Quick Questions

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    How long has it been the case that you can't hit your own lightwalls?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Always?

If that's not how they worked at inception, that's certainly been how they've worked for a long, long time. Like, since 2007 at least.
  • Antonius said:

I assume that due to the quiver changes (contents of your quiver being tied to the character rather than a physical object) it's no longer possible to envenom arrows for somebody who doesn't have the ability to do it themselves. Can anybody just confirm that?

Correct. However if you own an artifact bow with the shooting upgrade, you can envenom your own arrows without the relevant ability, I believe.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Sena said:
    As far as I've found, it's not possible to envenom arrows for anyone other than yourself.
    Hand the filled quiver over to the person you're envenoming for.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited May 2016
    Kenway said:
    Sena said:
    As far as I've found, it's not possible to envenom arrows for anyone other than yourself.
    Hand the filled quiver over to the person you're envenoming for.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the quiver essentially a rift? The item is just used to access it when worn? So that shouldn't work

Edit: Threw quiver in humgii and bought new, same arrows.
  • Yeah, there's no such thing as a "filled quiver" now, a quiver is just an item that lets you access your "rift" of arrows, just like with tarot decks. If I take my quiver off and give it to someone else, they'll still be accessing (and envenoming) their own arrows through it and I'll still have my arrows.
    @Sena is 'unreducible' acid damage affected by things like Algiz? Highfavours? Things that lower damage from "all sources".

I feel like this is an unstoppable force/immovable object situation.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Things that don't have a damage type (e.g. disembowel), and are therefore not affected by resistances to specific damage types, are still reduced by resist all defences like Algiz, High/Truefavours, etc.

In terms of "unreducible" acid damage, I assume you mean black(?) dragon breath? Easy enough to test, but I'd expect it to be affected by Algiz.
    Guess I'll find someone to test in a bit.

More importantly, does Achaea have a "buyer's remorse" period for artefact purchases? :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:

More importantly, does Achaea have a "buyer's remorse" period for artefact purchases? :(
    It was a veil, wasn't it?!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Ahmet said:

In the past I believe they've done refunds on recent purchases if you decide it's not quite what you want or it doesn't give you the boost you were expecting, but I don't know if that's still something you can count on. You could always file an ISSUE ME.
    Antonius said:
    Ahmet said:

In the past I believe they've done refunds on recent purchases if you decide it's not quite what you want or it doesn't give you the boost you were expecting, but I don't know if that's still something you can count on. You could always file an ISSUE ME.
    Ya, I put in an issue. We'll see what happens, thanks.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:

Most of the time, yes. You can also ask to test artifacts out. I wanted to test between the lvl 3 lash and whip and Tecton gave me both of them to play with for an hour or so. 
    Grandue said:
    Ahmet said:

Most of the time, yes. You can also ask to test artifacts out. I wanted to test between the lvl 3 lash and whip and Tecton gave me both of them to play with for an hour or so. 
    Yeah, I'm keeping my wings in my pack for now. I don't actually recall buying them last night. Or anything after about 7pm. If it weren't for logs, I would have bugged it as "hey I shouldn't have this what gives".
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited May 2016
    Iirc black dragon breath is reduced by algiz and favourshields, last time I checked! (Was like three months ago)

ETA: Remember algiz only works in pvp for runies sketching it on themselves tho.
  • Does Thoth still remain the God of Death in Achaea? Or has He died like some of the others? Does praying for salvation still take you through the Halls of Maya?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    He's still the God of Death and did not perish, and instead of PRAY FOR SALVATION, you now EMBRACE DEATH. It has a whole new sequence similar to the Halls of Maya, but much more Thoth-themed. It's pretty nifty.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Damn, I need to see that sequence to properly write this song. But I don't want to lose Goryllin's so precious xp (I havent lost xp in 3 rl years!). lol
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Gripped by the cold embrace of death, you succumb to the darkness...

Eerie blackness surrounds you; no light penetrates the endless gloom. Only a 
    faint wind makes itself known, drifting across your beaten body with a silken 
    touch.

With each caress of the persistent breeze your senses heighten, and a chill 
    begins to spread through you with increasing intensity. You give a violent 
    shiver as the cold envelopes your very soul, crushing your resolve with a 
    merciless bite.

At once, the unmistakable presence of death overwhelms all else, and your 
    stomach heaves: the stench of decay is ever-present, relentless, and unforgiving.
    Tears run down your face as the odour assails the senses, and instinctively you 
    wipe them away.

