League of Legends

Comments

• I still haven't even gotten a quadra. Came close once. Then a Veigar stole it. I wasn't mad, a little sad, but hey, a kills a kill, and a rolls a roll. And if we don't get no dough, we don't get no rolls.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Heimerdinger micro-rocket triple kill.

One day I will get an ulti micro-rocket pentakill.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    the only time i got a quadra was when i gota pentakill. Dak was there i think.

Also addd me "mishgul"

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I was not there, no. I was there in skype when you were all hyped up over it.

I've never gotten a quadra, almost had one once.... but a Veigar stole it. There was no way of getting a penta on top of that, considering A) I died(I was Twitch, my passive would've killed him), B) the fifth person required for the penta was either already dead by someone else, or on the other side of the map, or something.
  • Got me a Leona from the Champion sale today. Played her as my first support tank. Still trying to get away from the 'bruiser om nom nom CS' mentality that I've nurtured through Riven though.

• Synbios said:
    Got me a Leona from the Champion sale today. Played her as my first support tank. Still trying to get away from the 'bruiser om nom nom CS' mentality that I've nurtured through Riven though.
    but she isn't in the champion sale today is she?

I only see Shyvana, Brand and Anivia.

I missed Leona the last time and been waiting for her to appear on sale again hehe.

• Goggo said:
    Synbios said:
    Got me a Leona from the Champion sale today. Played her as my first support tank. Still trying to get away from the 'bruiser om nom nom CS' mentality that I've nurtured through Riven though.
    but she isn't in the champion sale today is she?

I only see Shyvana, Brand and Anivia.

I missed Leona the last time and been waiting for her to appear on sale again hehe.

Garena LoL had a Support Champion sale from Dec. 14-17. The next sale is a Jungler Champion sale.

• edited December 2012
    uhm.. okay I'm noob, what's Garena?

edit: I checked that page and has some different skins that my lol? (Like elf tristana and some xmas skin for sona).

I downloaded from pvp.net, that's another version of lol?

• edited December 2012
    The game publisher Garena owns League for most of Asia, and they put up an IP block so people living there have to play exclusively on their own server.

They have a different network, and they integrated League's login and such so you automatically have a League account with a Garena account. They have different promos, free champion rotation, etc etc.

Riot owns everything else - Korea, Europe, and NA.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I have to hack life to get on the EU Nordic servers. Not that it really matters what server you are on, the community is just terrible 99.999% of the time, though we did have an awesome Akali yesterday.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

I don't know what it is, but when I play on EU servers, everyone is ten times worse than they are on the america or garena servers.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    I really hate the LoL community.  I just had a game in which my support refused to ward for me on bot, so I bought all the wards as the ADC.  A little later on down the game I died due to no wards in tri-bush(after mine expired).  My support was all "you should have warded".  A bit later on in the game we kept constantly getting ganked from bushes because NOBODY wanted to ward, and I had a full ADC inventory with no room.  I was like "if we could just get some wards down we can win this easily", response was our Mid, Kat, saying "If you want wards so bad you should sell items and get them.
    Was pretty pissed at this point so I sold all my items and bought an entire inventory full of wards.  

• Akia said:
    I really hate the LoL community.  I just had a game in which my support refused to ward for me on bot, so I bought all the wards as the ADC.  A little later on down the game I died due to no wards in tri-bush(after mine expired).  My support was all "you should have warded".  A bit later on in the game we kept constantly getting ganked from bushes because NOBODY wanted to ward, and I had a full ADC inventory with no room.  I was like "if we could just get some wards down we can win this easily", response was our Mid, Kat, saying "If you want wards so bad you should sell items and get them.
    Was pretty pissed at this point so I sold all my items and bought an entire inventory full of wards.  
    Well the entire community isn't terrible, of course, there are a lot of kids which usually single-play or have no clue of what are they doing, and yeah that is pretty bad, but I've meet a good share of nice people there too..

In my experience, if you play Draft Pick / Ranked Duo +, you will see that happen a lot less.

Then again I just started playing like 2 months ago thanks to this thread, but that's my impression.

