Quick Questions

Comments

• Kyrra said:
    Camroth said:
    Are there public rooms with stables? Stables like the housing upgrade. I just got a memento hornet, I really don't know why I would assume it was collared in hindsight but it's gonna starve 100%.
    All cities should have stables.
    Afaik they also have a daily gold cost to keeping things in them, which will be pulled from a bankaccount in the same city.
  • I tried using STABLE <LOYAL> in rooms with Stable in the room title and haven't had any luck. I was hoping there was a functional stable in Delos like the Delosian Stables. It's all good, first world problems. I'll hide him out until he gets murdered or starves to death when I take a break.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    there's usually a denizen in the room who will tell you what to do, if it's the right room. They also sell feed for mounts. 

• Is there a reason other than obtaining Death to trans Tarot these days? Historically it used to allow you to outd and fling instantly without waiting but looks like that limitation has been removed now. 

As an Occie, especially for a newbie, I'm not seeing the justification of spending 100+ lesson getting from Moon to Death when in most cases it's going to be your 3rd or 4th option for a kill. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Is there a way to check your coordinates while you're in a subdivision, or on the wilderness map?
  • In a subdivision SURVEY reveals coordinates. No such thing exists for the wilderness, as far as I know.
  • In the wilderness, Survey will tell you the location of nearby exits, e.g. :

Aran'riod is to the South
    Morindar is to the northeast
    Istar Jungle is to the north

And that helps give you a general idea. I have also used a wilderness map to help me get a good picture in my head of where everything is, as I'm a very visual person.
  • edited November 2018
    Ygia said:
    on the wilderness map?
    Practically speaking, the best way is to use SURVEY like Cailin said.
    Technically speaking, very imprecisely. Read on if you're interested in a ramble...

I wrote a script that shows me the IDs of the room I'm in and I noticed that there is a pattern to wilderness rooms. You can also find the room ID with gmcp.Room.Info.num if you have a client that supports GMCP. Here's what I've discovered:

1. The room number is an 8 digit number
    2. There are three parts to the number: sector, X coordinate, and Y coordinate
    3. Sectors are in blocks of 250x250 rooms (from 0 to 249) and appear to run in rows from up to down and left to right

Example: enter the wilderness at Moghedu. According to the room ID, my coordinates are as follows:

15 refers to the 'sector'. This is the one I'm most murky about. It seems that the wilderness is divided into 250x250 blocks.
    028 refers to the X coordinate.
    021 refers to the Y coordinate.

If you take 3 steps north, your room ID becomes 15028018. The Y coordinate was decremented.

If you go past 0 or 249, you enter a new sector. The only pattern I've seen in sectors so far is that it appears to run left-to-right. If you go west a bunch from Moghedu, you'll wind up in sector 14. If you go north a bunch, you'll show up in sector 10. If you go east enough, I suspect you'll wind up at the end of sector 15 (see below), and I don't know which sector you'll appear in if you go south enough.

Here is an example of what I'm taking about. Assume that there are 9 sectors:

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

That is how they appear.

I suspect that the wilderness map is divided into rows of 5 sectors each. I don't know how far south it extends, but going into the wilderness on the south end of Meropis could give you an idea.
    Once again, this has no practical use! I just thought it was interesting.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    SURVEY does but you need X amount of vision to get the skill that allows you to see coordinates. Unless that got changed.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    SURVEY does but you need X amount of vision to get the skill that allows you to see coordinates. Unless that got changed.
    I think you're thinking of mapsight, which lets you find someone else's coordinates. Survey has always (at least for the past 14 years) shown your coordinates in the subdivision.
  • Is there a way to locate dolls/puppets you made that aren't in your inventory? I apparently have a doll of someone somewhere, but DOLLLIST isn't showing it and it's not in any of my containers.
  • Solnir said:
    Is there a way to locate dolls/puppets you made that aren't in your inventory? I apparently have a doll of someone somewhere, but DOLLLIST isn't showing it and it's not in any of my containers.
    If you're needing to get rid of it, you can unravel it from afar. Same syntax you'd unravel any other doll. (the syntax doesn't require you to actually be holding it)

• Pyori said:
    Solnir said:
    Is there a way to locate dolls/puppets you made that aren't in your inventory? I apparently have a doll of someone somewhere, but DOLLLIST isn't showing it and it's not in any of my containers.
    If you're needing to get rid of it, you can unravel it from afar. Same syntax you'd unravel any other doll. (the syntax doesn't require you to actually be holding it)
    Nah just wanted to locate it. I have grip on keepup and have nfi how I could've lost it, so was curious where it was.
  • Azare said:
    Ygia said:
    on the wilderness map?
    Practically speaking, the best way is to use SURVEY like Cailin said.
    Technically speaking, very imprecisely. Read on if you're interested in a ramble...

