Quick Questions

Comments

• If I feed a chocolate to a mhun, for example, will I get the xp bonus from ALL mhuns, or just that specific type of mhun?
  • edited June 2016
    @Nicola @Makarios Confused about the Sycophantic shoulder cape...

Sycophantic shoulder cape
    Once WORN, the death of denizens at your hands will fuel this strange garment with a modicum of their parting lifeforce in order to empower yourself, increasing your max health for a duration of three minutes.
    Continue to chain denizen deaths and keep building this stack to gain up to 150% of your normal maximum health!
    Should four minutes go by without killing a denizen, your bonus will dissipate.
    Denizens loyal to adventurers do not count for this, nor do the overly weak opponents of the realm have enough life to steal.
    This item cannot be worn at the same time as the cloak of the Blood Maiden.

They sound like they're saying the same thing, but the times are different. Is the duration three or four minutes?

Also, bonus extra question for anybody: What's the percentage bonus per stack/kill?
  • Sounds to me like the effect lasts for 3 minutes but after it drops you have an additional 60 seconds to get somewhere else and keep your chain going 
  • edited June 2016
    That's possible, but not obvious or intuitive. I'd still like some official confirmation on how exactly it works.
  • @Antonius duration is four minutes, announce is fixed.
  • edited June 2016
    Good to know, thanks. It was immediately on my list of items to try to pick up, but if you've just nerfed weapon-using classes (i.e. the only ones worth bashing as), I may not bother unless I can get it cheaply.
  • Wasn't nerfs for everyone. Depends on the class. I believe serpent took the biggest hit. 

• From HELP HOUSING SERVANTS:

Types of Servants
    -----------------
    The basic types of servants that you can hire for your house are: butler, maid,
    cleaner, steward, cook, waiter, servant, worker, and page.

HOUSING HIRE <servant type>

Can anyone fill me in how the different types affected their behaviors?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    They don't. They just affect the base word of the denizen. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Behaviors, description, etc are completely determined by you. The differences are just the base word, and I believe a rule that says you can't make them seem anything else than they are.

Fingers crossed for some additions whenever they decide to do clan housing, not to mention some other housing stuff (gonna spend so much if stables can be for more than just owner eventually).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Ah, thank you both for the clarification! 
  • Dunn said:
    Wasn't nerfs for everyone. Depends on the class. I believe serpent took the biggest hit. 
    If priests were included in the changes, they should have been nerfed the most, being stronger than max artied serpent without the squishiness to balance it out.
  • I don't see a nerf to serpent at the high end. Maybe unartied got one, which seems a little harsh.

• Valkyn said:
    I don't see a nerf to serpent at the high end. Maybe unartied got one, which seems a little harsh.
    I compared the numbers before and after, and the nerf was something to the tune of 40% less damage garroting with a lash.
  • Penwize said:
    Valkyn said:
    I don't see a nerf to serpent at the high end. Maybe unartied got one, which seems a little harsh.
    I compared the numbers before and after, and the nerf was something to the tune of 40% less damage garroting with a lash.
    Strange, if anything I seem to be doing more on stuff I tested earlier. Gnolls I was doing 16% a hit, now 18%.

• Bard feels about the same, that's all I can say. It may be a little bit weaker, but if it is it's not by too much. Honestly, though, I was having far too much fun with this: Health:      12295 /12295

For those wondering, the cape is 1% of maximum health per stack (up to 50 stacks). It takes a bit to get up there, but it's pretty ridiculous once it does if you're already starting with a decent amount of health (see above). Obviously to get the most out of it you need to be able to constantly be killing things that are strong enough to count.

Death's call seems pretty good, but since Annwyn is split into at least three distinct areas it's not as good as it could be. You'll probably want to only ever use it inside the Sidhe court so that they get brought back.

• Antonius said:

Bard feels about the same, that's all I can say. It may be a little bit weaker, but if it is it's not by too much. Honestly, though, I was having far too much fun with this: Health:      12295 /12295

For those wondering, the cape is 1% of maximum health per stack (up to 50 stacks). It takes a bit to get up there, but it's pretty ridiculous once it does if you're already starting with a decent amount of health (see above). Obviously to get the most out of it you need to be able to constantly be killing things that are strong enough to count.

Death's call seems pretty good, but since Annwyn is split into at least three distinct areas it's not as good as it could be. You'll probably want to only ever use it inside the Sidhe court so that they get brought back.

Why would you ever use Death's Call in Annwyn? UW's where it's at.
  • edited June 2016

DKs were more hassle than they're worth with that much health, since their life steal attack is based on your maximum. They were healing for 20% or so, and waiting until I got lucky with both large crits several attacks in a row and them not doing it just wasn't worth it.

Plus I wanted to test out exactly what the range was, and Annwyn was as good a place as any. I may use it for DKs in the future, especially if the life steal issue is sorted.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Antonius said:

Bard feels about the same, that's all I can say. It may be a little bit weaker, but if it is it's not by too much. Honestly, though, I was having far too much fun with this: Health:      12295 /12295

It's four areas.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited June 2016
    Valkyn said:
    Penwize said:
    Valkyn said:
    Strange, if anything I seem to be doing more on stuff I tested earlier. Gnolls I was doing 16% a hit, now 18%.
    No, I experienced the same with lack of damage+speed with garrote. I have a lvl2 lash, crit pendant, soa, belt and it feels like I'm back to hunting unartied again. I also compared with Rakkaro and it looks like there was a .2 drop to the speed. Which I am hoping is just due to a slow connection

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Penwize said:
    Valkyn said:
    After reading this I really don't regret changing and trading in my lash.

• edited June 2016
    Serpent bashing definitely not worth it now if you're a dragon, even fully artied.

Editing this to post more testing:

So I trusted someone else saying that fully artied serpent vs. fully artied dragon was only a 10% difference.

I have a level 3 lash, 17 dex for serpent. Level 2 gauntlets for dragon. Serpent is still 45% faster (ignoring faster crits and less overkill) for me with straight up dps, on a quick test with buckawns. Will change a lot of various artie levels.

So serpent bashing is worth it in some cases if you can still bash dragon tier stuff.

• Shayde said:

No, I experienced the same with lack of damage+speed with garrote. I have a lvl2 lash, crit pendant, soa, belt and it feels like I'm back to hunting unartied again. I also compared with Rakkaro and it looks like there was a .2 drop to the speed. Which I am hoping is just due to a slow connection
    Ye, turns out it was connection issues, as after some hours I noticed at least one 1.2s balance, meaning it's on my end.
    Does anyone have the description of an Ormyrr from the Bal'met event?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    There was an eleusian newspost with it, I believe. Or perhaps that was just the layout of their world. *shrug*
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    There was an eleusian newspost with it, I believe. Or perhaps that was just the layout of their world. *shrug*
    Yeah, seems to be a layout of their world.

• Shayde said:
    Valkyn said:
    Penwize said:
    Valkyn said:
    I haven't really seen a drop, my speed still varies from 1.1-1.3, which I put down to slow connection. Level 3 lash, 19 dex. Damage wise I didn't seem to be doing less either. I would be pretty gutted if they'd made it better to hunt in (no str artied) dragon after all the arties I've thrown on serpent though.

• Is there a bonus on buying straight credits this month?

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Just the standard 10% from Elite, there was no mention of anything else in the Announce post that I saw. (You should buy globes and sell me your crucible pieces.)