Quick Questions

Comments

• No no, the new runewarden artefact. 

A rough runestone (swift_runes) - 350cr
       - Faster sketching and smudging of runes.
         * Only works on ground runes.
         * Does not modify the balance time for sketching Thurisaz or Hugalaz.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    No no, the new runewarden artefact. 

Its worth every penny IMO.
  • Quick questions on the May promotion: 

What artefacts are included in the giftbags?

Does the 500 credit threshold persist through multiple credit purchases?
  • What are clay chips?
  • Tahquil said:
    What are clay chips?
    ARTEFACT CHIP TRADEIN CONFIRM

20 bound credits.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Are there minipets in this giftbag promo??? Thought I saw someone selling a badger and there hasn't been any of those before, unless they mean a beaver from before.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• When does the activity averages for house and city creditsales update? According to my score, I played a little over 13 hours last week, and 44 hours this week, but it's not enough for "average of 5 hours per week of activity" to participate in the creditsales?
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
          This racing snail is fairly small and has only a soft, translucent protoconch 
    until it grows its adult shell. Clearly eager to begin racing, he waves his antennae 
    to and fro, looking for competitors.
    A baby racing snail looks weak and feeble.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs 1 ounce(s).
    He is loyal to Kayeil.
    A baby racing snail is holding:
    Nothing.

Pretty sure they had a months left on them before and is now gone... so I wonder if they're not going to die now or if we're just not supposed to know how  long they're going to last?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• All my fleet ship captain/boarding perms got reverted to something recently and there are a lot of very old, very removed and very weird people with perms that I keep finding. What gives?

• edited May 2016
    Xaden said:
    No no, the new runewarden artefact. 

They're amazing. I use Uruz a lot for hunting, but I was very conservative about it since it had an 8 second balance cost for sketching it. But all of a sudden it's 2.32 with the rough runestone. Now I can just drop it quickly whenever I get ambushed by a wandering group of mobs and fight them right away.

Can't wait to try out the faster sketching/smudging in group fights and 1v1.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • It's 5 seconds. Not 8.

• I was hesitant to grab the runestone while there are still other 'essentials' I'm lacking, but I have been loving it so far for bashing - being able to throw down uruz without feeling like I might die while sketching it has been wonderful. I am sure there are some great PvP uses too, but that will have to wait until I actually know what I'm doing there. ~1 second on sketching most runes seems like no joke for scenarios where every second might count.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Does golem size affect its battlerage squeeze damage? Is a one-crystal golem damage the same as five-crystal golem for the purposes of magi bashing, is my question.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Do giftbags stack for the 500? Eg, I buy 200 credits today, 100 Friday and 200 more next week - will I hit that 500?
  • Halos said:
    Does golem size affect its battlerage squeeze damage? Is a one-crystal golem damage the same as five-crystal golem for the purposes of magi bashing, is my question.

I don't think anything influences battlerage damage aside from the affliction scenario ones and the new artie that increases its damage by 33% in groups.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Qwyn said:
    Do giftbags stack for the 500? Eg, I buy 200 credits today, 100 Friday and 200 more next week - will I hit that 500?
    Iirc promotions like this have been accumulative in the past, so my guess is yes.

• Utianima said:
    Qwyn said:
    Do giftbags stack for the 500? Eg, I buy 200 credits today, 100 Friday and 200 more next week - will I hit that 500?
    Iirc promotions like this have been accumulative in the past, so my guess is yes.
    Might not be. Recent promotions like talismans only gave you the bonus piece when you got them all in one go.

• Only the tiered promotions have been accumulative, I believe.

As in the "you get a reward at 100, 500, 1000, 2000 credits, and it loops" kind of promotions.
  • Darn, that sucks. Paging @tecton - please reconsider!

I'm a semi-big spender, but it's mostly all impulse buys from my "fun" funds. I doubt that I'm alone in that sort of thing, so I suspect cumulative credits towards giftbags would really pull on us impulse buyers. Only 1 more $40 purchase to get a free giftbag? Yeah, that's tempting!
  • Oh, that's how it is now.  If you buy 100cr individually, 5 separate times, you will get a bonus bag on the 5th purchase, just as if you had bought all 500 credits simultaneously.
  • Oh, phew ok! Great to hear!
  • Qwyn said:
    I'm a semi-big spender
    Now accepting bribes gifts!
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • A few questions:

Trade-in values of heron feathers, shrouds?
    Beneficial traits for magi other than quick-witted/int?

• Honestly, I have nimble. Staff strike is a balance ability and it is their primary prep tool. Nimble for 1v1 is a good idea, imo. Intelligence is good for things like vibes, most spells, but I find it most important in conflagrate damage. Conflagrate can get pretty damn brutal with higher ints. 

I believe my load out is: nimble, int, sticky stirrups. I raid and 1v1 regularly with it and haven't run into issues related to traits. 

• Eh, I tried nimble... didn't really like how it impacted my other skills like reflection, aerial, deepfreeze, etc. 10% may not seem like much, but it does matter when things are fast-paced. I have no trouble prepping people without nimble, and I don't think that it should be the go-to magi trait.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dairon said:
    A few questions:

Trade-in values of heron feathers, shrouds?
    Beneficial traits for magi other than quick-witted/int?

No tradein values for feathers. I doubt shrouds have them.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I think Nimble and Quick-witted are both valid traits for Magi; different approaches to accommodate different mindsets, and it's cool that Magi is a class that supports that. From what I've seen, though, I'm still in the Quick-witted camp. Staffstrike is 2.5s, so Nimble shaving ~.25 seconds off that is nice and is good if you're playing with handaxes, but I don't know of any tricks you -can't- pull off without Nimble, and most of Magi's big-ticket abilities are around 4s of EQ, so QE's seems to get more bang for your buck.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited May 2016
    Aerek said:
    I think Nimble and Quick-witted are both valid traits for Magi; different approaches to accommodate different mindsets, and it's cool that Magi is a class that supports that. From what I've seen, though, I'm still in the Quick-witted camp. Staffstrike is 2.5s, so Nimble shaving ~.25 seconds off that is nice and is good if you're playing with handaxes, but I don't know of any tricks you -can't- pull off without Nimble, and most of Magi's big-ticket abilities are around 4s of EQ, so QE's seems to get more bang for your buck.

precisely!!! frigging phone forums...