Combat Logs

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Yeah, Softfocus hits every rune, so 2 Wunjo + 1 Nairat would still be a 43% chance to dodge Transfix? (My statistics is rusty, but 33% to dodge 1 Nairat, plus 33%x33% to dodge both Wunjo) Since I don't see any other totem effects, I assume the full configuration is Wunjo x3, Nairat x3, which is somewhere around 7% to escape Transfix. (33%^3 to dodge all 3 Wunjo, + 33%^3 to dodge all 3 Nairat)

I still like having at least 2 Fehu for the chance to prone--I figure 2x Wunjo and 2x Nairat is safe enough--but in a guarded room 3x3 is a pretty safe configuration.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    2 unblind + 1 tfix rune = 59% chance for tfix.

3 unblind + 3 tfix runes = 93% chance for tfix.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I really need to start reading the last post in a thread before I comment.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Ahmet said:
    I really need to start reading the last post in a thread before I comment.
    Blind peer review is best peer review.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Double blind peer reviews are also known as high school essays.
  • I just want lv 2 unblind on dudes.
  • edited March 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Lz1c_Wtq

Anyone care to give some advice on how to deal with DWB's? Pretty please? (other than "don't walk into runes")
  • Looking at that, you tried to tumble out of a multiple exit room after hitting block instead of leaping the block or picking a new exit, let him straight three-shot your right leg without moving parry, prioritized caloric over damaged legs, and didn't use rebounding at all.

I'm not some big city A-tier duelist or anything, but my suspicion is that all of those things I mentioned are bad and you should avoid doing them. 
  • edited March 2017
    Prio your legs over shivering/frozen solid, use rebounding.

Edit: Ninja'd :/
  • Nazihk said:
    Looking at that, you tried to tumble out of a multiple exit room after hitting block instead of leaping the block or picking a new exit, let him straight three-shot your right leg without moving parry, prioritized caloric over damaged legs, and didn't use rebounding at all.

I'm not some big city A-tier duelist or anything, but my suspicion is that all of those things I mentioned are bad and you should avoid doing them. 
    Yeah, my prios are a mess and I was actually wondering about that caloric over restoration prio. The default svof seems to be worrying more over shivering/frozen than mangled legs. But thanks for confirming that!

Protip for annwyn loljumpers: rebounding annoys me while bashing, so I turn it off and forget to enable it after. :expressionless:
  • Coamenel said:
    Nazihk said:
    Looking at that, you tried to tumble out of a multiple exit room after hitting block instead of leaping the block or picking a new exit, let him straight three-shot your right leg without moving parry, prioritized caloric over damaged legs, and didn't use rebounding at all.

Yeah, my prios are a mess and I was actually wondering about that caloric over restoration prio. The default svof seems to be worrying more over shivering/frozen than mangled legs. But thanks for confirming that!

Protip for annwyn loljumpers: rebounding annoys me while bashing, so I turn it off and forget to enable it after. :expressionless:
    As a sentinel you should never enter the room of your opponent without having a noose trap set on the return. That way any time you tumble/leap out you are basically safe from being killed.
  • Could preapply legs

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Parry is pretty meaningless against DWB, especially if they can just manglelock you off of a single leg break with flails (partly due to your priorities), but switching your parry around at least forces them to expend on your arm to prevent parrying, which both slows down them prepping your leg (because they're aiming at least one hit at your left arm) and them having enough momentum to prone.

If you're going to tumble out of a room, you need to have something in place to prevent them just immediately following. Against attacks that only require you to be prone, tumbling out of a room that has no wall/room hinder into a room that has no ground runes or noose traps they'll hit is often the same as just not tumbling at all.

I don't think the issue was purely your priorities; it's also svo's tracking of afflictions. It's picking up shivering from GMCP on the doublewhirl that first breaks your leg and prones, then is assuming that nairat froze (when it didn't) because you've already got shivering; that results in two caloric applications before it realises you're not actually frozen. Later on, when you are actually frozen, you only apply caloric once (curing frozen) then restoration. You still want frozen below damaged legs, but your priorities aren't quite as bad as it first seemed.

I don't know what Sentinel's affliction control is like, but dual blunt has essentially zero constant hinder, so it's susceptible to being hindered back heavily by paralysis, clumsiness and weariness. Going on the offensive may be a better option than trying to run away.

DWB was supposed to lose the bonus limb damage on prone targets, but that never happened, so manglelocks are still an issue (only thing you can really do there is get more health). I also think the proc rate on Lagua (pretty sure it's Lagua) on blunt weapons is waaaaay too high; fighting a dual blunt Runewarden shouldn't mean you're totally unable to use tattoos for the entire fight.
  • Rebounding is great vs DWB. While I hate noose prepping, Rangor is right. Have an escape route in mind. 

• Tumbling without noose or anything is worse than just sitting still. Engage was murdering you.
  • I have to admit that I was under the impression that I had the place noosed up. Or rather, I DID noose the place up, but I forgot to enemy him *shuffle*
  • Coamenel said:
    I have to admit that I was under the impression that I had the place noosed up. Or rather, I DID noose the place up, but I forgot to enemy him *shuffle*
    I figured out your problem. You forgot to enemy him. You're welcome :)

• Coamenel said:
    I have to admit that I was under the impression that I had the place noosed up. Or rather, I DID noose the place up, but I forgot to enemy him *shuffle*
    Time to add enemying to your targetting and tumbling aliases!
  • I lost a contract kill once because I didn't enemy for my lightwall to affect the person. 

Added if not table.contains(enemies, target) then send("enemy "..target) end reaaaaaaaally fast to my dstab alias. 

• Dunn said:
    I lost a contract kill once because I didn't enemy for my lightwall to affect the person. 

Added if not table.contains(enemies, target) then send("enemy "..target) end reaaaaaaaally fast to my dstab alias. 
    Lightwall doesn't require someone to be on your enemy list? Unless it used to and was changed, I don't remember. Definitely doesn't require it now though!

• It does now, because people were just throwing them up right outside of Minia and murdering novices with it with duels at NoNT and just being a general asshole.
  • I don't know if both parts require them to be enemied, though. It won't give darkshade to people who walk through it if they're not enemied (that was the part that would kill novices, who generally had no curatives), but I've never tested if it still accelerates the darkshade affliction on non-enemies.
  • Only requires enemying to give darkshade on walking through. No enemying required for accelerate effect. Pretty sure looking at it still gives you darkshade.
  • Dunn said:
    I lost a contract kill once because I didn't enemy for my lightwall to affect the person. 

Yeah, took me one time forgetting to add that to my alias to order my pets/ents hostile.

• Hmm. The wording of the announce that that change went in under seemed to indicate that you needed enemy for the acceleration of darkshade. Confirmed with Mak that it's only the pass through. 

• edited March 2017
    What happened to nairat? 

Edit: OH LOOK MY OLD CLASSLEAD 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Oh that happened on a propped totem.

Runelore
    --------
    * the NAIRAT rune when sketched on the ground now gives ENTANGLED rather than TRANSFIX.

LIES!
  • I bugged it @Achilles & @Mizik

It's changed overall to be that.  It's a totem nerf.  Writhe on it is basically now 2 seconds compared to.. 3.5-6 seconds.
  • i wonder when they nerf rngjesus yet. remember voidfist?

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.