Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

1353354356358359367

Comments

  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 2,055Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Was definitely hoping for more like 4-5 seconds, but even 7.7 is at least faster than it was. I think it was something like 12-15 seconds before for all of them with QW/Aldar. Baby steps.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,626Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Benediction just seems to reduce the equilibrium cost of each by half, but adds them together, so 15.4 seconds to do the whole lot without Benediction. It's a massive difference, but being off equilibrium for that long in one go makes me wary. Serverside curing also doesn't know about Benediction, which means you need some client-side coding to handle blessing yourself.

    It seems like it would have just been much cleaner all around to reduce the costs of those five abilities by 50%.
  • ReysonReyson Posts: 523Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Soulcage is 12 with a diadem D:
  • KietKiet Posts: 3,066Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    tbh 7.7 seconds when you're not in any danger is hardly much of an issue? This isn't meant to be done midfight after all, from what I can tell.
    Dunn
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,771Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's shiny enough to want a priest alt again. :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,460Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is it forcable action?
    image
    Tysandr
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 9
    Summoning all combat necessary occie ents at once with the karmic knot artie and diadem is 17s. 22s without. 

    Arguably more necessary than spirit shields or cage lol. 


    AustereCooper
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,460Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dunn said:
    Summoning all combat necessary occie ents at once with the karmic knot artie and diadem is 17s. 22s without. 

    Arguably more necessary than spirit shields or cage lol. 
    Not the same comparison, the more fair comparison to summoning ents would be performing all the rites (demons, healing, revitalization, piety, cleansing, banishment) or spinning all the vibes, harms.  Spiritshields are definitely more nice to have, not necessities.  
    image
  • TysandrTysandr Posts: 441Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Achilles said:
    Is it forcable action?
    Took 11 posts to get to the really important question.  =)
    Nexus: Accents, Autotriggers, Dragon Talismans
    "As the child did... without the rope. Then fear will find you again."

    Caelan
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,637Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achilles said:
    Dunn said:
    Summoning all combat necessary occie ents at once with the karmic knot artie and diadem is 17s. 22s without. 

    Arguably more necessary than spirit shields or cage lol. 
    Not the same comparison, the more fair comparison to summoning ents would be performing all the rites (demons, healing, revitalization, piety, cleansing, banishment) or spinning all the vibes, harms.  Spiritshields are definitely more nice to have, not necessities.  
    Nope. Occultists have to have entities to fight. Rites, vibes, and harms are all "nice to have" but not required to kill someone.

  • MakariosMakarios Posts: 1,745Administrator Achaean staff
    Benediction is 2 seconds per missing blessing at a minimum cast time of 4 seconds (the eq it costs to do a single blessing normally). Pre eq bonuses, of course.
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 994Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited June 9
    I mean if you're going to go that route... Half the harmonics / rites / vibes aren't actually needed, and won't actually help you meaningfully win a fight... Whereas the vast majority of entities are used quite a bit, and well... Good luck fighting without them.

    It's not like you're going to use benediction mid fight.

    Xias
  • XiasXias Posts: 253Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Pyori said:
    I mean if you're going to go that route... Half the harmonics / rites / vibes aren't actually needed, and won't actually help you meaningfully win a fight... Whereas the vast majority of entities are used quite a bit, and well... Good luck fighting without them.

    It's not like you're going to use benediction mid fight.
    If I could weave an expanded list of rites in between hammer/greatsword swings, it would move rites primarily being used in defense into more of an offensive practice.

    I love having access to them as a pally but unless we are stationary, things like hew or overhand will take priority.

    I suppose another option is to change a few rites to "auras"; add a cap of auras you can have active at one time (maybe one to begin, two at max) and the powers just center around you until death. Piety would probably stay a rite so someone can't "aura piety" follow someone to troll and to keep in line with how Gravehands operates.
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,569Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I can't overstate how many times tremors/stridulation has saved my ass from finishers like disembowel. Just ask @Atalkez
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 994Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Xias said:
    Pyori said:
    I mean if you're going to go that route... Half the harmonics / rites / vibes aren't actually needed, and won't actually help you meaningfully win a fight... Whereas the vast majority of entities are used quite a bit, and well... Good luck fighting without them.

    It's not like you're going to use benediction mid fight.
    If I could weave an expanded list of rites in between hammer/greatsword swings, it would move rites primarily being used in defense into more of an offensive practice.

    I love having access to them as a pally but unless we are stationary, things like hew or overhand will take priority.

    I suppose another option is to change a few rites to "auras"; add a cap of auras you can have active at one time (maybe one to begin, two at max) and the powers just center around you until death. Piety would probably stay a rite so someone can't "aura piety" follow someone to troll and to keep in line with how Gravehands operates.
    Please no. Aetolia did this with Templars. Granted there's other reasons why fighting Templars sucked, but still.

  • XiasXias Posts: 253Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Did it make fighting them a chore? I think it would just lend more use to rites. I love the Devotion skill tree--wish I could use more of it in practical combat.
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 2,055Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Okay, I just played priest for the first time in ages and love benediction. Waaaaay better than before.
    Exelethril
  • CailinCailin Posts: 211Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I found some references to Aemilie and Lloen selling some really beautiful journals, but it seems they don't sell them anymore. Is that the case? Are those wares gone forever? (And yes, I know about the custom journals that Lloen does still sell.)
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Have you met occultist? Full ent summon is a 25 second knock
  • SuladanSuladan Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Question: Ledolian Surcoat - 10 charges, does it regen at all? If not, 10 and it decays? Or 10 and you have a nice coat? Any redeem value?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 2,002Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Suladan said:
    Question: Ledolian Surcoat - 10 charges, does it regen at all? If not, 10 and it decays? Or 10 and you have a nice coat? Any redeem value?
    10 charges, no it doesn't regen
    10 and it decays
    yes it does redeem, but I think it is artefact surcoat tradein, not promo surcoat tradein (though try both).


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    Suladan
  • AzentaAzenta Posts: 3Member
    If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,569Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Azenta said:
    If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
    You absolutely can, and it's highly encouraged in Cyrene moreso than other cities
    ShirszaeSherazad
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 994Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Azenta said:
    If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
    You could read the city's laws, like you're asked to as a novice.

    CaelanShirszaeSuladan
  • DaironDairon Posts: 309Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Do these translucent masks have a trade-in value?
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 1,247Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Dairon said:
    Do these translucent masks have a trade-in value?
    Woah woah woah...  not so fast

  • ExelethrilExelethril Posts: 3,322Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If I learn Shikudo, can I swap back/forth between specs?

    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • PuxiPuxi Posts: 527Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If I learn Shikudo, can I swap back/forth between specs?
    No. You have to pay the lessons to switch back.
    Exelethril
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,626Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So yes, just not for free. There's also an artefact that removes the cost but I think the cooldown is relatively long.
    Exelethril
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    12 hours on the lotus with no upgrades for it like the weaponmastery one. 

    Still bought it instantly when I picked up monk cause tekura is bae. 


Sign In to Comment.