Quick Questions

Comments

• Last Tecton said, they'd probably remove the restriction on having to have forged it yourself in order to wear it.

• Either of those I'd be fine with. Long as we don't lose it.

• Gods I hope not. Market flooded with super insane fullplates selling for credits.

• I'm playing a weird minecraft mod pack (it's almost more like a total conversion mod) involving recreating the world from the most basic essentials, and one of the mods involved features making customizable weapons from parts that determine the weapon's final stats. The actual customization is a bit restricted since most materials are just better than other materials, so there are a small number of ideal weapons (with minor customizations like choosing between faster attacks, fire, and more durability), but it would be neat if forging became this.

I could see equipment talismans, rare materials, compositions, and other cool stuff.

That said, three stats (four if you count durability, I guess!) isn't very much to customize, so as it is now the system would become even more limited than the Minecraft system... but if weapons got other definable characteristics (like something to affect parrying, maybe defensive stats, off-hand stats for dual-wielders, etc.), and the same with armor (resistances? maybe other defensive effects?)

• Nim said:

I'm playing a weird minecraft mod pack (it's almost more like a total conversion mod) involving recreating the world from the most basic essentials, and one of the mods involved features making customizable weapons from parts that determine the weapon's final stats. The actual customization is a bit restricted since most materials are just better than other materials, so there are a small number of ideal weapons (with minor customizations like choosing between faster attacks, fire, and more durability), but it would be neat if forging became this.

I could see equipment talismans, rare materials, compositions, and other cool stuff.

That said, three stats (four if you count durability, I guess!) isn't very much to customize, so as it is now the system would become even more limited than the Minecraft system... but if weapons got other definable characteristics (like something to affect parrying, maybe defensive stats, off-hand stats for dual-wielders, etc.), and the same with armor (resistances? maybe other defensive effects?)

I am more interested in this Mod pack, why aren't you sharing!

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Trey said:
    Datrius said:
    @Tecton

Out of curiosity, what do you intend to do with Fullplate, once forging is removed from the Knight classes? Will it be removed, stay as is, or just moved into what ever skill replaces forging for Knights?

I would imagine the latter, since Knights are the only ones who can wear it anyhow.

Antonius said:

Last Tecton said, they'd probably remove the restriction on having to have forged it yourself in order to wear it.

This!

• For Iron Elite, if I buy a bunch of credits for a new character and my old character has a current Iron Elite membership, does the 10% credit purchase bonus apply to the purchase I make for the new character?  I'm actually asking for another game, but I imagine it's the same across IRE.

• As long as you've registered the new character to the same email address, so it's part of the same "account".

• Yay, that makes me happy.

• Achimrst said:

I am more interested in this Mod pack, why aren't you sharing!

The mod pack is Agrarian Skies. It'd normally not be my cup of tea at all, since it's kind of slow, but I'm playing it with friends and we've sort of divided up the modpack amongst us, and generally we only play on a weekly basis so it's not particularly overwhelming.

The mod with the weapon crafting is Tinker's Construct, and there's also a Tinker's Tweaks mod that gives individual items experience, so you can level them up through use. That might be a cool idea for Achaea too, maybe. Leveling them up either gives random bonuses or modifier slots so you can give bonuses of your choice.

• Jules said:

For Iron Elite, if I buy a bunch of credits for a new character and my old character has a current Iron Elite membership, does the 10% credit purchase bonus apply to the purchase I make for the new character?  I'm actually asking for another game, but I imagine it's the same across IRE.

I'm not fully sure if both characters on the other game, or if one is on one and another is on the other, so I figured I should mention that, unless I'm completely mistaken, I think Iron Elite is just for that one game (eg. if you get it in Achaea, you won't receive any benefits in Aetolia).

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's for the one game. I had Iron Elite running for Achaea and Lusternia. I think they count as separate businesses.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra is correct. The benefits are not cross-game.

• Jules said:

For Iron Elite, if I buy a bunch of credits for a new character and my old character has a current Iron Elite membership, does the 10% credit purchase bonus apply to the purchase I make for the new character?  I'm actually asking for another game, but I imagine it's the same across IRE.

What Kyrra and Sarapis said. Tried it in Aetolia, got told it didn't work that way, stopped playing completely and got my ass back in here.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone (gods included) kept a copy of a Dala'myrr's description and would be willing to send it to me. I swear I thought I kept a copy, but turns out I didn't and there isn't one to be found anywhere on the forums. :( Pretty please?

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Anyone know off hand when the underworld was released? I could have sworn I had been playing for awhile before it came out but I could easily be misremembering. #thatplaceinevergo #someoneonlinemaybewrong

Khairt said:
    Anyone know off hand when the underworld was released? I could have sworn I had been playing for awhile before it came out but I could easily be misremembering. #thatplaceinevergo #someoneonlinemaybewrong

SEARCHNEWS EVENTS UNDERWORLD!

• Yeah, but then I'd have to log in. Ew. #playingforums4lyfe #onaphonethedreamtheanthem
    But thanks though, I'll check it out when I get home

• No need to yell, @Tecton‌ :(
  • Is there a quick way to see how much talisman pieces are worth?  If it comes to it I can dig everything up - except I can't on the sprite, for example.  

Sarapis mentioned it in the other thread, but the sprite is worth 200cr.

• AubreyAubrey in hot place

Hello! Does anyone know how I can make ASCII art look okay in Achaea? Mine doesn't look aligned at all. 

• Aubrey said:

Hello! Does anyone know how I can make ASCII art look okay in Achaea? Mine doesn't look aligned at all. 

You would need to use a fixed width font. http://www.lowing.org/fonts/

edited June 2014

@Vaetra‌ I have made it on gedit, with monospace. It looks okay, but when I paste it to Achaea, some alignments are wrecked :<

edit: oh gosh, the \s are missing. 

Got it! :S I have to add \ to the \s so that they will appear in Achaea.

• OretOret Northreach
    Best traits for PvE Dwarf Sylvan?
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited June 2014

@Oret

Not a Sylvan but if I were rolling one, I'd pick Quick-witted (faster EQ), Brilliance (+1 Int) and maybe Lethal Ink (faster offensive tattoos, slower defensive tattoos) for Major.

For Minor it doesn't really matter, but Green tender (additional grove light) and Master contemplator (better willpower regen) are good.

• @Aktillum: I'm not sure why you're recommending Lethal Ink if Oret was going PvE, unless Sylvans constantly use hammer tattoo while bashing?

• AktillumAktillum Philippines

Ah crap, mind blanked out the PvE part. Replace Lethal Ink with Lucky (more crits) or Aim to Kill (more damage from crits).