Quick Questions

Comments

• Crypt worm pieces wouldn't be as bad if the completed mount was valued at 75 credits (so 50 tradein). I have like 9/9/9/5 of the four pieces, and I can't see there being a market for them.
  • Is there a special command to get the scythe after collecting all 8 death talismans?
  • Scythe is from COLLECTing all the talismans, not just completing them. It's just an added step. 
  • Dunn said:
    I opened 30 globes for 13 caches. Three of the pieces from all of those were non crypt worm pieces. 

That’s a big nope for the rest of this promo for me. 
    Feel the same way. I got 12 caches out of 30... of the 9 I opened it think 7 of them had crypt worm pieces. It was on the 2nd day of the promo so I managed to sell them but I can't imagine doing that now... the 3 caches I sold to penwize I think 2 of them had worm pieces. I really don't think I'll buy more unless they change rewards... it was a huge letdown that the mount isn't able to be traded in when all the other promo mounts have been able to be.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Bought 100 globes on an alt and she can make 7-8 crypt worms! How exciting is that?

Regret this promo, would have been better to just sell the caches and let other people deal with crypt worm body parts. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Has anyone pulled a cape velvet during this promo? There have to be about 10 people at this point looking for one that all have multiples of the other pieces. I for example have around 3 of each cape piece and have been annoyingly advertising for a velvet this entire week. Starting to wonder if it's even possible to get one in these caches. @Makarios @Nicola is there a chance to get it? Or am I annoying everyone with my market tells for nothing? Ty
  • Alycia said:
    Has anyone pulled a cape velvet during this promo? There have to be about 10 people at this point looking for one that all have multiples of the other pieces. I for example have around 3 of each cape piece and have been annoyingly advertising for a velvet this entire week. Starting to wonder if it's even possible to get one in these caches. @Makarios @Nicola is there a chance to get it? Or am I annoying everyone with my market tells for nothing? Ty
    It's possible. There were like 5 or 6 selling them within the first 1-3 days of the promo.

• Pyori said:
    Alycia said:
    Has anyone pulled a cape velvet during this promo? There have to be about 10 people at this point looking for one that all have multiples of the other pieces. I for example have around 3 of each cape piece and have been annoyingly advertising for a velvet this entire week. Starting to wonder if it's even possible to get one in these caches. @Makarios @Nicola is there a chance to get it? Or am I annoying everyone with my market tells for nothing? Ty
    It's possible. There were like 5 or 6 selling them within the first 1-3 days of the promo.
    Welp. Guess that's that then. Thanks for the info.
  • Level 19: Soliciting your locket for willpower or endurance now imbues you with 10% of your maximum stat.

Does anyone know the duration for the stat boost?
  • Dairon said:
    Level 19: Soliciting your locket for willpower or endurance now imbues you with 10% of your maximum stat.

There isn't one. It's just an upgrade to the level 13 and 14 powers:

Level 13: SOLICIT LOCKET FOR ENDURANCE - Gain 5% of your maximum
                      endurance. (50% power usage)
            Level 14: SOLICIT LOCKET FOR WILLPOWER - Gain 5% of your maximum
                      willpower. (50% power usage)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Out of curiosity, does anybody have an unedited log of when Shallam was destroyed from the point of view of a Shallamese?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • For someone who doesn't play anymore, that is a very odd request. You plottin' boy?
    Bish please. I'm always plotting, but that doesn't have anything to do with my question. I just had a flashback of how it felt to be inside the city as it started to sink and wanted to see how my memory matched up to Achareality.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Does anyone know how to actually use the pebble? I've tried to enter the portal while it is in my inv, but that doesn't work.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Touch the portal, iirc
  • Antonius said:
    Dairon said:
    Level 19: Soliciting your locket for willpower or endurance now imbues you with 10% of your maximum stat.

There isn't one. It's just an upgrade to the level 13 and 14 powers:

Level 13: SOLICIT LOCKET FOR ENDURANCE - Gain 5% of your maximum
                      endurance. (50% power usage)
            Level 14: SOLICIT LOCKET FOR WILLPOWER - Gain 5% of your maximum
                      willpower. (50% power usage)
    Thats disappointing to say the least. I thought stats implied con/dex/strength/int. 

• Alycia said:
    I got cape velvet when I bought my first lot of globes during the promo. Was the only piece my husband needed so it went to him.

Bought a couple of hundred globes since then and haven't gotten anything worthwhile, except one shroud piece. (Also managed to nab the 'special prize' that was worth a 'ton' of credits. Wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be)

This promo has been a major letdown, even though I really love globes.

• Vhayne said:
    Alycia said:
    I got cape velvet when I bought my first lot of globes during the promo. Was the only piece my husband needed so it went to him.

Bought a couple of hundred globes since then and haven't gotten anything worthwhile, except one shroud piece. (Also managed to nab the 'special prize' that was worth a 'ton' of credits. Wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be)

This promo has been a major letdown, even though I really love globes.
    After the last batch of globes I got I think I’m at 40% and the good giftbags if I spend cash anymore. More talisman sets without IC obtainability already soured me, since we’ve had 2 sets since yggdrasil.
  • Does anyone know of a shop that would sell a spider mount? Most of the common sense suspects are no dice.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Ulta said:
    Does anyone know of a shop that would sell a spider mount? Most of the common sense suspects are no dice.
    There are no purchasable spider mounts uncollared or collared at this time.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Ulta said:
    Does anyone know of a shop that would sell a spider mount? Most of the common sense suspects are no dice.
    There are no purchasable spider mounts uncollared or collared at this time.
    SIGH.
  • It's not a cheap option, but you might be able to get an artefact pet that's a spider large enough to mount. "Oversized creatures" aren't allowed, but I'm reasonably sure there are spiders large enough to be ridden in Achaea already so that shouldn't be an issue.
  • Tsol'dasi ride them. But yeah, you'd have to buy a pet.
  • They told me that while giant bugs are generally OK, giant spiders specifically are not available as pets. You can still try to ask them though, the worst is that they'll say no.
  • Lenn said:
    They told me that while giant bugs are generally OK, giant spiders specifically are not available as pets. You can still try to ask them though, the worst is that they'll say no.

I'll give it a shot, I guess.
  • Pretty sure I remember someone made their custom pets the Tsoldasi spider mounts
  • @Epifania tried to get a custom spider and was also told no giant spiders allowed. 
  • Help pets says no big versions of small animals. So you might get lucky if you make it more unique but probably depends on who is authorizing that day.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Sometimes it also helps if you point out that big version of those animals do already exist in Achaea and you are not just making them up. There are plenty of giant spiders around the world in Achaea.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Accipiter said:
    Help pets says no big versions of small animals. So you might get lucky if you make it more unique but probably depends on who is authorizing that day.
    I mean it also says you can ride a giant beetle in that same file - at least the spiders already exist in the world.