Combat Logs

Comments

• Standard Exelethril bitching because his 1 button offence didn't win 100% of the time.

You're misguided about what the ability does, and it's one of the easiest things to punish your opponents for using.

Learn to play, noob.

• Yeah, if they blow you out of the room(? Not sure if bypasses lyre) then walk away as they're recovering balance from using it. Or have a Stonewall up, lyre, then use mushroom/ride home. 

Seriously bro. As a pure momentum class and all, screw prep classes who get upset they lost. You guys can touch shield non stop then attack when you caught your breath. (RUDE. @Farrah) If I run or shield it's a restart. Like @Lylith said above, it's a can of worms with the whole topic so I'll leave it at you have options, and now you know them. It may/could use a cool down, but it's not a huge deal. I can just evade and fly away. You can raido. Etc.
  • edited February 2017
    Kythra said:
    It's impossible to do anything besides run/turtle the moment Mayalogy is active cause their balance is reduced to 1 sec before they die in 45-60(?) secs-ish.
    Lol 15-20 depending what they put into potency. Extends by 20-30 for every kill. Learn classes bruv. Or strum lyre or raido away. That's like saying death tarot is busted because nothing stops it.
    Think you've missed the main point of his original post fairly entirely. He's complaining more about its use as a defensive measure - self denial on knowledge that you're close to being prepped - rather than as an offensive measure. Death tarot is not really comparable.

Fairly easy to time mayology in this matchup such that the SnB is close to full prep but not close enough to go into the kill. Offensive strength of mayology forces SnB to play defensive. Creates a get killed by or lose the kill situation for the Snb. In other words, a lose/lose situation that the Alchemist has full control over. Of course, this is not to say that the Alchemist comes out of it with no consequences.

I just hope Lylith says "OVER 900000000!!!!!111" when she uses it.
  • Iakimen said:
    Kythra said:
    It's impossible to do anything besides run/turtle the moment Mayalogy is active cause their balance is reduced to 1 sec before they die in 45-60(?) secs-ish.
    Lol 15-20 depending what they put into potency. Extends by 20-30 for every kill. Learn classes bruv. Or strum lyre or raido away. That's like saying death tarot is busted because nothing stops it.
    Think you've missed the main point of his original post fairly entirely. He's complaining more about its use as a defensive measure - self denial on knowledge that you're close to being prepped - rather than as an offensive measure. Death tarot is not really comparable.

Fairly easy to time mayology in this matchup such that the SnB is close to full prep but not close enough to go into the kill. Offensive strength of mayology forces SnB to play defensive. Creates a get killed by or lose the kill situation for the Snb. In other words, a lose/lose situation that the Alchemist has full control over. Of course, this is not to say that the Alchemist comes out of it with no consequences.

I just hope Lylith says "OVER 900000000!!!!!111" when she uses it.
    Lylith is not Madi.
    And I know his point, but he wasn't saying it in that post at all. Not if he thinks it's a whole damn minute long. Lmao
  • edited February 2017
    Kythra said:
    Yeah, if they blow you out of the room(? Not sure if bypasses lyre) then walk away as they're recovering balance from using it. Or have a Stonewall up, lyre, then use mushroom/ride home. 

Seriously bro. As a pure momentum class and all, screw prep classes who get upset they lost. You guys can touch shield non stop then attack when you caught your breath. (RUDE. @Farrah) If I run or shield it's a restart. Like @Lylith said above, it's a can of worms with the whole topic so I'll leave it at you have options, and now you know them. It may/could use a cool down, but it's not a huge deal. I can just evade and fly away. You can raido. Etc.

When have I ever shield spammed against you outside of a group fight...? Are we talking about group fights?

Nothing against shield spamming, as it's valid defense in the current state of things, just confused why you tagged me for that.

• Reasons like this are why I have come to prefer Prep over momentum/aff classes. The idea of my hard work being washed away by turtling or having to flee, upsets me.
  • edited February 2017
    I wasn't paying attention to the time frame, just the 1-sec balance 2x afflicts/self-deny but the time frame isn't actually relevant nor is DeathTarot. I get your point about being a can of worms, though it's bordering on the rationale of "If I'm having trouble with a prep class, I'm just going to kill myself after exponentially boosting my chances of winning"; not that it's inconsequential after, it's not as consequential as it should be.

