League of Legends

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Hmmm....didn't do bad actually. Rengar has become my favourite champion. So far, not impressed with any of the new ones they've come out with so far.

• How's Akali, as of present? I'm planning to get her.

• edited February 2013
    Sexy.

Also fun.
  • Playing Akali is like, "I couldn't possibly do *that* much damage." QRQRQR "Guess I do!"

Also set up a rune and mastery page so you can get both her passives at level 1 without items.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    just AD on her mastery page, then get move speed quints and cooldown reduction blues (possibly health or armour yellows). complete the ad points through masteries and get spell pen and max out offense and get move speed. 

You'll get the AP bonus straight away through items, dont' bother getting boots early, I would just rush sheen or hextech revolver because your q will let you farm til 6 and once you get 6 everything dies/is kill stolen. 

Akali is a good kill stealer and is very good for melting an ADC. You have to be REALLY farmed to kill anyone other than the ADC late game though. Fortunately, it is easy to get really farmed if you get a sheen and a rylai's early, or a hextech gunblade. People with less than 2000 health just walk up to you and give you xp.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    just AD on her mastery page, then get move speed quints and cooldown reduction blues (possibly health or armour yellows). complete the ad points through masteries and get spell pen and max out offense and get move speed. 

You'll get the AP bonus straight away through items, dont' bother getting boots early, I would just rush sheen or hextech revolver because your q will let you farm til 6 and once you get 6 everything dies/is kill stolen. 

Akali is a good kill stealer and is very good for melting an ADC. You have to be REALLY farmed to kill anyone other than the ADC late game though. Fortunately, it is easy to get really farmed if you get a sheen and a rylai's early, or a hextech gunblade. People with less than 2000 health just walk up to you and give you xp.

@Mishgul: Currently burned my IP on a AD red, armor yellow, scaling mag res blue and AD quint combination due to my main being Riven. Will that combination work for Akali while I farm for the other runes?

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    That seems ok. To be fair ihave one rune page for every hero because you only yolo once

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I caved in. Sylvanica, add me! :)
  • Yess. More new blood.

Now I can replace @Daklore and form our pro team! Season 4 Path to Pro, here we come!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Heimerdinger buuuuuff.
  • Heimer is so fun to play and such a charming character, it doesn't even matter that he isn't exactly strong.

I've been playing support Heimer. It is great. Whenever they engage you drop two turrets and press R. Enemies ignore turrets to focus you/your carry. Meanwhile turrets gradually deal hundreds and hundreds of damage over a few seconds, while AOE slowing, and shredding armour. It is crazy strong at early levels. Throw a grenade at the enemy carry. Even if you miss the stun, you'll land a lengthy blind. Forget about AP: build Randuin's for another AOE slow, Twin Shadows for another AOE slow, and be an unkillable PITA while your turrets nickel and dime people to death.
  • I always get raged at when I try to support heimer. :(. But it's so fun!
  • I like to wait in bushes near mid, then just as someone walks in, grenade, turret, turret, missiles, ulti, GTFO.
  • Erasariel said:
    Yess. More new blood. Now I can replace @Daklore and form our pro team! Season 4 Path to Pro, here we come!
    Works for me.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • So..League systems. No more ELO, and more compact ladders! Haven't played ranked yet, but looking forward to it.

(or I'll just play normals as usual. :P)

• http://i.imgur.com/etiV4El.jpg
    Such a good lane when we don't get camped by their entire team the whole game.. I like having a team that actually punishes their lane opponents for roaming >_>

• On another note, I've decided this game officially hates me and that it sucks.
    3 games in a row where I do everything right and we lose.. And then suddenly...

--->
    http://i.imgur.com/9PKiTLj.jpg

• I've had games like that, where you're just having what feels like the best game of your gaming career... and it all goes to hell in a handbasket because the other lanes fed and jungle is three levels behind from bad ganks.

And then I get games where I'm doing all of this... and my team actually snaps into place. Like the game I just played that I didn't screenshot because I didn't feel like it.

57 minute game, 11/9/21 Kog'Maw with 331 CS... and we won 4v5. We probably would've won before 40 if our mid didn't leave. But we trounced them in most of the team fights and kept the pressure on their base and eventually had two inhibs down when we managed to screw up. We were sure they had no vision of baron, they were forced to back from posturing at mid because two lanes were in their base hitting their turrets and bottom was pushed right up to inhib turret.

We still took three of them down for our four and forced them to back. But inhibs re-spawned a minute or two later, and since they dropped at almost the same time(we had the advantage, why wouldn't we?) we had to go back to a tricky dance on the razor's edge.

But we won. ... I know, a screenshot is way better than my after-action report, but all you get is an AAR.
  • @Daklore: To be honest, I prefer AAR. More exciting to imagine the whole story than just see the results. 

• edited February 2013
    If anyone wants, i am usually free to play with...LoL is my current no-life-game but Archaea might take its place...
    Cynlael said:
    On another note, I've decided this game officially hates me and that it sucks.
    3 games in a row where I do everything right and we lose.. And then suddenly...

--->
    http://i.imgur.com/9PKiTLj.jpg
    Its the way the game is set up. The system slowly matches you with better players the more wins you have, and worse the more you lose. It aims to get you at a 50% ratio.
  • OH GOD THAT CLG PLAYS.

CLG CLG CLG

• Anyone who says supports don't do anything in a game, needs to watch that Curse vs Dignitas game, right after the first baron... I think it was the first baron. Dat Lulu.

Dems the supports making plays.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Been a while since I last played. (About a month or longer.) School finally ended, and I decided on a warm-up game:

Woo, supports!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I like how the enemy team is blaming everyone else for the loss.
  • edited February 2013
    MRN MRN MRN MRN

DAT CINDERELLA STORY

MRN SEASON 3 WORLD CHAMPIONS. MAKE IT SO!

EDIT LCS IS IN FOUR HOURS IM SO PUMPED

• I hope their daily tournament video includes 36 minutes of logo again before anything happens.

Only complaint though, other than that this tournament is being done really well by Riot.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I don't know if my being pumped for the LCS bled into my games, but MAN I was pumped for this Xin Zhao game. I just picked him for laughs and trying-out, and thought that maybe I should try tanky Xin as it seemed to work a lot.

It did. Did a marvelous job at ganking the lanes, peeling and singling out, and generally made for an amazing game.

Now I know what champion to buy next. I never felt more comfortable and effective in the jungle role.

• Unless it was Diamondprox or Helios playing Xin then no big deal. Diamondprox carries game single handedly when he plays it. And Helios is Korean so naturally he is god at video games.

• Hii League players! I am fairly new to LoL.

I play Ashe, Lux, Riven, Wukong, Annie, and Mordekaiser. The first 4 champs I mentioned are definitely my favorites. I like bruisers and I like ranged. Ashe is squishy, so is Annie early game. Ashe seems to scale better late-game, Annie is so-so. Wukong and Riven fit my hyper-aggressive playing style, allowing me to secure many kills that would otherwise escape my team (tower diving, etc.)

Had this rather silly game earlier..

• Yue said:
    Hii League players! I am fairly new to LoL.

I play Ashe, Lux, Riven, Wukong, Annie, and Mordekaiser. The first 4 champs I mentioned are definitely my favorites. I like bruisers and I like ranged. Ashe is squishy, so is Annie early game. Ashe seems to scale better late-game, Annie is so-so. Wukong and Riven fit my hyper-aggressive playing style, allowing me to secure many kills that would otherwise escape my team (tower diving, etc.)

Had this rather silly game earlier..

Were you building a second last whisper..? Please say no.