Quick Questions

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I don't need to hunt nonstop really, I don't have that kind of attention span for bashing anymore. But something to help mitigate is still good, and I can deal with the rest by going to meditate somewhere while I afk to get a drink/check forums/watch a video/whatever.

That said, I did a round of Dun Fortress and a bit of number-comparing and the willpower drain still seems... high. Maybe not technically bugged, but really high. Just getting me through Dun Fortress alone left me with this (no megalith tattoo):

Willpower: 7062 /28725

This seems really off. I use 40 willpower per incantation at 3.2 seconds, which eats it up pretty quick. Just to check, I lesser'd to apostate, which is also 3.2 seconds per attack, but only uses 16 willpower per. Now, there should be some trade-off there of course, dragon is tankier, but I think maybe 40 is too high.

I'll do a second run with a megalith when Dun's up again just to check, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    I don't need to hunt nonstop really, I don't have that kind of attention span for bashing anymore. But something to help mitigate is still good, and I can deal with the rest by going to meditate somewhere while I afk to get a drink/check forums/watch a video/whatever.

That said, I did a round of Dun Fortress and a bit of number-comparing and the willpower drain still seems... high. Maybe not technically bugged, but really high. Just getting me through Dun Fortress alone left me with this (no megalith tattoo):

Willpower: 7062 /28725

This seems really off. I use 40 willpower per incantation at 3.2 seconds, which eats it up pretty quick. Just to check, I lesser'd to apostate, which is also 3.2 seconds per attack, but only uses 16 willpower per. Now, there should be some trade-off there of course, dragon is tankier, but I think maybe 40 is too high.

I'll do a second run with a megalith when Dun's up again just to check, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference.
    Stupid question: are you trans philo and clotting at a high number, or no philo and clotting any bleeding?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited May 2016
    Ah, not stupid, I should have included that.

I'm trans philo, and I clot at 60 or higher (which is the setting I've had forever). Used to be I'd get through dun with only about a third of my willpower, at worst (if I forgot my megalith, like I did above).

Edit: Tested, for some reason it's 30 willpower against an adventurer but 40 against a denizen. I have no idea why.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited May 2016
    I clot at 200 bleeding, disable focus while hunting (unless fighting things that give loki).. Can hunt through tir, moghedu, dun and azdun, and barely even notice my willpower go down, and that's without a tattoo or any lessons in philo :/

e: tailsmash for breaking shields now too, really fast and don't really notice a difference in speed, aside from when blast gets a high crit. Blast endurance usage also got increased though, apparently. Never noticed it using ~150 endurance before..
  • Daeir said:
    About 3.3s with diadem. Pretty sure (but not certain) that inc does more damage than gut, so it's probably on par now. Inc scales off collar AND int as well, so it's definitely the premier dragon bashing attack now at higher artie tiers, I'd reckon.
    Incantation should be somewhere around 15% higher DPS if fully artied, I think (L3 gauntlets + Jera versus L3 sash & collar + Aldar). Note that I haven't tested in-game yet, I'm just going off the 3.2/3.3 comments and scaling factor of the arties involved. And I'm bad at math, so I could be way off.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    someone find this out for me... lvl3 str arties v lvl3 sash collar and aldar. Do it meow. Thanks

Aegoth said:
    i have it i'm just too stupid ti finger it out

• The equilibrium cost on incantation was reduced from 4.25 seconds to 3.9 seconds which makes it now about 3.3 seconds with a diadem. If someone had already done the calculations before, all that has changed is that incantation now is about 9% faster.
  • Fully artied, incantation seems to be about 10% worse than gut from what I can tell.  That should mean it's better than gut if you don't have any str arties.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    edited May 2016
    Penwize said:
    Fully artied, incantation seems to be about 10% worse than gut from what I can tell.  That should mean it's better than gut if you don't have any str arties.
    If you have level 3 INT and level 3 STR it's still worse? And DPS is better unartied? Is it noticeable enough to make the switch from gut to incantation?

Also, how fast are gut and incantation without diadem?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Penwize said:
    Fully artied, incantation seems to be about 10% worse than gut from what I can tell.  That should mean it's better than gut if you don't have any str arties.
    If you have level 3 INT and level 3 STR it's still worse? And DPS is better unartied? Is it noticeable enough to make the switch from gut to incantation?

Also, how fast are gut and incantation without diadem?
    Gut dps is better unartied or with both 3 int and 3 str. Incantation with 3 int, level 3 collar, and diadem is only just slightly better than gut with +1 strength, where before it was pretty much better to use gut no matter what. This change just made incantation viable if you are fully int artied. Gut is 3 seconds. Incantation is 3.9 without diadem.
    What if you have lvl 3 int lvl3 collar lvl3 street? What an I to do???