On a unrelated note, is it possible to get the skins from Garena into Riot Lol? that elf Tristana looks amazing! 

• Yeah, most people at lower levels of play don't ward, at all. EVER. "Wards are useless" they say. Then when there are wards picking up the lone ADC derping around in a jungle and you can kill him 4v1... I mean, vision is power, how can people not get this? Even Era hated to ward as support before S3... now with sightstone, supports have no reason to not be able to afford to ward.

Doesn't mean they know the power of warding, either.

Also, there are still people at the higher summoner levels who still don't know how to ward, or simply don't want too. They watch the pros, pick up the "omg this champion can wreck everyone" vision... ignore the wards. "Wards are useless and expensive." ¬_¬

And no, not to my knowledge, Goggo. Skins can't be imported between servers, you're stuck with what Riot puts out for skins.
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    I'm not in a lower level of play at all.  I'd say a vast majority of the times I lose is when there's not proper warding.  I've been playing league for years(?), not sure how long it's been out but pretty close to the beginning.  Anytime Dunn, Jarrod, Triak and I play, whoever isn't on our team usually drops the ball, most notable is the jungle.  If one of us isn't jungling it's a disaster.  Top and bot will be pushed into their towers and ganks just never come.

• Warding is winning.
  • edited December 2012
    So, in an extremely idiotic move by me, me and Daklore switched Katarina and Sona and launched into the game with the wrong runes and masteries.

I did alright..I guess..

Also, I must be so, so lucky today - that Ez started raging late in the game, thank goodness.

• Goggo said:
    Well the entire community isn't terrible, of course, there are a lot of kids which usually single-play or have no clue of what are they doing, and yeah that is pretty bad, but I've meet a good share of nice people there too..

In my experience, if you play Draft Pick / Ranked Duo +, you will see that happen a lot less.

Then again I just started playing like 2 months ago thanks to this thread, but that's my impression.

On a unrelated note, is it possible to get the skins from Garena into Riot Lol? that elf Tristana looks amazing! 

Sadly no.

• LoL community truly is the worst.

Load up client... figure I'll play one, can't be too bad...

Haven't really played since last season in ranked so im ~1400 elo right now...

first/last pick duo queue from EU spams about taking top and adc and if we take their lanes we will "loose" and we will fail.

I don't negotiate with terrorists so I lock in Ezreal, wait for the rage, all caps spam, etc. Game starts. I get FB, go 6-1 in lane, carry the game with top and mid (the duo queuers) failing miserably.

I ended up something like 20+/5/20+... They just shit talk all game and then blame everything on others when a mistake happens.

I don't want to live in this world anymore. We lost because one of them was playing karthus and refused to zombie mode in to initiate. Fuck league.
  • Halios said:

I don't negotiate with terrorists so I lock in Ezreal, wait for the rage, all caps spam, etc. Game starts. I get FB, go 6-1 in lane, carry the game with top and mid (the duo queuers) failing miserably.
    My new answer to every request I don't want to agree to.
  • Welcome to the League, Vi!

• So, I play AP carry a lot, so I'm not unaccustomed to getting pentas from time to time. However, this will forever be the highlight of my pentakills -- an enemy team turned on me after demolishing the rest of my team, and I ult+shield for a triple kill, then fan the other two to death for the penta. I guess what that means is...

Karma is a bitch.

• Synbios said:
    Welcome to the League, Vi!
    I'm having trouble getting past the login screen. I'll try again later.
  • Synbios said:
    Welcome to the League, Vi!
    I'm having trouble getting past the login screen. I'll try again later.
    I bet it's because of Vi's rocking theme song.

• @Synbios Every time I go to log in it starts playing again and I have to sit and listen to it 8-X
  • There is no escape.

And for some reason, tomboys with huge powerfists turn me on.

• Doesn't it turn all of us on.

Tomboys #1.

• damn I bought the full package with the alt skin when it was having a "no show" error..  it shows now and is horrible, hahaha 

• My second honor badge, yay:

• WTB mentor system in LoL please. MENTOR DAKLORE and get all his RP.