With one hand pressed against your nose to bar the smell, you cautiously raise 
    the other, warily feeling into the darkness with outstretched fingers. Emptiness 
    greets you; the world is a bleak, unknown wasteland, and your ears strain for 
    any semblance of sound.

Far in the distance echoes the faint rush of water. At once, the unbearable need 
    to quench an eternal thirst swells within you, and you turn toward the source. 
    Without thought you submit to the harsh environs, stumbling across the uneven 
    terrain beneath your feet.

Time becomes immeasurable as you struggle onward through desolation. Moments 
    pass, first crawling, then racing without restraint. The terrain shifts and 
    alters beneath your feet with each hazardous step. Silently you persist, eagerly 
    moving toward satiation with unrivalled desperation.

The tantalising sound of running water roars in your ears, now deafening in its 
    sweet euphony. Lured onward by the beckoning current, you draw closer, certain 
    your destination lies mere inches from your grasping reach.

Blinding light flashes before you as a gleaming scythe cuts through the air, the 
    blade halting inches before your drained countenance. "Be still," echoes a 
    formless voice.

The light fades, dimming to an argent glow, and you turn to face your aggressor. 
    Before you is Thoth, the God of Death, His true countenance concealed by a 
    pallid mask. Still you can feel His eternal gaze upon you, devoid of all emotion 
    as He affixes you with a cool stare.

"Come, [@Goryllin]."

The God of Death inclines His head, and your vision blurs. Dark shadows swirl 
    and blinding light flickers before your eyes, the display churning with 
    unrestrained motion until, with a sudden jolt, all is finally still. The aching 
    thirst diminishes as your eyes adjust, and you find yourself kneeling before the 
    imposing form of the Endbringer.

"You linger at the threshold of the Soulrealms. Whether cast here in dire 
    purpose, or by unfortunate accident, it falls to Me to consider your fate." The 
    God of Death pauses, inscrutable in His contemplation. Slowly, deliberately, He 
    raises all six of His hands with palms facing outward.

"It is I who judge your soul, and it is I who deem your journey unfinished."

Ghostly vapours flow from the fingertips of Thoth, the Endbringer, carving 
    sinuous paths through the air to entwine around you. Your spirit lightens at the 
    touch, every aspect of your being grasped by the formidable will of Death and 
    darkness begins to overtake you once more. Just as you pass into unconsciousness,
     a single word rumbles through your mind: "Live."

When you regain consciousness, you are confused about where you are and how you 
    got here. Darkness surrounds you, save for a single candle. A look around tells 
    you that you are in a rough cave, with a single table bearing the candle. An 
    entrance, visible because it is slightly lighter than the rest of the shadow, 
    beckons from across the cave.

Sitting up from your supine position, you glance at your body and realise it is 
    healed and whole once again. Still reeling in wonder from your experience, you 
    quietly ponder the Endbringer's reasons for restoring you to life, and leave the 
    cave.

• Thats awesome, thanks.
  • 3 years you say?

set target Goryllin
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    3 years you say?

set target Goryllin

Hard to kill what isn't logged in. Muhahaha (that's the only reason its been that long since I have died).
    Is the favour xp gift a flat amount or based on how much you gain during that period?
    Huh. Neat.
  • As far as I can tell, it's a scaling amount based on how long the TF is I think?  Really hard for me to judge XP stuff though given that they can't expand innersight. :(
    Penwize said:
    As far as I can tell, it's a scaling amount based on how long the TF is I think?  Really hard for me to judge XP stuff though given that they can't expand innersight. :(
    Quit ignoring me and help me make the most of it dammit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Penwize said:
    As far as I can tell, it's a scaling amount based on how long the TF is I think?  Really hard for me to judge XP stuff though given that they can't expand innersight. :(
    Do I even want to know where the credit slot is for a bashing tour with him?
    Aesi said:
    Ahmet said:
    Penwize said:
    Do I even want to know where the credit slot is for a bashing tour with him?

Huh. Neat.
    Anyone know if decay times are measured by calendar months or serenades?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Used to be on the day ticks, but it looks like they spread that out to be more fluid now.  Probably because it was causing lag at one point in time.
  • edited May 2016
    Half months. Decay is processed on the 1st and 13th. If the item is created on the 2nd-13th, it will decay (and the months remaining will tick down) on the 13th, otherwise it will decay on the 1st.

Or at least that's what I found when making my vodun doll tracking system, years ago.

Edit: And as Penwize said, it doesn't happen instantly on the date change any more, though last I checked it still happened on the 1st and 13th.