League of Legends

Comments

• edited January 2013
    That's when the mute button becomes very helpful!

ETA: I make it a point to say on team chat something like 'muted :)' so just in case the person does try to report me, it's on record for the Tribunal to read. Also, not gonna lie, when you do it that way, it feels shamelessly like snubbing people used to (which is to say, an instant 'I win' button).
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited January 2013
    People can call that harassment or abuse though, @mathonwy :|

But yeah, mute button is your friend.

On a more exciting topic: I watched the last day of LCS NA qualifiers. I was SO stoked at the great games! Rooting for MRN, their comebacks are just legendary.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Erasariel said:
    People can call that harassment or abuse though, @mathonwy :| But yeah, mute button is your friend. On a more exciting topic: I watched the last day of LCS NA qualifiers. I was SO stoked at the great games! Rooting for MRN, their comebacks are just legendary.
    I feel like the tournament was fun to watch, but there's a huge disparity between the top 3 teams and the bottom five.

At one point the camera was zoomed in on a karthus mid and he missed like 7 cs in a row.
  • Halios said:

Turns out I'm not Jesus so turning the other cheek is difficult at times.

• Erasariel said:
    People can call that harassment or abuse though, @mathonwy :| But yeah, mute button is your friend. On a more exciting topic: I watched the last day of LCS NA qualifiers. I was SO stoked at the great games! Rooting for MRN, their comebacks are just legendary.
    Nah, if the only thing you're doing is ignoring them for being verbally abusive (and then telling them and everyone else you're doing so, just so there's no confusion),there's no way the Tribunal would punish you for that, especially if you're being positive, helpful, or communicative in the game outside of that.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Really fun playing on my friends account from a clean slate with neutral ELO and a low champion pool.

Makes me way more oriented towards picking what works for the team, and im practicing a small pool of champs (1-2 each lane).

16-9 so far. Been practicing AP Nidalee which is hilariously fun. If you know how to cs well and you can survive lane passively then post 6 you just wreak havoc by roaming.
  • ^ For me it's generally something along the lines of...
    Top: Jayce, Elise / Lee
    Mid: Elise, Ahri, sometimes Talon or Lee
    Jungle: Lee, Shen (if not banned) or Jax because Jax is a boss jungler.
    AD: Almost always Vayne, or Ezreal.
    Support Sona/Lulu

... I like Lee.

• Cynlael said:
    ^ For me it's generally something along the lines of...
    Top: Jayce, Elise / Lee
    Mid: Elise, Ahri, sometimes Talon or Lee
    Jungle: Lee, Shen (if not banned) or Jax because Jax is a boss jungler.
    AD: Almost always Vayne, or Ezreal.
    Support Sona/Lulu

... I like Lee.
    Top: Riven / Jayce / Lee / Shen
    Mid: Nidalee / Teemo / Anivia / Lux
    Jungle: Lee / Nautilus / Cho
    AD: Ezreal / Graves / Caitlyn
    Support: Leona / Taric / Zilean (AP Zilean support is hilariously strong)
  • I usually play this:

Top:Darius / Vi / Tryndamere / Riven
    Mid: Veigar / Gragas / Vladimir / Fiddlesticks 
    Jungle: Warwick / Kha'zix / Rengar
    AD: Ezreal / Varus / Ashe / Caitlyn
    Support: Alistar / Jarvan / Taric / Leona

• edited January 2013
    Now THIS is a real dunk.

(just in case people here dont check reddit)

• I can't see like half the pictures people post on here for some reason :(

On another note... On the off chance I don't play one of the mids I listed... Good old AP Yi. Heh heh...

http://i.imgur.com/8wpLk.jpg

Kat got pooped on :D

• lol @ cynlael name
  • edited January 2013
    Problem?
    How did you only just notice that? Lol. I've had you friendlisted for about 2 weeks now.

• Cynlael said:
    Problem?
    How did you only just notice that? Lol. I've had you friendlisted for about 2 weeks now.
    Oh, I'm on temp ban like I said.

ap nid carry too hard
  • edited January 2013
    Against bots - got Riven from boots to BT in 13 minutes. It's a personal record for me.

