Quick Questions

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Thanks!
    Huh. Neat.
  • What are in the big gift bags? I couldn't seem to find anything within the Announce news.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Wonder if PayPal will up my limit...

• What are in the big gift bags? I couldn't seem to find anything within the Announce news.
    Guaranteed high reward, as far as I know. Things like veils, L3 arties, and so on.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I think the "guarantee" starts at 500cr stat arties and goes up from there.

• It might've been posted before, but I'm lazy- is there a GMCP tag for mounted/unmounted (as a defence)? :/ 
  • Nope. No information about riding on GMCP (that I know of). @Ahmet was searching for that as well not long ago.
  • Poop :( 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    With the introduction of the Retirement option, I've been giving a lot of thought towards whether or not this is something I wish to pursue. I feel as if, over the years, I've made some rather spontaneous and irreparable decisions with my character, whom I've played full-time (as time and circumstance permitted). This has lead to a desire of wishing to start a new adventure and leave this one behind and facing the conscious struggle of leaving behind what I've accomplished and invested into this character. Knowing the type of person I am, it has to be all or nothing. I could never roll an alt because I'd either be struggling to split my time between the two, or I'd inevitably start to abandon one in favour of the other, which isn't fair to any character or the people associated with it.

At the end of the day, I suppose I'm asking: At what point do you feel you have to say goodbye to your character and consider starting a completely new one? What indications are present and with what attitude should such a decision be approached?

• Could always do the coin-flip test. Flip a coin or something similarly based on random chance, then see how you feel when a result turns up. Whatever your gut-reaction to the result ends up being, it's probably a good indicator of how you really feel.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    I think I ended my character on a high note. She did all the things she wanted to do and had some amazing experiences. There were some experiences/changes I never did really recover from though, and I think that is what made it hard for me to play her anymore. If you start playing your character less and less or dread logging in, that is when you should reevaluate. Changing cities/class/race doesn't always help in every situation. Killing off your darling should not be so frowned upon.

I do have to warn that establishing a new character is hard even if you do have all of the Arties (that's if you care about rp at all). I had to roll three times (on two games) to find a character combination I liked. I wasted a lot of my retirement credits on a character that went nowhere and when I did find the perfect character I liked I ended up spending a sh*t ton of money on her. There's only so much time with retirement credits that it is hard to know if after those 30 days your character's story line is going to go to sh*t. I find it takes about three months to know if this is the character you want to stick with.

Tldr: don't be afraid to end your current character's story, but don't be upset when your new character doesn't live up to your expectations.

Also Kresslack is awesome. <3
    If you start a new character, try your best to set aside any preconceptions you have about people and the way they are/act/seem. Starting fresh means starting fresh. I've been on both sides of this issue. There are people I'd thought were general jackasses that, putting aside any issues I remembered, I found that they were actually different people. And vice versa, there have been people that acted decent enough for characters that didn't butt heads with them, but through opposing viewpoints have actually turned out to be some of the biggest twats I've ever known! I've also had so called "supernoobs" coming in and conversing with me as if they knew everything about me, whether they act much to familiar/friendly, or just act like I'm a horrible person, both of which are off-putting and extremely disappointing, from a "getting to know someone" standpoint.

Tl;dr: I think it really kills immersion and puts a bad taste in some peoples' mouths and can create a bad, or at least a less positive, first impression, if you come in and strut about the place like you've been around for several centures. :dissapointed:
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    So uh... I think the poker thing is broken...

You need to raise the bet by at least the amount of the minimum bet, which is 25200 gold.

The main pot is currently valued at 220 gold. The current high bet is 100 gold.
    There are no sidepots.

Type      : Lost Luck Hold 'Em
    Min Bet   : 100

??!!!

• Omg poker?!?!?
  • Tahquil said:
    Omg poker?!?!?
    Tell me you knew that existed!!!
  • Speaking of things existing....

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SHALLAMESE ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US GIF?
    This month's promotion is a giftbag for every 100 credits bought, and an extra giftbag awarded at every 500 credits.

So I had bought 50 credits before I remembered there was a promo running, looked it up, and bought 50 more credits. Got the credits, but no giftbag. Bug or is there some hidden fine print that says you only get a giftbag if you buy 100 credits at a time?

• @Kresslack that was a bug, and as per your message to me, has been fixed up. (We just had to recover from last night before work could commence.)
  • Nicola said:
    We just had to recover from last night before work could commence.
    Iron realms Christmas party gets earlier every year.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Nicola said:
    @Kresslack that was a bug, and as per your message to me, has been fixed up. (We just had to recover from last night before work could commence.)
    Woo! Thank you, I was prepared to be disappointed but glad that it's been fixed.

Kresslack said:
    Nicola said:
    @Kresslack that was a bug, and as per your message to me, has been fixed up. (We just had to recover from last night before work could commence.)
    Woo! Thank you, I was prepared to be disappointed but glad that it's been fixed.
    I've had more than a few "omg what just happened" and 9/10 times they make things right. I've never had customer complaints (well maybe spending 4k credits on gauntlets that are now worth 2500 lol)

Szanthax said:
    Kresslack said:
    Nicola said:
    I've had more than a few "omg what just happened" and 9/10 times they make things right. I've never had customer complaints (well maybe spending 4k credits on gauntlets that are now worth 2500 lol)
    If it makes you feel any better, I got a pair of those free couple of years back from the Wheel of Fortune!

Kresslack said:
    Szanthax said:
    Kresslack said:
    Nicola said:
    If it makes you feel any better, I got a pair of those free couple of years back from the Wheel of Fortune!
    Wha... how would that make anyone feel better about anything. 
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Kresslack said:
    Szanthax said:
    Kresslack said:
    Nicola said:
    Wha... how would that make anyone feel better about anything. 
    I know right.

• Achaea staff is pretty epic in general. Since I started playing again I had some artie issues and @Makarios was awesome about it. 
    Bleak said:
    Achaea staff is pretty epic in general. Since I started playing again I had some artie issues and @Makarios was awesome about it. 
    I'm sure he remembers well the pain of handling artefact purchases. He sure as fk had enough of 'em.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Is there a way to block things from upcoming? I don't care about these merchant games and I'm not in their house but there's like 50 upcoming events on my upcoming now spamming out the things I actually care about :(
    No, there is not. It's just a list of all upcoming events available to the public, regardless of the source.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    @Nicola

The new talismans are super cool, but any chance we can get redemption prices on them like we did the Mark set? That'll help us set our own prices as well. In as far as I can, I'd rather trade with other players because unbound credits, but it's hard to determine a price without any basic tradein value. 

• @Skye we're not looking to set particular values on these at this time, it's something we might reconsider depending on market saturation.