Quick Questions

Comments

• I was wondering how the “official” rp behind serpents go. When you take the class are you supposed to actually become a serpent? I.e. the whole growing venom sacs and fangs when you take the class. Also, does scales make them grow on the outside of raja fur?
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • edited October 2018
    I pretend I don't have fangs, that my character is just practiced in the more sneaky arts.  Torinn is a man who is a priest by occupation, everything else is additional or supplemental training.  No matter what class he is mechanically, he is a priest.  You can play your character however you want though.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited October 2018
    The official lore behind the serpent class is pretty much that the first few generations of humans after the rape of Maya still had plenty of chaos in their blood so the offspring tended to have mutations. Two children, Loki and Ekanel, were born with slightly serpentine mutations and eventually ate their siblings before going forward and having many offspring that would culminate in the serpent class you see today.

I guess the ideal idea is that every serpent is a descendant of the original two, in some way. So yes, you would have fangs and venom glands to pump venom through those fangs. I suppose fang size could vary between easily hidden and very distinguishable. As for the scales, I think there is more interpretation there. Personally, I imagine it just turning your skin kinda scaly, not as distinct as a Xorans scales but something you could feel with a touch, and that most of the protection comes from the magic weaved in. So I guess it would be underneath the fur of a rajamala.

• Taryius said:
    ... I suppose fang size could vary between easily hidden and very distinguishable...

DIBS on 'coin-sized fangs'

• Holstein said:
    I was wondering how the “official” rp behind serpents go. When you take the class are you supposed to actually become a serpent? I.e. the whole growing venom sacs and fangs when you take the class. Also, does scales make them grow on the outside of raja fur?
    Most people RP small and/or retractable fangs, some people have over-developed ones. Generally people, myself included, just pretend the scales aren't there or are nigh-invisible. I really have no idea how they'd interact with raja fur.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Did we ever get word on if pocketbelts could be nondecayed or not?
  • Is a bard’s jab speed affected by weaponry?
  • Riell said:
    Is a bard’s jab speed affected by weaponry?
    Pretty sure they're the same as knight, wherein they get a very minor boost in speed from transing both. Used to be full benefit from the trans'd one, and 10% benefit from the non-trans'd one (10% lesson wise, not a 10% reduction in speed).

• No. It's all covered in HELP WEAPONRY, but here are the relevant parts:

The results you get with weapons are strongly influenced by:
    (1) training, which gives you greater "weapons effectiveness," *

(*) In the case of certain class skills (Weaponmastery, Pranks, and Skirmishing), training also increases effectiveness. To be specific, your "weapons effectiveness" is the higher of your previously listed class skill or Weaponry skill level, plus 10% of the lower.

What is affected by your weapon's effectiveness?
    - the chance that any weapon's attack (swing/jab/whatever) is 'a hit.'
    - the chance that your 'hit' is not avoided by your target.
    - the damage done.
  • As a + 99 lvl 2h Runie, with lvl 3 Crit Pendant and lvl 3 Sword, which of these would be a better option for hunting?

- an auspicious icosagon paragon    1000 credits
        Imagined by Antonius.
        This paragon has a 20% chance to increase your critical hits (lower than
        World Shattering) by one level.
      - a crucious paragon                1000 credits
        Imagined by Grandue.
        On a per-crit basis this paragon will either boost your crit multiplier or
        will cause a critical failure and deal no damage.

I'm assuming, with no Maya Figurine, and the fact my WSC one-shots pretty much everything that the first one would be better? Also, are they actually worth the 1000cr?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    As a + 99 lvl 2h Runie, with lvl 3 Crit Pendant and lvl 3 Sword, which of these would be a better option for hunting?

- an auspicious icosagon paragon    1000 credits
        Imagined by Antonius.
        This paragon has a 20% chance to increase your critical hits (lower than
        World Shattering) by one level.
      - a crucious paragon                1000 credits
        Imagined by Grandue.
        On a per-crit basis this paragon will either boost your crit multiplier or
        will cause a critical failure and deal no damage.

I'm assuming, with no Maya Figurine, and the fact my WSC one-shots pretty much everything that the first one would be better? Also, are they actually worth the 1000cr?
    If you only buy one, the Auspicious is better as a single paragon, the Crucious works well combined with the Auspicious, plus getting a PRC is kinda pointless as 2h runie minus some extreme types of mobs. 

If you are only buying one, it isn't worth 1k, they are really good as a combo. Do you have absorption paragon yet? If not, that's definitely the best grab, if so, I'd make sure you have full level 3s of defensive stuff first. Those 2 are really "the final tier" of bashing, since all they do is speed you up at the top end.
  • Thanks @Minifie

I've resisted the SOA-type Paragon for the moment and all my defensive curing arties are level 2's. I feel pretty strong defensively anyway so was just thinking of ways to speed up the kills

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Thanks @Minifie

I've resisted the SOA-type Paragon for the moment and all my defensive curing arties are level 2's. I feel pretty strong defensively anyway so was just thinking of ways to speed up the kills
    If you are after pure speed in areas you can easily tank right now, then yeah, the Auspicious would be the go-to. I don't know your hunting areas,  but runie is already healthily tanky so you don't need to go full max defensive arties unless you are . trying to tank the biggest stuff in the game. I don't have my spreadsheets anymore, but from memory these paragons don't speed anything up until after level 3 pendant/weapon and at least a healthy amount of main stat (+1 or 2 gauntlets) for cost vs effects. 
  • A question for everyone more experienced with the talisman system then I:

When the recent rarity changes went in, did it account at all for existing pieces out there? Or are sets that had several "common" pieces and one "rare" piece now permanently locked to that rarity, with it now being guaranteed that there will never be enough of the rare piece to complete all sets?
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited November 2018
    Keorin said:
    A question for everyone more experienced with the talisman system then I:

When the recent rarity changes went in, did it account at all for existing pieces out there? Or are sets that had several "common" pieces and one "rare" piece now permanently locked to that rarity, with it now being guaranteed that there will never be enough of the rare piece to complete all sets?
    I am pretty sure that change had no retroactive effect. But they did recently introduce TALISMAN REFINE, which helps.

