Quick Questions

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Maybe.  I have the opposite problem, page length is reset when I look at elist in svof.  To fix it, do CONFIG PAGELENGTH <number>
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited September 2018
    Did that, no good. Nothing's changing my pagelength anymore, I can open things up in nexus and have the same problem, with it showing my pagelength as 20 the whole time.
  • If you find a solution let me know. I've never been able to figure out what it is specifically.
  • Yeah, happens intermittently with me on SVOF with keneanung. Been driving me nuts because it’s most things but not everything. Couldn’t pin it down.
  • Keorin said:
    Currently, whenever I look at a help file, I'm getting the entire thing displayed with no breaks regardless of my pagelength. Does anyone know what setting might be causing this?

I've had it suggested that Keneanung's bashing script is the culprit, from someone else who's experienced a similar problem, but it appears to now be a configuration setting, as it's happening despite clients.
    What about on a new empty Mudlet profile? As far as I know the issue is related to a GMCP module that is used by both Keneanung's bashing script and Nexus, but isn't enabled by default.
  • Awesome, that got it, thank you so much!

I'm no good with all this, but the issue appears to be caused by the IRE.Display module, which Keneanung's enables inside its script file. As best as I can tell, this module is related to the buttons on the nexus client's ui, and the bashing script uses it to keep track of which battlerage abilities are available by checking which battlerage buttons would be lit up if you were using nexus. (This is just a theory, but I expect its messing with the help files is related to how nexus displays help files in full in a separate window)

Commenting it out fixed the issue, for now, though I imagine that it's also left the battlerage management part of the script inoperable. Which works for me, for now, but might not for everyone.

• These observations are completely correct. I've had a change to this lying around for quite a while now but never got to test it completely before I stopped playing. If someone is willing to play around with it, I just created a pre-release at https://github.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing/releases/download/v1.9-pre-f736f69-master/Bashing.mpackage with the feature.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Is the statute of acknowledgement permanent?
    Can it be put on / taken off at will?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Yeah you wear it to get the deathsight and remove it to turn it off. Ours is awesome tho so idk why you even need this answer, buddy. 

Dunn said:
    Klendathu said:
    Yeah you wear it to get the deathsight and remove it to turn it off. Ours is awesome tho so idk why you even need this answer, buddy. 
    Was more interested in the permanence, that was a bonus extra question :P

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • still gonna invoice you for two tho

• When I am pacing, it seems to unpredictably wear off and I have to raise the defense again. There's no message letting me know this. Is this normal? And how do I tell when it will wear off?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    So I got a Nicator card, but before I decide whether or not I want to keep it I have a question about it's charge ability:

Does this 30% xp boost apply to me (the group leader) as well, or just anyone else in my group? If the former, do I have to be in a group at all to boost myself?

• Not you

• I thought it was supposed to include the group leader too?

• edited September 2018
    Cooper said:
    I thought it was supposed to include the group leader too?
    It does.
    Use card solo = no benefit.
    Use card with someone following = you get benefit, as well as the person following you. Don't think it's actually been confirmed by admin, but pretty sure it does. I don't remember from when me and Penwize tested it.
    The 'nicatorlegend' defence will show up regardless, but it won't affect you if nobody is following you.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Pyori said:
    Cooper said:
    I thought it was supposed to include the group leader too?
    It does.
    Use card solo = no benefit.
    Use card with someone following = you get benefit, as well as the person following you. Don't think it's actually been confirmed by admin, but pretty sure it does. I don't remember from when me and Penwize tested it.
    The 'nicatorlegend' defence will show up regardless, but it won't affect you if nobody is following you.
    I issued myself, and the answer from the garden is that it does not affect yourself. Not even when you lead a group. Strange, I agree. But that's apparently how it's supposed to work.

• I imagine there's going to be some serious buyer's remorse felt in the community if what you say is true. :/
  • The opposite was said here:

https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/400381/#Comment_400381

Though just reading the card desc it always sounded like it didn't include the leader.
    How do i counter this, other than fight indoors?

With a synchronous, guttural rasp, (DRUIDS)'s many serpentine heads breathe forth wisps of rapidly condensing smoke that entangle you in a tangible web.
    (DRUID) is quickly carried up into the skies.

• You dont pretty much. Aside from what you said. It has been a complaint about druid for a while.
    I think you can dwinnu it but that doesnt solve chasing them.

• As a bard, you break their legs with martellato.

Most true momentum classes have room hinder that blocks fly so, while annoying, it isn't quite as bad.
  • The bigger problem is the free bind
  • Maybe not a quick question.. but

Does anyone know how Nicator works?  Does it provide the experience bonus to the leader as well?  Can it be done when alone (and still gain the bonus exp) or what?
    Adrik said:
    Maybe not a quick question.. but

Does anyone know how Nicator works?  Does it provide the experience bonus to the leader as well?  Can it be done when alone (and still gain the bonus exp) or what?
    Experience bonus applies to all in group, including the leader, WHEN IN A GROUP. You cannot use it solo.

• Klendathu said:
    Adrik said:

You cannot use it solo.
    I mean you can USE it... But you won't benefit from it.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited September 2018
    Klendathu said:
    Adrik said:

Experience bonus applies to all in group, including the leader, WHEN IN A GROUP. You cannot use it solo.
    I would like it stated again that the admins recently (in this promotion) gave me an answer to the opposite effect. It never applies to the leader, just members of the group. Since the current assumptions of the player base seems to be otherwise, I have asked the admins to comment.

Pinging admin here as well @Makarios @Nicola , so we might get a public statement from them.

• What was the issue response to you verbatim?
    Just curious
    And even if the issue response clearly said the card has no effect on the leader, sometimes issue answers are not always right
  • Message #174        Sent by Lycon
    2018/9/19/10:45 Greetings! Regarding issue #83700: The Nicator card -does- work while you are
    leading a group of at least one other player, but does -not- work while you are alone! Please don't 
    hesitate to use ISSUE ME <your issue> if you have any further questions or concerns!

Thanks Lycon!
  • That answer is meaningless. What was the exact wording of the question asked? What definition of "work" is (whoever responded as) Lycon using?