Quick Questions

Comments

• When I used to play aeons ago, you had to be part of a guild to be promoted to a full class. Is that still required or can rogues become full members of a class?

• Hermitage said:

When I used to play aeons ago, you had to be part of a guild to be promoted to a full class. Is that still required or can rogues become full members of a class?

Just hit level 21 as a rogue to get past skilled
    Hit level 50 to be able to become full member.

On the flipside, if you're in a House and rank 2 and level 30, you can become a full member.

• edited May 2014

Hermitage said:

When I used to play aeons ago, you had to be part of a guild to be promoted to a full class. Is that still required or can rogues become full members of a class?

Yes it's possible, but it requires that you reach level 50. There is a house (more than one?) not tied to a city you could join though. If you joined it, you would only need house rank 2 and level 30. See HELP EMBRACING CLASS.

retired
  • edited May 2014
    Hermitage said:

That was changed 9 years ago. Guilds have become Houses now, a House can accept multiple classes, and you can become a full member of any class without being a member of any organisation. You can look at HELP CLASS in-game or the help files on the website to see all the details.

Keep in mind that aligned classes (infernal/apostate, priest/paladin, sentinel/druid/sylvan) can still have access to their skills limited or taken away if they go against their class's faction. A priest who fights against Good will be excommunicated and effectively lose access to devotion, for example.

Edit: Some aspects of a class may be different/better if you're in a House, though. Houses provide Master Crystals and Ourobori for mages (for refining crystals and enchanting; both are available without a House, but it will cost some gold), milking rooms for serpents. Karma works differently for occultists in the Occultists' House.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited May 2014
    What happened to the news RSS feed?:
    <a href="http://www.achaea.com/feed.php">http://www.achaea.com/feed.php</a>

Found some notes of me using it ages ago, but doesn't exist anymore. Moved, or no longer available?

The RSS icon on bottom of website leads to a feedburner which does not work. Or is it temporarily down?:
    <a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/Achaea">http://feeds.feedburner.com/Achaea</a>

• Do Gods play the game through regular accounts too?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited May 2014
    Verd said:

Do Gods play the game through regular accounts too?

here @Verd, from the HELP PROMOTIONS scroll : 

WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT AWAY

-----------------------

When you are invited to enter the Garden as a Celani, and you accept, your

mortal character or characters become unavailable to you. You may not play a

mortal character while you are an Immortal.

Many Celani who, for one reason or another, decide that immortalhood

is not for them, have decided to give up the opportunity and return

to their mortal existence. This is possible, but is handled strictly

on a case-by-case basis. After being promoted out of Celanihood, it

becomes impossible to return to your previous mortal(s).

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

@Tecton / @Makarios / @whicheverCelaniisincharge: After the Y650 celebrations in which the jousting addon was launched for the first time, we were told that this addon would be made available to cities in time. Any idea when that might be? @Kresslack has been wanting to hold a jousting tournament for a while, just waiting to see if we should wait for this to be made available to us.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Verd said:

Do Gods play the game through regular accounts too?

Yes, we connect through a mud client, just like everyone else. 

Jurixe said:

@Tecton / @Makarios / @whicheverCelaniisincharge: After the Y650 celebrations in which the jousting addon was launched for the first time, we were told that this addon would be made available to cities in time. Any idea when that might be? @Kresslack has been wanting to hold a jousting tournament for a while, just waiting to see if we should wait for this to be made available to us.

Soon! I'll try to get this sorted out in the next little while.

• Soon™.

(Couldn't help myself)

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Tecton said:

Jurixe said:

Soon! I'll try to get this sorted out in the next little while.

My and @Jurixe's anticipated reaction to this news.

• Kresslack said:

You're the one on the right, right?

• Would it be worth it to get an arty megalith tattoo, or should I save my credits until I can get circlet/amulet of will?

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I copy pasted from bannercode... my siggy isn't working, why?

• Tohran said:

You're welcome

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Cynlael said:

Tohran said:

You're welcome

Thank you!

• Ghia said:
    Would it be worth it to get an arty megalith tattoo, or should I save my credits until I can get circlet/amulet of will?
    If a megalith is good enough regen, and you aren't planning on learning enough tattoos (that would be >1200 lessons) to ink your own any time soon, then a permanent megalith could be a good idea. If your willpower doesn't go very far even with a megalith though, or you can ink a megalith yourself, or you're just fine with getting someone else to re-ink it for you frequently, go for the circlet.

For reference, while not meditating, a permanent megalith is 100 credits for 0.6 willpower/second and a circlet is 300 credits for 1.5 willpower/second.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ghia said:

Would it be worth it to get an arty megalith tattoo, or should I save my credits until I can get circlet/amulet of will?

At 100 cr, artefact tattoos are a steal. However, there are certain things to consider:
    - can you ink your own megalith?
    - how expensive, relatively speaking, are the inks?
    - how frequently do you need to re-ink?