From HELP TALISMANS:
    Talisman Refining
    -----------------
    This command allows you to refine 3 or more PROMOTIONAL SOURCED talisman pieces
    and receive one back based on their total rarity. A few caveats you should be
    aware of:

- You can only do this once per 24 hours.
       - Refined component pieces have a capped worth.
         This means you'll not want to refine your super rare pieces: past a
         certain point they won't be worth more. This mechanic is intended as a
         way to get rid of your common duplicates with a chance at a better piece.
       - The piece you receive from refining is of a new source type:
         REFINE source.
         This source CAN NOT be traded in.
       - Only level 1 talisman pieces can be used in refining.

We recommend not refining pieces that have significant value (less than 150
    credits worth per piece is good margin) as refining is not a guarantee that
    you will get back a piece that is rarer than what you refined, just that you
    will get a rare piece.

• Keorin said:
    A question for everyone more experienced with the talisman system then I:

I believe your assumption is correct. Don't think it is replenishing the previous rares .Also, they have always denied certain piece is rare. 
  • Dochitha said:
    I believe your assumption is correct. Don't think it is replenishing the previous rares .Also, they have always denied certain piece is rare. 
    Well, that's my point. Before, "rarity" was a product of chance. Now, we may have certain sets like the deathcape where it's fixed so that there's always gunna be x number of incomplete sets out there, since there can never be enough of the last piece to finish all of them, short of a lot of refining luck.
  • does anyone know if it's possible to have servant reactions apply to specific individuals. For example Torben walks into the room, and the servant says Hello Boss. But anyone else walking in he does nothing. I see there's a REACTION <mob> <id> TRIGGER <trigger> [<parameters>], but just can't get it to work.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    From a quick glance at the scroll, the only way such would be possible would be indirectly, by owning or having a personal clan in which you share rank with no one else and pointing at that as the trigger for the reaction.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Thanks. That's unfortunate there's nothing direct to that
  • If you add artefact powers to a piece of crafted jewellery, is there a way to have the jewellery retain its old mark or at least not have my mark on it? The normal retainmark  customisation option seems only to be usable -before- the item is made non-decay, but adding artefact powers makes the jewellery piece non decay and resetting on the spot, and changes the crafter's mark when it does so.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Jiraishin said:
    If you add artefact powers to a piece of crafted jewellery, is there a way to have the jewellery retain its old mark or at least not have my mark on it? The normal retainmark  customisation option seems only to be usable -before- the item is made non-decay, but adding artefact powers makes the jewellery piece non decay and resetting on the spot, and changes the crafter's mark when it does so.
    Not possible. I tried to get the robes of the magi power transferred to my non-decay Ashura robes, but retain the makers mark, but it couldn't happen. Either no power, or it has to have your mark, not the original.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Jiraishin said:
    If you add artefact powers to a piece of crafted jewellery, is there a way to have the jewellery retain its old mark or at least not have my mark on it? The normal retainmark  customisation option seems only to be usable -before- the item is made non-decay, but adding artefact powers makes the jewellery piece non decay and resetting on the spot, and changes the crafter's mark when it does so.
    I don't think there is, because you are converting it to an 'artefact' when you move a power over, which has to bear your mark. 
  • Jiraishin said:
    I believe you can, IF you spend the credits or figurines to make it non-decay FIRST. Then retainmark and add powers to it.
  • Jiraishin said:
    This isn't possible, many artefacts look to the item's loyalty for functionality. This loyalty is the "maker's mark".
  • edited November 2018
    When I logged last night...
    All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 6320 credits in escrow.
    You pay 350 and upgrade the reserves artefact power on a pair of Mayan Bracelets to level 2.
    All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 5620 credits in escrow.

Uhh... I feel like this is bugged. My retire value also decreased by like 400 or so.

• Previously, only the owner of a house could dismantle furniture in it. You needed the skill but not any lessons, and if you had a platinum prybar, you would benefit from it.

Am I correct in understanding that now you need to be transcendent to dismantle and to benefit from having a platinum prybar? And house owners still are the only ones who can dismantle furniture?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Thanks for the furniture overhaul! Some of these new blueprints look like they could come with innate interactions, just like the swing (previously, and i assume currently) offers the option to SWING on it.

Given the cost and the labour involved on both ends, if there are any interactions, is there any chance you could provide a very basic showroom to let would-be furnishers try them out before designing?

• Are there public rooms with stables? Stables like the housing upgrade. I just got a memento hornet, I really don't know why I would assume it was collared in hindsight but it's gonna starve 100%.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Camroth said:
    Are there public rooms with stables? Stables like the housing upgrade. I just got a memento hornet, I really don't know why I would assume it was collared in hindsight but it's gonna starve 100%.
    All cities should have stables.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."