Mending, tree
    1: resto arms
    1.8: head eps/ept
    3.6: leg delph/delph
    5: resto legs
    5.4: torso cur/pref
    7.2: leg cur/pref
    9: impale

Now assuming no mending after head break, and no curing latency, the time matchss evenly. This is also the most stock basic head break dsb I could thonk of, there are better ways.

Head break should also definitely break any mindlock a Monk has. As in, that would be a decent change and should happen
  • edited August 2014
    Jovolo said:
    0: arm eps/ept
    Mending, tree

Now assuming no mending after head break, and no curing latency, the time matchss evenly. This is also the most stock basic head break dsb I could thonk of, there are better ways.
    That implies that people prio legs. As I stated above, svo (by default) - as well as server side both Prioritize Head over Legs.

Let's pretend for a second it doesn't. If the Leg is cured before the impale, then they'll writhe. 

The second leg restoration occurs at 9 seconds even, by your outline above.

Impaling at 9 seconds would be cool, but even if you impale before the restoration tick, Restoration will always tick immediately after, and so will the writhe command, writhing off a single leg break.

Oh, not to mention at any point in that window if they tumble, you're 100% hosed.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Right and in that time it took Aelios to prep to stop 1 ability he has been prepped a minimum of twice. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aelios said:
    Jovolo said:
    0: arm eps/ept
    Mending, tree

That implies that people prio legs. As I stated above, svo (by default) - as well as server side both Prioritize Head over Legs.
    If they prio head > everything then get creative, jesus
  • Also if they tumble any point after head break. They're prone with a tumble timelonger than impale and shatter balance.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Stonewall.
  • Daslin said:
    Stonewall.
    Any top tier monk is not going to fight you in a 100% walled room unless they just think you're that bad.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited August 2014
    Make them think you're utter crap.

It's like hustling in bars.
  • Jovolo said:
    If they prio head > everything then get creative, jesus
    Not how Runewarden works. You've got Damage, Hunger, and Disembowel.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Exactly.
  • Why not just admit that something is broken. 

• Jovolo said:
    I'm not suggesting it's even remotely balanced at the minute. Just offering an alternative. 
    get creative while it exists. There are ways around it.
  • edited August 2014
    You can whine all you want about the obviously broken mechanic, but you're better off finding an alternative because classleads aren't open and there's no mention of them any time soon.

Unless you have enough tissues to last until then.

• Simple fix: You can't mind throw if you're impaled.  Done deal.  Shouldn't require classleads to fix flaws in the game.  Especially flaws with very simple solutions.

I still don't think it's as big of a deal as people make it out to be, though.
  • I know I'm late, but let's stop this here. Other than Runie with Gular - cock blocking themselves for the tumble chasing - there's no way for a Knight to stop Mind Throw.
  • Or Numb*

Fucking Numb. The anti-knight.
  • "Fixing" mind throw while impaled isn't going to fix much of anything. Monks will just switch to back to numb. Or mind batter. Etc.

• Ernam said:

I recently made a handy new "system" that puts me in "not paying attention" mode if I don't enter any commands for 30 seconds.  Has already saved my life twice.  The system makes a popup for a few seconds and makes a little "ding" sound if any any of the triggers fire (which include backstabs, snipes, and soulspears, thankfully), if I haven't done anything recently.

Was sitting in Targossas, watching Colbert Report when this went down: http://ganklogs.me/log/MTlmO

One single lupine shot would have done it, and I'm pretty sure I missed it by a few milliseconds.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Trey said:
    Ernam said:

I recently made a handy new "system" that puts me in "not paying attention" mode if I don't enter any commands for 30 seconds.  Has already saved my life twice.  The system makes a popup for a few seconds and makes a little "ding" sound if any any of the triggers fire (which include backstabs, snipes, and soulspears, thankfully), if I haven't done anything recently.

Was sitting in Targossas, watching Colbert Report when this went down: http://ganklogs.me/log/MTlmO

One single lupine shot would have done it, and I'm pretty sure I missed it by a few milliseconds.

Why did I just waste the time to click that if you didn't even die?   Are you trying to sell sound triggers for 500cr now? 
  • If it took several thousand hours of work to develop and revolutionized combat, I would!
    Revolutionize?  Lol. Tired of hearing that an affliction tracker is worth 500cr.  Everyone who wants workable afflicting tracking with examples in implementing, pm me your email address.  I will send tonight or tomorrow after work. Fo free.  Donations welcome.
  • edited August 2014
    *shrug*  Think what you want, every single user of my system loves it.  I can also absolutely guarantee that your tracker doesn't come close to Godzilla.  No offense, it's simply a fact.

I do find it amusing how little you choose to mask the fact that you're only insulting my system because it is mine, not because of its quality.
    I was insulting your price, actually.  If @jhui decided to sell one for 500cr, I would make fun of that one too. Is yours better?  Probably.  I am not a computer coder rl. Is mine free?  Yes.  Is the difference worth 500cr? Lol
  • *shrug* A lot of people have bought it, and a lot more people have been turned away.  Personally, I'd rather have Godzilla than my veil, or my entire set of stat artefacts.  It's simply far more valuable.

If you don't feel that way, then I'm not going to try to convince you or anyone otherwise.
  • edited August 2014
    Austere said:
    I was insulting your price, actually.  If @jhui decided to sell one for 500cr, I would make fun of that one too. Is yours better?  Probably.  I am not a computer coder rl. Is mine free?  Yes.  Is the difference worth 500cr? Lol

I based the price on 3 things:
    1) It took me a massive amount of time to create the system.  Roughly five times longer than it took me to bash to dragon.  I value my time.
    2) The price includes a massive amount of support and dialogue with each user.
    3) 500cr makes the price restrictive which intentionally bottlenecks the number of users.  This is good because:
         a. As mentioned, each user requires a lot of support.
         b. I don't want a lot of people out there using Godzilla.  The intrinsic value of the system is higher with a smaller user base.

The system is not available to everyone.  If that wasn't the case, I might be able to lower the price.  The work involved in the system is comparable to projects like SVO, but unlike SVO, is not being purchased by hundreds of people.  That also drives the price (and value) of the system up.

Another thing you're failing to realize is that to many people 500cr simply isn't that big of a price tag.  It's less than my phone bill, and I don't even look at that.
    500cr is a lot of money to be spending on something you can get for free!  Pm's people!

Disclaimer: my affliction tracking will not auto win for you.  You actually have to play the game to be a winner.  
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Austere said:
    500cr is a lot of money to be spending on something you can get for free!  Pm's people!

Disclaimer: my affliction tracking will not auto win for you.  You actually have to play the game to be a winner.  
    Even if yours is free, I'm not interested. You are no revolutionary. You have no auto-win.
    edited August 2014
    Strata said:
    Austere said:

Even if yours is free, I'm not interested. You are no revolutionary. You have no auto-win.
    Issued for lies.

Edit: or do I flag.  I forget.