• Szanthax said:
    Wtb level 3 street. Need three tanks to blow the room. 
    Grandue said:
    Szanthax said:
    Wtb level 3 street. Need three tanks to blow the room. 
    Lol str should autocorrect to "strempht" instead of street

Ps I dropped my phone and broke it while typing that lol

• Szanthax said:
    Chaos chaos chaos. Watch as Ashtan breaks yo shit IRL. #forumrp
  • edited May 2016
    Serverside curing. Does it do Sylvan elemental channels?  If so, how do I get it working? I'm stumped.

As it is, I can add defenses that need channels, but without the channel being opened first it spams me to death with failure messages when I log in until I open it manually.
  • Was there an unannounced nerf to incantation damage (or buff to gut damage) at some point? I'm not sure how incantation could be worse than gut still, when they were almost equal (gut had an advantage because of jera) and then incantation was sped up twice.

After the bashing overhaul, when incantation was at 4.25s, this was the damage of incantation and gut. In January, incantation was sped up from 4.25 to 4.05, which almost exactly compensated for jera, so gut and incantation had basically identical fully artied DPS. Now incantation was sped up from 4.05 to 3.9, so incantation's fully artied DPS should be about 4% higher than fully artied (plus jera) gut.
  • Sena said:
    Was there an unannounced nerf to incantation damage (or buff to gut damage) at some point? I'm not sure how incantation could be worse than gut still, when they were almost equal (gut had an advantage because of jera) and then incantation was sped up twice.

After the bashing overhaul, when incantation was at 4.25s, this was the damage of incantation and gut. In January, incantation was sped up from 4.25 to 4.05, which almost exactly compensated for jera, so gut and incantation had basically identical fully artied DPS. Now incantation was sped up from 4.05 to 3.9, so incantation's fully artied DPS should be about 4% higher than fully artied (plus jera) gut.
    Far as I can tell, and I'm not sure why, when dragon got a damage boost to hunting recently, gut got a rather significant damage increase, but incantation remained the same damage.  That change actually put gut above even things like tfang jabbing as a dragon.
    Grandue said:
    Szanthax said:
    I totally read #forumrp as #trump ... Ohmy

• Szanthax said:
    Grandue said:
    Szanthax said:
    Trump could be a Chaos lord.
  • Penwize said:
    Sena said:
    Was there an unannounced nerf to incantation damage (or buff to gut damage) at some point? I'm not sure how incantation could be worse than gut still, when they were almost equal (gut had an advantage because of jera) and then incantation was sped up twice.

Far as I can tell, and I'm not sure why, when dragon got a damage boost to hunting recently, gut got a rather significant damage increase, but incantation remained the same damage.  That change actually put gut above even things like tfang jabbing as a dragon.
    There was no nerf to Incantation damage, yeah, but I also assumed that it would benefit from the damage boost on the assumption that said boost applies to a class as a whole, rather than specific attacks from that class.

@Makarios is that the case?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aaric said:
    Serverside curing. Does it do Sylvan elemental channels?  If so, how do I get it working? I'm stumped.

As it is, I can add defenses that need channels, but without the channel being opened first it spams me to death with failure messages when I log in until I open it manually.
    It doesn't because they're not considered defences in the code, apparently. Just one of those fun legacy things. Unfortunately you'll have to do it manually or code something yourself to open them when required.
  • Antonius said:
    Aaric said:

It doesn't because they're not considered defences in the code, apparently. Just one of those fun legacy things. Unfortunately you'll have to do it manually or code something yourself to open them when required.
    Channels have fun side-effects all over. E.g., when your connection drops while in a journal, all the rest of your defs are preserved (including ones that require open channels), but channels drop.
  • Severina said:
    Antonius said:
    Aaric said:

Channels have fun side-effects all over. E.g., when your connection drops while in a journal, all the rest of your defs are preserved (including ones that require open channels), but channels drop.
    It's as I feared, then.  Thanks. I knew someone had to have encountered this problem by now. :anguished:
  • Szanthax said:
    Grandue said:
    Szanthax said:
    That is crazy, as I typed it I thought the same exact thing. Lol
  • Aaric said:
    Severina said:
    Antonius said:
    Aaric said:

It's as I feared, then.  Thanks. I knew someone had to have encountered this problem by now. :anguished:
    All the time. :( 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @sena or whoever, is algiz 10% resistance to all damage types or just blanket 10% damage reduction, and if its reduction does it also apply to the portion of attacks that is normally not reduced by resistances?
    Huh. Neat.