Quick Questions

Comments

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited September 2018
    Cooper said:
    There has been quite a bit more since Ruth!
    There'd better be! I've only mentioned the ones I know of especially since someone ICly mentioned the specific ones we added from Ruth's reign. Since I have some time these days, I can look forward to seeing what you added.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I added nothing, the minions under me did everything.

• The latest additions (Insidium and Legate exhibits) were joint efforts as far as I am aware.

@Ailea did the Legate room design and the Leviathan standard, I helped with the Legate scroll. Probably influenced from others too.
  • Taryius said:
    The latest additions (Insidium and Legate exhibits) were joint efforts as far as I am aware.

@Ailea did the Legate room design and the Leviathan standard, I helped with the Legate scroll. Probably influenced from others too.
    This is partially correct. I did not do the room design fully. A lot of influence came from Narga before they went dormant. I merely tweaked a few things to make it flow. Iaeum also added his touch. 

• A lot of places in Mhaldor have been at least partially player designed, @Holstein. Like people said, some of the rooms in the museum (if not all, I'm not sure) have been player designed. The statue from the last house contest was done by @Jurixe, I believe, and the Insidium room was her and @Mariya I think?

One of our newer areas was almost entirely player-designed, too, as have several parts of each house estate.
  • Well kudos to Mhaldor. The lore is deep and well presented and even though I am new I have been having a blast there.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    The rooms for the old Houses and Divine were all before my time, but when I first came up with the idea for the Iniquitous Gala, we added a bunch of new items to the House rooms (EF statue) and some in the other 'neutral' rooms (Moghedu conquest, Infernal forge reclaim). Most of these were player-made (Azor did the Vertani statue, I believe) but I think Phaestus himself edited the forge one. I'm sad they didn't let us keep the wine fountain depicting Silas pouring wine though (I didn't make this!!).

I cannot take credit for the Insidium room as I had nothing to do with it, but I'm very honoured that I have a place in it!

As for other player made items in the city, most things made when I was MoCA were sourced from competitions - some of the letters, journals and quills, the statues in the cathedral, the mounts in the stables, even some of the Red Square rooms. We also provided designs for the Worm and Grub's common room, the bar with Esad etc. I really think it makes a difference to have player-made additions and I'm very proud that Mhaldor can trace back so many of its creations to real players and real history.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Who cares, none of that can replace the Bathory chalet

Chop chop with a new chalet from Lord Adryn
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Hear, hear

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    An ink-stained hardwood flask isn't something you can pour into.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fill this thing besides from a tun, the rift, or with water from a river?

Bought the damn thing to hold alcohol, and can't seem to figure out how to accomplish that.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kresslack said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to fill this thing besides from a tun, the rift, or with water from a river?

Bought the damn thing to hold alcohol, and can't seem to figure out how to accomplish that.
    I heard it fills when it rains? But I'm not sure, haven't tested.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• At the risk of sounding impatient, how long does it normally take for a retirement to be completed when it is in the approval/denial stage?
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I hope you're bringing your investment in, and not leaving us. D:

From most people, I've heard it takes anywhere from a couple of days to a week or close to. I think the longest I heard was two weeks. Buuuutttt it is September... so the admin have been very busy.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2018
    Melodie said:

From most people, I've heard it takes anywhere from a couple of days to a week or close to. I think the longest I heard was two weeks. Buuuutttt it is September... so the admin have been very busy.
    Took close to 3 weeks when I first retired from Lusternia... Nearly missed out on the window. Wasn't even during a busy time, either :( My Achaea and Imperian ones have all been within 24hr, with Alyxeri being approved in like 2.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    It took like a day for me.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Melodie said:

Def bringing it in. Mhaldor convinced me!
    sipSh.."
  • Does the clasp of vocal intensity have to be worn to function or does it just work if it's in your inventory?
  • Kresslack said:
    Holstein said:
    Came back to Achaea after a long time and decided to make use of the retirement thing and do a new character. I got a tour of the Mhaldor museum in the process and was wondering if that was all designed by a character or by an admin? That museum is freakin' amazing and must have taken ages to do.
    I can't quite remember, but I believe a lot of the stuff there are considered relics/artifacts from eras past, possibly put into the game by design at some point. A lot of the stuff you can see inscriptions for, and some of the cases and items can be interacted with or at the very least probed I think.
    It was created by players in game. I know there have been a few that have helped on it. I cant remember her name @Mariya maybe? had a big hand in it. If not I bet she knows who did.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:
    Does the clasp of vocal intensity have to be worn to function or does it just work if it's in your inventory?
    I can't confirm but I have one and always assumed it needs to be worn to work.

I customised mine anyways and it matches my death cape.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kresslack said:

Most non-vial liquid containers can't be poured into for somewhat arcane, but important reasons.

I've added the capability to that flask though, and I'm on the lookout for similar things that can have the capability safely added.
    Ronwe said:
    Kresslack said:

Most non-vial liquid containers can't be poured into for somewhat arcane, but important reasons.

I've added the capability to that flask though, and I'm on the lookout for similar things that can have the capability safely added.
    Thank you so very much for this!

• Is theft still a thing? Reading the theft scroll now it seems just keep up selfishness and your good. 

• Venser said:
    Is theft still a thing? Reading the theft scroll now it seems just keep up selfishness and your good. 

There are ways around selfishness. Pickpocket also doesnt care about selfishness, it will grab whatever is in your inventory, starting worh gold.
    sipSh.."
  • Holstein said:
    Venser said:
    Is theft still a thing? Reading the theft scroll now it seems just keep up selfishness and your good. 

There are ways around selfishness. Pickpocket also doesnt care about selfishness, it will grab whatever is in your inventory, starting worh gold.
    First sentence is correct. Second is not.
  • Antonius said:
    Holstein said:
    Venser said:

First sentence is correct. Second is not.
    What is wrong with it? From what I have read about anti theft, that’s how it works.
    sipSh.."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Pickpocket is affected by selfishness

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Pickpocket is affected by selfishness
    Just makes it take longer and less of a success chance iirc? Guess I should have mentioned that in my original reply.
    sipSh.."
  • No. You cannot be pickpocketed if you have selfishness up.
    Yeah, that's the entire point of selfishness. You still have to force them to drop selfishness and use whatever window of opportunity it provides to get what you can.

• Anyone else not able to see "Like" or "Awesome" avatars to see who specifically liked the stuff? 

I can see the numerical value, but no portraits :(