ADDENDUM: And of course, apparently helping kill someone who was getting really far away from Ahri on ult cooldown is report-worthy. 

• Bots wat.. You should be getting 10CS per minute, if you're playing properly. That's not even perfect cs, and still 110 cs at 13minutes, not including jungle creeps.
    :V

Not to mention bots you can easily get like 8 kills in 13 minutes.

• I think my record against players playing ADC was 21 kills in 22 minutes :(

I was over the kill/minute point for a bit, but then they all stayed in their base while they argued over surrendering, the jerks.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I always knew I would salvage myself from this losing spree!

After two weeks' worth of scarce playing time and losses, I managed to pick up a perfect win today. Everything just -clicked- in that game: my support did well and our kits really had a synergy, most of my team did well, and our teamwork was seamless. Never died in that game - mostly because of the well-combined efforts of our team (and in small part to Heal and Flash).

Forgot to printscreen the post-game lobby, so I took this off the LoLReplay program (which all of you guys should get).

What a great way to end being on tilt!

• I have lolreplay.

Everytime I ran it, I lost the game.

I stopped running lolreplay.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Cynlael said:
    Bots wat.. You should be getting 10CS per minute, if you're playing properly. That's not even perfect cs, and still 110 cs at 13minutes, not including jungle creeps.

Well, I forgot to mention that I haven't played LoL in a while. And I'm no pro like those high-elo guys in this thread. And I suck otherwise, keke.

• edited January 2013
    Synbios said:
    Cynlael said:
    Bots wat.. You should be getting 10CS per minute, if you're playing properly. That's not even perfect cs, and still 110 cs at 13minutes, not including jungle creeps.

Well, I forgot to mention that I haven't played LoL in a while. And I'm no pro like those high-elo guys in this thread. And I suck otherwise, keke.
    No one starts off good unless they played another moba for a long time, and even then it takes some adjusting.

Always fun to play with people above/below you.

I learn just as much teaching people to play as I do playing with people better than me.

If anyone wants to play a friendly game my name ingame is MachineUSA.

Happy to play with anyone, no matter the skill level :)
  • edited January 2013
    Zhao Yun Xin Zhao and Lu Bu J4. Hot damn. If they had horses they'll be totally worth theme skin status!

Pictures:

Warring Kingdoms Jarvan IV (Lu Bu)

Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao (Zhao Yun)

• For you folks with macs, Riot just released a beta mac client(only usable on the Pre-Beta Environment currently, from what I've read), so League from a Mac is soon to come in the future.

• edited January 2013
    Hooray Boompje! (his team worked on it)

Hooray mac users!

• I'm shopping for runes for Riven, and I'd like advice - which is better for attack damage marks and quintessences: flat or scaling?

• There's a list of runes here

You want flat AD, no question. The early-game power of that extra 15 AD from level 1, for last-hitting, and fighting in lane - or for jungling - will far outweigh the benefits of having more AD later on. Scaling marks + quints will give you 35 AD at level 18, for the record.

Generally you want runes for early strength, or to cover your early weaknesses. Items have you covered later on. This isn't always true, but I found it a helpful way to think about things.
  • http://i.imgur.com/Oi9P7nH.jpg
    First time Kha'zix, almost as hard as AP Yi, yo.

• Played as a level 25 jungler Riven against intermediate bots(still practicing, not yet 30, so not using Junglemongler on pvp games just yet). I think I found my true calling. 27/7/21. Endgame items were Ravenous Hydra, Guardian Angel, Mercury Treads, Bloodthirster, Maw of Malmortius, and Black Cleaver(cleavers, cleavers everywhere). That was a refreshing change of pace from going top lane.

• Yeah, but bots are predictable, and don't ward, therefor don't respond to ganks like real players (should. Most don't ward anyway...)

Do some PvP jangles(I started dabbling in jungling before level 25, so it should work out for you as well) and then decide >P
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    My hour long update is finished, and I'm fixing to play LoL for the first time in about five months. Here goes nothing....