@Cooper : Your periodical whining about my "1-button offense" applies to anyone that afftracks, which includes Mhaldorians/A-team/x people. Probably time to stop crying once and for all, homegirl.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • You can shield repeatedly to gain the advantage over momentum, something which boosts your chances of winning. Why would I not use my class abilities to boost my own?  :/
  • Lylith said:
    You can shield repeatedly to gain the advantage over momentum, something which boosts your chances of winning. Why would I not use my class abilities to boost my own?  :/
    Cause your op lylith that's why!
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!

• Also pictured, homunculus.
  • Farrah said:
    Kythra said:
    Yeah, if they blow you out of the room(? Not sure if bypasses lyre) then walk away as they're recovering balance from using it. Or have a Stonewall up, lyre, then use mushroom/ride home. 

When have I ever shield spammed against you outside of a group fight...? Are we talking about group fights?

Nothing against shield spamming, as it's valid defense in the current state of things, just confused why you tagged me for that.

You don't get my reference. :cry: Every time I give up trying to solo take you down in group fights due to shield, I say rude and leave. :smiley:

But yes, that's as stated above. It's a valid defense. And the can of worms of prep v momentum.
  • I just highlight Mayology an obnoxious color and do everything possible to GTFO when I see it. Urn, wings, evade, fly, dash... all while screaming "SHIIIIIIIT" at the top of my lungs. Then poof. It's over. 

• I think his problem with it is the kill deny if you have to run away like that and then they die to self. Though, he got a lot of kills that I saw, so I was a little confused about the concern.

Could make it give the kill to whoever hit the alchie last within the past minute or so, though, while still having the current deathsight (anon kill, but you get the credit/xp/contract completion/etc.).

Granted, could say the same of kill deny with something like boosted doom. Maybe whoever the doom was targeted on should get the kill if it fails.
  • edited February 2017
    That'd be weird kill gains though. Why did the person get the kill? Simply for evading? Getting a kill has always been about the person doing the deed, not getting acknowledged for avoiding life-ending circumstances.

The message itself would seem awkward. "Depthswalkers has fallen to their own doom, that was meant for X", or "X has avoided the doom of Depthswalker, and Depthswalker has now fallen". "X has avoided Alchemist, whom dies to their own Mayology". Eh...

I think a different solution would be required.
  • "Falsely prophesising the doom of <target>, <person> succumbs in their place."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I think it'd be an interesting twist. 

'<Player has brought about his|her own doom instead of that of <target>'

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    But the doom deathsight is already sooooo good.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm confused why there was no leg application, am I missing something?
  • Ryzeth said:
    "Falsely prophesising the doom of <target>, <person> succumbs in their place."

But that still wouldnt define why they got the kill. It is describing what doom already is: You dying in the place of your target.

Based on how kills work in the game, it just wont make sense for someone to gain an actual 'kill' point on another, by avoiding their doom or mayology.
  • I don't see why not. The name doesn't even have to be in the deathsight. Just give them the kill.

If you were in a ranked combat spar and your opponent boost doomed and failed, you'd win. You should "win" if dueling for a contract or bounty too. Otherwise they have an easy, unstoppable heartstop substitute after heartstop was super nerfed to not work that way.
  • That illusion of bite delivering a venom had me excited. That might actually be good, let you try to re-stick sensi for the second bite.

Also bite and no breathstorm is rough, it makes a big difference.
  • edited February 2017
    I imagine the illusion is to force repeated diagnoses to throw you off EQ. 

Making it harder to stand/tumble.
  • Why were you ignoring leg breaks.
  • Jovolo said:
    I imagine the illusion is to force repeated diagnoses to throw you off EQ. 

Making it harder to stand/tumble.
    I meant more 'what if dragons could bite with a venom', not 'that illusion is a great idea'. Bite <tar> prefarar, dragoncurse sensi, etc.
  • Oh yeah, that'd be crazy
  • Technical mistakes on both our ends aside, he tanked FIVE BITES. FIVE.
  • Technically he tanked four. He died on the fifth.
  • edited February 2017
    I facepalmed while reading that Dragon bite log. Then I realized I've done the exact same thing multiple times with a broken anti-vivi toggle that I hadn't bug proofed vs Jhui's blademaster then facepalmed again.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Ryzeth said:
    Technically he tanked four. He died on the fifth.
    I could tank 5, if I aria'ed. And if I applied, would have stood. And that was horkval, if I wear a cloth armour with 5% cutting it will make it tankier. And I am not sure if continuo fired there. Lots of IFs,  tanking is trend.