Quick Questions

Comments

• Vaehl said:

perma clumsy life :(
    Assuming this is a counter to my suggestion: Think about it. Just an extra second. Voidfist now vs then.

Besides, I slash at 1.7 sec. I can already perma clumsy under para.

Even after this change Airfist will still be the superior fist. Unless we get sensitivity strike.

• Tanris said:
    Extending herb bal would be a step up I guess, although I suspect we'd see the same problem (void/pommel neck/impale). You can always run then though, so this would be a marked improvement.
    You can do that already. You don't even need void. It just takes a little skill - having Void extend herb balance would make it easier.

Aeolithon said:
    I didn't know Voidfist made it 100% impossible to cure a herb for its duration.
    It may as well do - by the time I cure paralysis when I'm voidfisted, I'm paralyzed again immediately, and this behavior is mirrored by those I use the trick on myself.

As for Airfist, nothing's wrong with it, I'm just picky about random abilities, it was an idle thought more than anything.
    Mizik said:
     I think extending herb balance by a full second would be an interesting and more balanced alternative. It would serve as an unique way for the class to emulate afflicting (as knights do) by EFFECTIVELY stacking stacking consecutive afflictions. Compare to double slash effectiveness in keeping one affliction stuck on the opponent.
    This is basically what I had in mind, although we get slightly less utility out of it since we lack Sensitivity, Impatience, and such - but we make up for that with capitalizing on what we do get more effectively. Not sure about a full second, though - I suggested a half-second because that's basically what Voidfist does (or at least seems to be intended to do) now. Still - it's not like we can really lock effectively...
  • edited December 2012
    mizik always goes overboard with the fisting :\
  • Eh. I was thinking knights already ten times worse than this with double affliction at about same speed (meaning they get a full value of herb balance vs our supposed +1 sec) at 2-3 times the amount of damage unartied.

.5 sec not so useful for unbanded. I'll raise you .75.
  • Mizik said:
    Eh. I was thinking knights already ten times worse than this with double affliction at about same speed (meaning they get a full value of herb balance vs our supposed +1 sec) at 2-3 times the amount of damage unartied. .5 sec not so useful for unbanded. I'll raise you .75.
    Trade you an affliction for double resto breaks, boss.

• I can shrug knights but not blademasters :(
  • @Sylvance don't disagree with my post what the hell? Remove it now
  • Is the bigger is better artefact package good for a blademaster?
    or should i get
    600 Credits or 45/50 globes?

• Is the bigger is better artefact package good for a blademaster?
    or should i get
    600 Credits or 45/50 globes?

Read the globes thread, might help you to make up your mind.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Bigger is better would be good if it had a sip ring. Still, it's the best on there for you, aside from Hunter's Delight.
  • I'd personally like to see the elemental fists (and Shin-using abilities in general) being less random (and voidfist being less OP in general, while retaining some degree of usefulness). I've had some ideas about this.

The simplest might be to just remove the random element, but keep the probabilities as a sort of counting system. I haven't figured out the probabilities yet personally, but if airfist bypasses parry half of the time, then just make it bypass parry every other slash. This could be applied to infusions too, except with a delayed effect (eg Lightning infusions kick in after slashing twice), and possibly an increased cost to make up for it.

I dunno if this is a good solution for voidfist, but it does let both combatants track its effects better, while still allowing for using it as a means of depleting someone's outrifted curatives (assuming they don't just carry 50 of everything on them; I personally wish there was a more elegant solution for maintaining herbs/minerals!)

Another idea I've had (and don't particularly like as much) is making the elemental fists into normal strikes (that is, so they can follow slashes), and giving them a very limited effects that match their current uses. Eg, voidfist wastes the next herb the target eats, airfist lets you bypass parrying on the next slash, etc.

I'm not as good of a blademaster as the other ones talking in here though, and not as good as a combatant as most of the other people (blademaster or not), so I won't try to speculate how these changes would actually play out, but these are just things I've thought of while being sad that all my cool Shindo abilities are effectively random.

• Does anyone know exactly how much resist Imbued, Venomous Blood, Fire tender and Ice warden give?
  • How about the resistance miniskills, Sena?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Not sure. I've heard 12.5% (at trans), but never got around to testing them myself.
  • Is there such things are artefact armor or can you buy non decay for forged armor

or are you stuck getting new stuff forged everytime it decays
  • Normally, you're stuck getting new equipment when it decays. Knights can get non-decay armour by transing forging and making fullplate. There have also been chances in the past to get a token that allows non-decay on weapons/armour. There used to be artefact armour (leather armour with health regen, and scalemail with no special bonuses, just good stats), but they're no longer available (though they did return for an auction once).
  • @Sena -- what are the racial trait resistances (dwarf, for instance)? Are those 5% too?
  • I haven't specifically tested all of them, but rajamala cold resistance is the same as the resistance traits (5%). I assume all the others (except horkval, which is "very resistant", and I think 10%) are the same.
  • Are artefact level upgrades bound credits or unbound?
  • Everything you purchase for yourself has to be bound first.
  • Bound. The only thing you spend unbound credits directly for is buying things for other people.
  • Does your skillrank in forging affect what you produce? As in, would the chance for decent stats on a rapier forged at virt differ from a rapier forged at trans?

• There is no difference in forged stats based on rank.
  • edited December 2012
    Ragged sails drape over the crossbeams of the skeletal ship that pursues you, and the twang of a ballista sends waves of dread through your gut. You hear the whistle of a projectile overhead and drop to the deck, holding tightly to a rail as the ship rocks from the blow. You rise to your feet a moment later, inspecting your vessel, but no sign of damage can be found, and your pursuer has mysteriously vanished.

All the world is dark, a cool breeze stirring the air around you. As you view the constellations you become acutely aware of a familiar face taking shape among the stars, an approving smile forming within the glittering visage.

Are these new dreams? I don't remember seeing them before.
  • Do you think forgers should be able to make Knuckles or Cestus for Newbies and Monks?
  • What sort of accuracy bonus does the Marksman trait give? Is it worth it if you have aiming, and intend to get a level 3 bow sooner or later? Level 2 at least very soon.

• Also what damage is ice/fire/poison/lightning, other than dragon breath? Trying to decide which of the four miniskills to trans first, or to raise them all equally.

• @Tanaar they look new to me. I assume the latter one is Sarapis!
  • Poison mostly for arrows.
    Fire for Holocaust.
    Lightning for Staffcast, Grove Lightning.
    Ice for Staffcast and Infuse Ice.