If you can re-ink and the inks are relatively cheap, carry on saving for the circlet, get a megalith later. You can have both.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

It used to be said that factors that affected jousting were:

a) Level of steed (light horse, legendary, etc)

b) Weight of steed

Never quite figured whether the strength of the steed (quite powerful, humble-looking, etc) was a factor. Now, with the arena jousting noting that lance stats are a factor in determining a winner, I wondered if there have been any changes to the factors that determine out-of-arena jousting (so just jousting normally per AB RIDING). Do mount strength, winged/unwinged, lance stats all make a difference for out of arena jousting?

(paging @Makarios / @Sena / @anyonewhoknowsanythingaboutjousting)

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• "Level of steed" refers to the numerical level (like "level 50", not "greater war horse"), which I'm pretty sure is what determines the consider/probe line. If so, that line can give an estimate, while killing the mount or another identical one can give you the exact level through stat stats. Weight has been rumoured to matter, and I've always been sceptical of that, but I've never conclusively confirmed or denied it.

It does seem like flying mounts in general are worse for trampling, but I'm not sure if that's an explicitly defined factor (in which case I'm also not sure if it applies to jousting) or if flying mounts just tend to have lower levels (in which case it probably does matter for jousting).

I don't actually have enough riding to joust yet, so I've never actually tested it and can't be 100% sure of anything jousting-related.

Jurixe said:

It used to be said that factors that affected jousting were:

a) Level of steed (light horse, legendary, etc)

b) Weight of steed

Never quite figured whether the strength of the steed (quite powerful, humble-looking, etc) was a factor. Now, with the arena jousting noting that lance stats are a factor in determining a winner, I wondered if there have been any changes to the factors that determine out-of-arena jousting (so just jousting normally per AB RIDING). Do mount strength, winged/unwinged, lance stats all make a difference for out of arena jousting?

(paging @Makarios / @Sena / @anyonewhoknowsanythingaboutjousting)

Just the level of your mount and your skill in riding affect the outcome of out-of-arena jousting.

Oh, so lance stats don't matter at all for out of arena jousting, then. Hmm - that's a little too bad, but we'll make do. Thank you @Tecton for the response!

Antonius said:
    @Jurixe Out of arena jousting is basically entirely RNG anyway.

When Targossas held a jousting tournament during our last festival Draekar bought two of the snowy white war horses to use for bouts, and we just steedtraded them around, so it was about as fair as it was going to get. Had I won I was going to offer to buy the horse I'd been using, then put a collar on it and customise it a bit. Since the total opposite happened, I considered buying it anyway, then killing it and burning it on the fire we had set up in the Square.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping maybe it'd been tweaked with the new jousting arena thing, but I guess not. Maybe I'll just separate jousting by mount level or something.

And you should have :P

• @Tecton @Sarapis Is there any possibility that we could move to forum software that isn't total garbage? Or at the very least quoting from the mobile version could be fixed?
  • ZiiZii
    edited May 2014
    -house creditsale rule add perm position of apothecaries of the fist boundprice 3000 boundlimit 30 unboundprice 3000 unboundlimit 30
    You need to specify the rule details in order.
    Syntax:
       HOUSE CREDITSALE RULE ADD PERM perm BOUNDPRICE price BOUNDLIMIT limit UNBOUNDPRICE price 
    UNBOUNDLIMIT limit

How do I make this thing work?  I feel like those old dudes in front of a new computer with all these new do-dads and thingamajigs..

Back in my day, we had to dish out credits on our own, uphill in the snow, both ways.

EDIT: Still need help, I lied.

-house creditsale rule add perm position of apothecaries of the fist of ebonfist boundprice 3000 boundlimit 30 unboundprice 3000 unboundlimit 30
    Invalid person or organisation. Please refer to HELP PERMISSIONS
    Apothecaries of the Fist           Head of Alchemical Productions

*Animated Signature*

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

How does one define the difference between an adventurer and a denizen in an IC manner?

Before, we used the Trial of Rebirth and entering the Flame as a measure between them, as denizens did not go through it... but now, the intro has entirely changed. Denizens -are- often kidnapped and manage to escape, yet still remain denizens. Perhaps not by pygmies, but what makes them different than any other? Is it the fact they manage to figure out how to lure the one woman into a pit? Or is there something more?

I know this is kind of a vague question, but I was going through some old roleplay lines and this question suddenly bugged me. I have no idea how to define it now, and opinions (or clarifications from above) would be welcome.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I actually think it's a good thing if the difference between adventurers and denizens isn't stressed too much IC. The most immersive RP is usually one that treats adventurers and denizens pretty much the same.

Of course, there are some practical differences that are noticeable IC as well, but how to explain the difference there can possibly be handled on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, one might say that the gods simply favour some people over others, for whatever reasons they may have. In some cases, one might ascribe it to choices the character/denizen has made in his personal life. In yet others, it can simply be glossed over.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Can the next promo be talisman pieces? I really want a bait bucket.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."