to send it in?
  • Does anyone have the crit chance percentages per level on hand? Pre-arties.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• I'm coming back to the game after a few years away, and on top of trying to catch up with all the other stuff that's gone on I'm trying to figure out what my best strategy is for bashing now. I've got DW and Shaman and I know Shaman used to be far ahead in terms of hunting and curse/jinx was the way to go, but I'm not sure if that's changed. For reference I have lvl 3 scythe and a dagger for DW. Also have lvl 2 faster eq, lvl 2 magic damage, lvl 2 crit and all +1 stat arties, plus all the defensive/healing stuff.
  • DW is awful for bashing based on my firsthand experience. I picked up an Elemental Lord class for bashing instead. Shaman is supposed to be pretty good, I think you'd see better results with that. 
  • Shaman is definitely good for bashing, and a recent change makes curse/jinx hit through denizen shields.
  • So I assume that means curse/jinx is the best attack for bashing then? I think invoke roar used to maybe scale higher with arties, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case or what the cutoff was for that.
  • Roar has never been better. It was only good for bypassing shield. And even then it was slow as shit without a diadem.
  • edited April 2020
    Quick poll: Is shrubbing an IC punishment or strictly an administration punishment?
  • The latter, since it can't- to my knowledge- be given by any admin with an IC role.
  • Do you no longer gain an increase to your max stats everytime you level up? I just went from 93 to 94 and nothing changed stat wise. Unless its always been like this and I just am misremembering?