I wrote a script that shows me the IDs of the room I'm in and I noticed that there is a pattern to wilderness rooms. You can also find the room ID with gmcp.Room.Info.num if you have a client that supports GMCP. Here's what I've discovered:

1. The room number is an 8 digit number
    2. There are three parts to the number: sector, X coordinate, and Y coordinate
    3. Sectors are in blocks of 250x250 rooms (from 0 to 249) and appear to run in rows from up to down and left to right

Example: enter the wilderness at Moghedu. According to the room ID, my coordinates are as follows:

15 refers to the 'sector'. This is the one I'm most murky about. It seems that the wilderness is divided into 250x250 blocks.
    028 refers to the X coordinate.
    021 refers to the Y coordinate.

If you take 3 steps north, your room ID becomes 15028018. The Y coordinate was decremented.

If you go past 0 or 249, you enter a new sector. The only pattern I've seen in sectors so far is that it appears to run left-to-right. If you go west a bunch from Moghedu, you'll wind up in sector 14. If you go north a bunch, you'll show up in sector 10. If you go east enough, I suspect you'll wind up at the end of sector 15 (see below), and I don't know which sector you'll appear in if you go south enough.

Here is an example of what I'm taking about. Assume that there are 9 sectors:

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

That is how they appear.

I suspect that the wilderness map is divided into rows of 5 sectors each. I don't know how far south it extends, but going into the wilderness on the south end of Meropis could give you an idea.
    Once again, this has no practical use! I just thought it was interesting.

I think I love that they use 8 digit grid coordinates. 

• Solnir said:
    Pyori said:
    Solnir said:
    Nah just wanted to locate it. I have grip on keepup and have nfi how I could've lost it, so was curious where it was.
    Happened to me a few times too. I think most commonly when bursting, then broken arms before I deffed up again. I always did unravel as Pyori suggested since other puppeteers can snoop in on that person should they find it and do evil things.

Whre so you think you lost it? I can help looking for it.
  • Solnir said:
    This explains why my random bouts of uncontrollable bleeding had suddenly stopped recently.
  • Plak said:
    Solnir said:
    Pyori said:
    Solnir said:
    Happened to me a few times too. I think most commonly when bursting, then broken arms before I deffed up again. I always did unravel as Pyori suggested since other puppeteers can snoop in on that person should they find it and do evil things.

Whre so you think you lost it? I can help looking for it.
    It's unraveled at this point. :)
  • edited November 2018
    Infernal, 15 con, level 2 reserves.

Can currently get level 1 health regen.  Could also save for health sip.

Advice for hunting?
  • Riell said:

Advice for hunting?
    Found Cooper's spreadsheet!
  • Riell said:

Advice for hunting?
    Crit pendant!!!
    Get it early early on..... you get more use out of it, its not to expensive and it Is ALWAYS being used.
    Must have if you ever plan on bashing past level 99
  • Proficy said:
    Riell said:

Advice for hunting?
    Crit pendant!!!
    Get it early early on..... you get more use out of it, its not to expensive and it Is ALWAYS being used.
    Must have if you ever plan on bashing past level 99
    Already have a level three from tons of upgrade credits :D
  • Does anyone know how much bleeding this message is:

You observe that the wounds of (\w+) are bleeding most severely.

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • My bleed tracker has that listed as between 600-699.

• can y'all help me rank these Honours Denizens from easiest to hardest?

Prioska
    Asztrik
    Zigana
    Tizane
    Gerzson
    Kemnast
    Aigra
    The Cetan
    Rovalamm
    Dolodach
    Zsarachnor
    Jeramun
    Oberion
    Fafnir
    Ratatosk
    Belladona
    Yudhishthira

• No one can accurately do that right now. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Pretty sure Rovalam at least is on the 'literally impossible' tier right now

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ha. Please. I've defeated them all in single combat.
    Don't believe me?!
    W-Well, I guess that's just a you problem!

One hundred per cent win rate, me! 
    Rankwise? All of them are subpar. 

The real challenge?

Vellis. 
  • Caetano said:
    can y'all help me rank these Honours Denizens from easiest to hardest?

Prioska
    Asztrik
    Zigana
    Tizane
    Gerzson
    Kemnast
    Aigra
    The Cetan
    Rovalamm
    Dolodach
    Zsarachnor
    Jeramun
    Oberion
    Fafnir
    Ratatosk
    Belladona
    Yudhishthira

They’re all difficult, the only ones that can solo’d that I know of (so far) are Z, Kemnast, and Yudhi in lesser.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.