Combat Logs

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Dochitha said:
    3) If damage is a path, at least, bring it further to assault, that is a VERY long sequence exceeding more than 12s, giving room for defensive play, all sorts of variables and chances for DWB to screw up.
    It's not a kill where there's a lot of variables, though, many opportunities for interruption, or any real complexity. You hit one leg twice, you hit the other leg twice, you assault twice. Defensively, it doesn't matter how you cure, and tumble hurts as much as helps from the engage hit. 

If this is intended to be an alternative kill to pulp (which doesn't even seem necessary, given how strong a place pulp is in), then at the very least it should require more then four double whirls to prep for it, and it should actually allow for some sort of defensive play.
  • edited July 2017
    Keorin said:
    Dochitha said:
    3) If damage is a path, at least, bring it further to assault, that is a VERY long sequence exceeding more than 12s, giving room for defensive play, all sorts of variables and chances for DWB to screw up.
    It's not a kill where there's a lot of variables, though, many opportunities for interruption, or any real complexity. You hit one leg twice, you hit the other leg twice, you assault twice. Defensively, it doesn't matter how you cure, and tumble hurts as much as helps from the engage hit. 

If this is intended to be an alternative kill to pulp (which doesn't even seem necessary, given how strong a place pulp is in), then at the very least it should require more then four double whirls to prep for it, and it should actually allow for some sort of defensive play.
    It's also mostly match ups, but I thought monk should have quite some tools to handle knights. DWB is glaringly strong counter against certain classes, but struggle / require good control against other classes (esp hinder heavy aff classes).

I DWB'ed Iakimen's monk, he killed me most of the time. Damage didn't get him cos kai / disrupt, pulp didn't get him, cos he cure somewhat lamely @Iakimen!
  • Did you break his arm(s) as monk?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Did you break his arm(s) as monk?
    Yeah, he cured arm first, so he could cripple heal etc, with vitality and transmute he can tank the damage quite well and cripple screws pulp timing, pretty effective. I haven't tried double arms against him tho.. cos DWB use left arm expend to bypass parry, so kinda mess up left arm often...
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    @Dochitha Torso expend is an alternative parry bypass when you want a double arm setup against those pesky Kai Cripplers.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • In what situations does that actually end up being faster or better than just using left arm, though? Monk has relatively little hinder to go with its offense (possibly less true with Shikudo), so you shouldn't need to hit left arm that many times unless they're constantly running. Even if you do break it, prepping left arm again seems like it would be faster than using expend torso on every doublewhirl you need to bypass parry on.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    You wouldn't stop using left arm expend, you just have torso available when the left arm is prepped and you only need a hit or two on a parried something to finish your quad-prep setup. Torso bypass is a situational supplement to left arm bypass, not a replacement thereof.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • It's clearly triplejab in disguise.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Man I modified my old scripts just to abuse avatar triplejab for ezpz locks. Bring it back plz.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Man I modified my old scripts just to abuse avatar triplejab for ezpz locks. Bring it back plz.
    I have a locked folder of Avatar aliases that makes me sad to scroll by :(

Legit would have joined Scarlatti's order and yolo died hundreds of times on nish just to use triplejab.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Does DWB have an answer to preapply these days? How can they punish looping resto to legs without a quad prep?
  • Sidonia said:
    Does DWB have an answer to preapply these days? How can they punish looping resto to legs without a quad prep?
    You can just break them right after they apply the restoration if they loop it. The margins for pulp are huge and losing out on <0.5s isn't going to break it.
  • @Ahmet

Avatars don't get to use their god's YOLO power.

If we did Farrah would be fucking hillarious as Deuc's avatar.
  • edited July 2017
    Sidonia said:
    Does DWB have an answer to preapply these days? How can they punish looping resto to legs without a quad prep?

Why do they need to be able to without a quad prep?

Regardless, any class can somewhat respond to preapply by just immediately breaking on leg apply. You only lose a fraction of a second then.

@Calira ninja'd me gud :(
    @Frederich Yes, I realize that. I'm saying that if we could, I would have already done the above.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Frederich said:
    @Ahmet

Avatars don't get to use their god's YOLO power.

If we did Farrah would be fucking hillarious as Deuc's avatar.

I want to Mayology with Deuc power. You kill me, you die. You don't kill me, you die. Plz.

(It really wasn't my fav of the powers tho, and not worth the rage of being stuck in Pit for 30 min :'( )
  • Farrah said:

Why do they need to be able to without a quad prep?

Regardless, any class can somewhat respond to preapply by just immediately breaking on leg apply. You only lose a fraction of a second then.

@Calira ninja'd me gud :(
    Well quad prep is slightly more work, dunno if that counts as counterplay. Haven't combatted in a while 
  • Taryius said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/JXNbTNKo

Sometimes enemies need to set their issues aside and just play a good game of catch.
    Hot potato*

• We just both miss @Jhui so much.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Dunn said:
    We just both miss @Jhui so much.
    Armband will help with that :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited July 2017
    This is the case: DWB usually faces extreme hinder that wears out momentum (DWB has it's struggle, is balanced, not so OP)... But in this case I fail to spam through para to even hit, and that double miss or I could prolly handle it better with a break to breath... Very unfortunate lining up, but entertained me, I am still laughing... omg, I did nothing!... enjoy the log.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/t2p_i7s5

• That's not really the most convincing of logs, when attempting to dissuade from thinking DWB is strong. Just saying. :|

Also smoking rebounding > curing smoke affs is probably not the wisest of choices.
  • Sayenna said:
    That's not really the most convincing of logs, when attempting to dissuade from thinking DWB is strong. Just saying. :|

Also smoking rebounding > curing smoke affs is probably not the wisest of choices.
    Good catch, fixed it too! Was svo and curing priority defense list and curing priority list issue. Need to place rebounding really at the bottom to have this working.
  • Dochitha said:
    This is the case: DWB usually faces extreme hinder that wears out momentum (DWB has it's struggle, is balanced, not so OP)... But in this case I fail to spam through para to even hit, and that double miss or I could prolly handle it better with a break to breath... Very unfortunate lining up, but entertained me, I am still laughing... omg, I did nothing!... enjoy the log.

Not sure what trigger is causing this, but
    "You have no eat stored in the Rift."
    You can't 'outr eat'.
  • Dochitha said:

Might want to fix your locked alias or whatever you're using. You have no eat stored in the Rift.
  • Kogan said:
    Dochitha said:

Might want to fix your locked alias or whatever you're using. You have no eat stored in the Rift.
    Fixed that too omg.
  • You probably want to slow prep a bit more.