Quick Questions

Comments

• edited April 2016
    At level 80 and 75%, I am looking to try and speed up my hunting as a priest with 16 str. I'll have about 600 credits for my first artefact, what would be better to get a blood pendant, upgrade of my mace to lvl 1, or more strength with ogre gauntlets? I am very tanky, but I just want to hit harder.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Mace. The speed always gives you moar dps, not to mention whatever damage increase it gives.

Crit pendant after that, likely. Gauntlets can wait a while.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Definitely mace. Before the recent changes Sena mentioned mace being something around a 25% DPS increase.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dunn said:
    Oooo didn't realize those were that low of an investment...

gonna be like that week where @Jhui bought an Artie cleaver and opened his own butcher shop. 
    Does cost 50cr per skill after the first two though.

• Still a lot cheaper than the 2750ish credits per class for the fourth onwards (assuming you don't already have the slots from levelling).
  • Antonius said:
    Still a lot cheaper than the 2750ish credits per class for the fourth onwards (assuming you don't already have the slots from levelling).
    Heh, yeah, but a class is a lot more than a trade skill.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Antonius said:
    Still a lot cheaper than the 2750ish credits per class for the fourth onwards (assuming you don't already have the slots from levelling).
    I'm saving up for the new class... don't think i'm the only one (credits for sale).

• Atalkez said:
    Definitely mace. Before the recent changes Sena mentioned mace being something around a 25% DPS increase.
    Should still be the same percentage after the decrease, just 25% of a smaller number now.
  • Dunn said:
    Oooo didn't realize those were that low of an investment...

gonna be like that week where @Jhui bought an Artie cleaver and opened his own butcher shop. 
    Well you have to pay for extra slots, too.
  • I only want two so that's all good. It's still muuuuuch less than my fourth class slot will cost to trans either way. 

• Can the island wings be used from anywhere? What are the limits on their use? Can you use them at low health?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Qwyn said:
    Can the island wings be used from anywhere? What are the limits on their use? Can you use them at low health?
    They're supposed to be usable from mainland and from any of the areas it can take you to. Unsure about health.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Qwyn said:
    Can the island wings be used from anywhere? What are the limits on their use? Can you use them at low health?
    Not from the islands our outer islands (I hope they can be used from their destinations soon though), any health, not prone, wearing and say "duanatharic" is about all.
  • They currently do not work from anywhere but the mainland.  Supposedly this is a bug, though, and they should also work from the islands they go to.

Otherwise, same limits as other wings.
  • What are the limits for normal wings? My only reference is Aetolia, where wings have several limitations on use.
  • Limitations: Room hinder (piety, ghands etc), prone, indoors, silence vibe, off plane/islands

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • To add to that: anything that prevents speech (stuttering, lacerated throat, silence vibe, off say balance), vertigo, balance/eq.
  • Oh, wings don't work inside? Hmm...
  • They work inside in Aetolia? :o
  • edited April 2016
    Yeah, used to be deathcaves for inside, wings for outside, but they now both work in either. However, you need to be above like 75% health and mana to use them, as they wanted them to be more of a travel arti vs escape.

The no limitations on health/mana makes wings pretty appealing...
  • What's the advantage to using the knight spec switch artie over just paying 100 lessons? The lesson cost is so much cheaper, and it's not restricted to once every 24 hours, is it?

It's kind of a disappointing artefact, the spec switch one :(
  • Anedhel said:
    What's the advantage to using the knight spec switch artie over just paying 100 lessons? The lesson cost is so much cheaper, and it's not restricted to once every 24 hours, is it?

It's kind of a disappointing artefact, the spec switch one :(
    Once you use that artie 21 times(which, if I had a spec change artie, I'd probably use it all the time), it's paid for.
  • I suppose, but the 24-hour cooldown is really lame.
  • Getting four classes you can switch from every 24 hours independent of the non-knight classes you might have as multi isn't exactly bad.
  • It is when your class cooldown is only a minute!  Should be tied to your current class cooldown level I think, aggression timer and all.
  • 350 gets you a one-hour class cooldown, yeah. Not sure why specs should be 24 hours :/
  • I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I've been going over Sylvan skills and getting confused. Regarding Thornrend, does it use balance or equilibrium, does it use int/str, is it affected by any offensive artefacts? Cause then I see propagation of sileris on arms and that it makes it blunt damage instead of magic, which begs the question of what artefacts/stats affect it now or if Troll racial affects it etc.
  • Based on the AB file for Thornrend, the base cost is 3.00 seconds of equilibrium. That would be reduced to 2.70 seconds by the Quick-witted trait. According to Announce #3962, the damage is based on Intelligence (it was previously based on strength, even though Viridian gives +2 int):

* THORNREND is now based off the sylvan's intellect, rather than strength, giving it more synergy with the class.

• Anyone got the rough runestone yet?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Xaden said:
    Anyone got the rough runestone yet?
    They're for fortunetelling. Quite hilarious.

(assuming you're referring to the rough sack of runestones, that is)
    Huh. Neat.